• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, here is the first beta of the patch. It should be stable and in the definitive version but I may have missed some bugs in some place. This is why I ask you to test it and report here. Thanks. :)

DOWNLOAD :
Common Weapons of WWII - Patch 1.01 beta (thanks to derkb to provide me the server)

INSTALLATION :
Make a backup of your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder (simply copy it and paste it in another location).
Extract the patch in your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder and overwrite the files.

Don't apply the patch if you are not confident with computers, wait for the finale patch instead.

CHANGELOG :

################################
#### COMMON WEAPONS OF WWII ####
#### PATCH 1.01 CHANGELOG ####
################################
By DiDay for Paradox Interactive

- Added unit upgrade feature for most of the new units
- Added names for SS divisions and deleted them from the regular units division names
- Added several division names for Germany
- Added several division names for Soviet Union
- Added several division names for United Kingdom
- Added several division names for USA

- Transport ship engine tech now decreases the speed by 0.33 instead of 1

- Tweaked the interface in order to have the production panels scrollable

- Balanced most of the units, the motorized / mechanized / armored units consume lot more fuel and supplies (based upon Semper Fi values)
- National Guards are more expensive but build faster now, they also have suppression value to 2
- National Guards is now about x2 cost than garrison but better at defense and with no need to spend leadership in research
- SS and guards have less moral and org (40-40) now

- Added new units in the major OOBs

- AI will research the new units and tech but don't expect it to build units efficiently

I installed it yesterday and everything is working fine.

When you open the Launcher, there are 3 Buttons at the bottom, "Register" and "Check for Update" on the left and "Start HoI3" on the right. Between them is a drop down menu where you can select either "Default" or the mods whech you have installed in the Mod Directory.

This looks like a fantastic mod - will definitely try it out now.

Not in my mod folder, I only have a 'dummy', an MPEG video, and the main folder with no save games. Where in here should I look?

In the main folder, called Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III\mod\common_weapons_of_WWII, there should be a save-game folder.

I'd rather see reports about new games but you can try and report too. :)

I think this is savegame compatible.

I'm getting strange results for the names of Waffen-SS units. I'm building two divisions of SS-INF containing 2 SS-INF brigades each. The names assigned were 1. SS-Leibstandarte Adolph Hitler and 2. SS-Panzer Div. 'Das Reich.'

I'm getting strange results for the names of Waffen-SS units. I'm building two divisions of SS-INF containing 2 SS-INF brigades each. The names assigned were 1. SS-Leibstandarte Adolph Hitler and 2. SS-Panzer Div. 'Das Reich.'

This works as intended. I named the SS divisions from 1. to about 50. You can build them early as infantry and upgrade them to panzer and mech. :)

This works as intended. I named the SS divisions from 1. to about 50. You can build them early as infantry and upgrade them to panzer and mech. :)

OK. :) I just thought a Panzer Division without tanks was a little strange. :)

Perhaps you should just add a SS armor unit to the new unit mix.

Already there if you research medium armour techs up to level 3, you can research SS Panzer units. Same with Mech- Inf.

As it is considering how many changes and amalgamations within the SS hiarachy took place during the war and the years preceeding it, I guess the way DD has handled it is probably the best way to go, since he has no idea or control over how or when players will build the new units.

Status
Not open for further replies.