• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad for you Devildread ! ;)
Tu es enfin récompensé pour tes longs mois de moding au service des joueurs.

But i'm a little disapointed that you have chosen to make the "great patriotic war" as a doctrine.
IRL this occured as a reaction of the German's invasion, not threw decontextualised doctrinal improvements
So, in my opinion, it should remains as an event or a decision, eventualy with the exact same effects you have chosen.

Also, Soviet GUARDS wasn't specifical units, but basic ones renamed after have won an important battle or several ones.
So it should be an unit upgrade (let's say after 40 or 50 XP) not a specifical doctrine/tech.

Anyway i will buy your pack to support you, but i can't promise i won't modify it :D

I enjoy the ICE mod. Although the first time I used it I didn't realize it would wipe out my vanilla version and ended up having to re-install. I will buy this just to give some support to the ICE mod.

I have bought the dlc, downloaded and installed but i get no additional units or techs.
On my items screen it says "Install" but when i press the button, it tells me installation successful and nothing happens.
What can i do to make the dlc work?

Quit the game completely. Restart with the launcher. On the "Select mod to play" bar change it from Default to "Common Weapons of WWII". Then enjoy.

PS - won't work with non-mod savegames.

First of all, this is not compatible with I.C.E. :)

If you already use and enjoy I.C.E and don't consider going back to vanilla, you don't need the DLC (you always can support me and Paradox ;)).
If you want some new units and balanced gameplay (as I.C.E. is not designed to be gameplay balanced but history balanced, this is different), Common Weapons of WWII is what you need.

And in another spirit : the most DLC you buy, the most Paradox will be likely to give me in charge of another one. The most I earn money, the most I keep modding for free. :D

I'm going to GG now to make my blue coins contribution for the cause ;)

Sounds very interesting!

I have one question regarding game balance: does this in any way change how much Leadership is generated in the game for research purposes or does it alter how long it takes to research the techs already in the game?

It would seem to me that with so relatively many new techs to research to get the full scope of units, a player would find himself "behind schedule" at some point?

Or are the new units, like waffen ss, really really quick to research once you have the main units (infantry, armour, sp-art etc.) activated?

Sounds very interesting!

I have one question regarding game balance: does this in any way change how much Leadership is generated in the game for research purposes or does it alter how long it takes to research the techs already in the game?

It would seem to me that with so relatively many new techs to research to get the full scope of units, a player would find himself "behind schedule" at some point?

Or are the new units, like waffen ss, really really quick to research once you have the main units (infantry, armour, sp-art etc.) activated?

There isn't that much new techs so I didn't feel the need to add leadership like I did with I.C.E. for instance. The game already provides you loads of leadership (as Germany you can have everything up to date) and most of the techs are one shot ones anyway. The "lack" of new leadership point is also part of the balance in my opinion as well as the elite units using a lot of officers for instance. Since you player have units that the AI won't use, you will have to pay for them. :)

Someone talked about support, I can't answer that since this is my first DLC and I don't know how it works. I believe Paradox will contact me and ask for a patch if this is needed.

About the sprites there is none. This DLC is about new units and tech but no graphic stuff (I am not a 3D artist and I don't even know how we can do that). Don't forget that this is not a professional work, just a regular guy like you (I just used notepad++ and paint.net, nothing else).

Thanks for the support, guys. :)

Congratulations DD! After all the visable hard work you've put in with your modding and the behind the scenes time spent personally answering modding questions for individuals like myself you well deserve this recognition and chance to be monetarily rewarded.

With such a strong showing of diligent and selfless modders to include yourself, Lothos, and others ,the HOI 3 community is well served and could not ask for better. It is truly beyond comparison, thank you.

Also a thank you to Johan and others for nurturing such an environment and recognizing and rewarding these people.

In the launcher menu, you need to select this stuff from the mod list.

Someone should write this down on big, red letters on GG or here.

Will do :)

The good thing about this is it's a way to both use those blue coins that tend to gather up, and support the community. I hope to see more of this, from Devildread or other modders.

About the sprites there is none. This DLC is about new units and tech but no graphic stuff (I am not a 3D artist and I don't even know how we can do that). Don't forget that this is not a professional work, just a regular guy like you (I just used notepad++ and paint.net, nothing else).

Sorry D, the question was 'what sprites do they use?' What do you mean 'there is none' ... what do you see on the map when you manufacture one of these units?

The sprites for the graphic packs (from GG) are already made, no 3d artist needed ;)

There isn't that much new techs so I didn't feel the need to add leadership like I did with I.C.E. for instance. The game already provides you loads of leadership (as Germany you can have everything up to date) and most of the techs are one shot ones anyway. The "lack" of new leadership point is also part of the balance in my opinion as well as the elite units using a lot of officers for instance. Since you player have units that the AI won't use, you will have to pay for them. :)

Someone talked about support, I can't answer that since this is my first DLC and I don't know how it works. I believe Paradox will contact me and ask for a patch if this is needed.

Thanks for the support, guys. :)

Thanks for the reply DD!

One more question: you wrote at one point, that the Major Nations Immersion Pack would (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446902) would be integrated into the I.C.E. mod - does that mean that if I buy this new DLC, I get all of the correct unit names, types and pictures from that mod too? Or did you only use it in I.C.E.?

Sorry D, the question was 'what sprites do they use?' What do you mean 'there is none' ... what do you see on the map when you manufacture one of these units?

The sprites for the graphic packs (from GG) are already made, no 3d artist needed ;)

I use the regular sprites (motorized, infantry etc.). I don't use sprites myself so I don't know how it works exactly. I am not sure I can set special sprites without compatibility issues for those who didn't buy the sprites packs.

Thanks for the reply DD!

One more question: you wrote at one point, that the Major Nations Immersion Pack would (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446902) would be integrated into the I.C.E. mod - does that mean that if I buy this new DLC, I get all of the correct unit names, types and pictures from that mod too? Or did you only use it in I.C.E.?

Major Nation Immersion Pack is about the vanilla units. Since the DLC adds new units there is nothing from this mod in it.

Major Nation Immersion Pack is about the vanilla units. Since the DLC adds new units there is nothing from this mod in it.

Thanks again and sorry that I keep having questions but one more: the Major Nations Immersion Pack currently works for Hoi3 SF only when you also have the new beta files for SF also. Do you know/think that if I got MNIP, DLC + beta files it could all work together?

I have never played with mods in Hoi3, so I don't know if you can play with more than one mod active at a time? (assuming they are comptatible of course). :)

So, can I use both this DLC and the ICE mod at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.