• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The largest Volksturm unit was the battalion which was activated in every county, so I'm not sure how wise would be to include them in the game, but it its up to the developer.. :D

This might be a silly question but whats the purpose of the quad engine transports extra lift capacity if the only thing you can load on them is airborne infantry and the new air enginers? The 2 engine transport works fine for that, the new fallscirmjager are too heavy for the quads if you have more then I think a 2 brigade division of them. It would be nice if you could you'se that extra lift capacity to transport non airborne units that make the weight requirment to a friendly controlled airfeild, like one that your air-inf have captured through an air assault. Just a thought.

Doesn't it have increased air supply via the larger carrying capacity?

SS Gebirgs and cavalery units

Fantastic beta patch from Devildread. Just want to point out the remaining SS units not incorporated into the new SS and axis tech-tree, namely the SS gebirgsjaegers and kavaleriunits (7th Florian Geyer etc).

This might be a silly question but whats the purpose of the quad engine transports extra lift capacity if the only thing you can load on them is airborne infantry and the new air enginers? The 2 engine transport works fine for that, the new fallscirmjager are too heavy for the quads if you have more then I think a 2 brigade division of them. It would be nice if you could you'se that extra lift capacity to transport non airborne units that make the weight requirment to a friendly controlled airfeild, like one that your air-inf have captured through an air assault. Just a thought.

Doesn't it have increased air supply via the larger carrying capacity?

Good point, I still wish we had the ability to airland non airborne units. have you used the U.S. glider units? Are they "one shot" deals or can you keep air dropping them multiple times?

also, why is it strictly US? the Luftwaffe gliders took out Eben Emael, not a paradrop.

Fantastic beta patch from Devildread. Just want to point out the remaining SS units not incorporated into the new SS and axis tech-tree, namely the SS gebirgsjaegers and kavaleriunits (7th Florian Geyer etc).

I didn't want to include too many units so they are represented through the regular cavalry, mountains etc.

Good point, I still wish we had the ability to airland non airborne units. have you used the U.S. glider units? Are they "one shot" deals or can you keep air dropping them multiple times?

I can't do that, I am a modder and only have access to the same stuff than you, not the engine code. And this is engine code related. I wish Paradox put the possibility to transport not paradroppable units from airports to airports in the future.

Gliders units are like the paratroopers, this is a brigade you have to put in the transport planes (transport planes unit actually represents the planes, the gliders and all the stuff).

also, why is it strictly US? the Luftwaffe gliders took out Eben Emael, not a paradrop.

At some moment I have to choose. This is a gameplay-mod, not a full-historical-I-want-all-the-shiny-stuff-I-can mod. :)
Germany used a lot of stuff, and I don't want to have a DLC with 100 units for Germany and 3 units for the rest of the world.

------------

I am waiting for the finale 2.1 Semper Fi patch (I don't know when it will be done) before releasing the DLC patch. :)

you can't stop it
It's already coming
Too late! No hiding
They're coming from the air
Unstoppable Force

Somebody is a Biiiiiiiiiiig fan of the airborne:D

not really the airborne. just the 101st. I'm from Belgium, you see. We know what those guys did for us in Bastogne.
More like airpower in general. A sky filled with B-17s and lancasters and English Fighters raining down justice.
And, maybe, I should add that its the refrain of a great song by the wonderful 80's metal band Agent Steel.

Last edited:
I like this mod very much and I can't see myself playing another Semper FI game without it :)

However, I do feel like the National Guard Unit really have no place unless I play as US/Canada.

I know I could just ignore building it, but latest play I noticed the AI (as US) build and used a bunch to try invade Norway. Which is fine when its them, but when Axis/Comintern does it it breaks the immersion a bit.

So I was thinking if it could be transformed into something else, like a Penal-brigade for the Russians, or some quickly raised local garrison troop to keep providences calm for the Axis that should instantly break when used to fight something better then rebels.

Or just change something in the script so only US/Canada can build and use them. I'm a complete newbie with scripting so it will take me some time to figure it out myself.

Anyway, damn fine mod and good work with the beta patch :)

I love these new options, lots of extra flavour! I presume the code which links certain units to certain sprites is not possible to mod / access? The only drawback of the new units is that they are not using the spritepacks. I suppose they cannot, so that people without the spritepacks can use these units too. It would be grand though, if all DLC could be made to work together at some point in the future. It would be an absolute dream if we could buy new sprites for these units.

National Guard

Hi DD

Just played as the USA...

You have infantry upgrading to National Guard?

It should be the other way around, otherwise most of the American army stays as static infantry, instead of upgrading in 42-45, to become a mobile motorised/mechanised army. (as per historical)

Have fun

Okay you have another two weeks to continue to give feedbacks about the units and suggestions about balance and I'll make a finale patch late August. :)

You can find the beta patch in this post.

--edit :no need to ask for new units, I won't add more. Let's balance the one already in the DLC.

Elite infantry USMC? And not Royal Marine Commandos? How are regular infantry who jump off boats elite and a unit which conducted raids and other covert operations not elite? Nationalism or something perhaps.

@Devildread: I am not sure i got this one right nor the accurate threat but anyways. Your DLC works only with SF 2.1, not on 2.2 or 2.3?

I am using it on 2.3

I have made modifications though for all the changes in 2.3, such as new OOB's

I even changed around 'National Guard', so it can upgrade... :)

Have fun

Please let me be free to post critic from ,lets say artistic aspect.

I congratulate to the author of mod,but from my opinion(aestetic) he overdid it by making new unit icons in prod. menu in different colours than white as all enviroment is(its not such pain to everyone but first time newbee to find new units ,there is no need for them to visualy(blue, yelow, grey..) pop up from visual enviroment.
For every armchair general, even average one, its very clear what this game addition brings, and it brings great things, no need to show this in colours,when game enviroment in original is not so colourfull.
It annecesary degrades original HOIII-Sf visual feeling(for me of course).

Or, let me define the problem from another perspective: This mod is so great,logical addition,it simply feels the gap in HOI III-Sf realism,ad I considder it to be actualy now organic part of HOI III-Sf expirience...so I would like to see it more incorporated in original visual enviroment.

.....I know this seems really to minor issue,but believe me for me it is not.

I am computer dumb, can someone help me with advice where to find those icons in game folder and how to edit them to be white like others.

Othrewise,great game addition,,anything but including this aproach in next game expansion will be from my point of view strategical mistake by developer.

Last edited:
If we can suggest things regarding the units, I would like to see SS, Guard etc infantry benefit from the air evacuation morale bonus too. It would make sense to me. Maybe that would make them overpowered, but then one could reduce the guard / axis warfare benefits or remove a tier from that line of research. Maybe there is a limit to how many technologies can affect a unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.