Closed Thread
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 35 ... LastLast

Thread: New Official DLC - Made by Devildread

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiSword of the Stars II

Great! However, is this 1.01beta savegame compatible ? Sounds like it is but of course you might have better insight on this.
    Things are generally simple

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Devildread View Post
    Hey guys, here is the first beta of the patch. It should be stable and in the definitive version but I may have missed some bugs in some place. This is why I ask you to test it and report here. Thanks.

DOWNLOAD :
    Common Weapons of WWII - Patch 1.01 beta (thanks to derkb to provide me the server)

INSTALLATION :
    Make a backup of your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder (simply copy it and paste it in another location).
    Extract the patch in your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder and overwrite the files.

Don't apply the patch if you are not confident with computers, wait for the finale patch instead.

CHANGELOG :

################################
    #### COMMON WEAPONS OF WWII ####
    #### PATCH 1.01 CHANGELOG ####
    ################################
    By DiDay for Paradox Interactive

- Added unit upgrade feature for most of the new units
    - Added names for SS divisions and deleted them from the regular units division names
    - Added several division names for Germany
    - Added several division names for Soviet Union
    - Added several division names for United Kingdom
    - Added several division names for USA

- Transport ship engine tech now decreases the speed by 0.33 instead of 1

- Tweaked the interface in order to have the production panels scrollable

- Balanced most of the units, the motorized / mechanized / armored units consume lot more fuel and supplies (based upon Semper Fi values)
    - National Guards are more expensive but build faster now, they also have suppression value to 2
    - National Guards is now about x2 cost than garrison but better at defense and with no need to spend leadership in research
    - SS and guards have less moral and org (40-40) now

- Added new units in the major OOBs

- AI will research the new units and tech but don't expect it to build units efficiently
    Quote Originally Posted by dimstog View Post
    Great! However, is this 1.01beta savegame compatible ? Sounds like it is but of course you might have better insight on this.
    I'd rather see reports about new games but you can try and report too.

I think this is savegame compatible.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiSword of the Stars II

I'd rather see reports about new games but you can try and report too.
    Yes, I understand, but I only get a couple of gamehours per day and I want to finally finish a Barbarossa at some point
    Things are generally simple

Where im gone see what version of common weapons i have when patch oficial?
    And how come that new transport engine decrease the speed and not increase the speed? or have i missunderstood?

Semper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by mille View Post
    Where im gone see what version of common weapons i have when patch oficial?
    And how come that new transport engine decrease the speed and not increase the speed? or have i missunderstood?
    I don't understand your first question.

Transport engine adds range at the cost of fuel and speed.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    81 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    Will the official patch for the mod be in the tech forum when it is released?
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Semper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    Will the official patch for the mod be in the tech forum when it is released?
    I don't know, this is Paradox responsability. I guess they will find a way to warn all their customers.

The tests are running good, I think I will release the patch next monday.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Good to see some of the most active modders get a bit off pay for their hard work.

I just hope any income is shared fairly between all who contributed (in the case its more then DD). This is often hard to arrange with community mod projects like I know at least the big mod is.
    "Experience is something you don't usually get until just after you need it"

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    How are sales for this going?

Just a heads up on beta patch. The second SS inf unit I built had a name of ' 2. SS-Panzer-Div.'Das Reich'. The first SS unit was cool, ' 1. SS-Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler'.
    An congrats on the Mod!
    Edit: Since the first SS inf, all SS units have panzer names even motorized. Havn't reached the tech for SS panzers yet, or mech. inf. Still pre-Poland 1937 time frame.
    After eight SS inf, an two moto SS units this name popped up 14. Galizicshe SS-Freiw. Div. for a SS inf unit.
    Last edited by Whiskeyblind; 22-07-2010 at 18:57.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but is it correct for the (two engine) transport to give heavy aircraft practical? Given that there is now a 4 engine transport, it seems to me that the two engine transport would give medium aircraft practical.

Semper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by davion76 View Post
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but is it correct for the (two engine) transport to give heavy aircraft practical? Given that there is now a 4 engine transport, it seems to me that the two engine transport would give medium aircraft practical.
    Excellent point, added.

I'm most interested in the CAG's. Silly me though, I expected the NAV bombers to be able to be on carriers and made a few of them. Doh. Oh well atleast they'll protect Canada's borders from any naval threats!

As much as I'd like this mod, I have no way of purchasing online content at the moment. ): Something to remember about though.

Quote Originally Posted by davion76 View Post
    I disagree (respectfully ). From the beginning in 1936, building Junkers Ju-52 transports gives you Heavy Aircraft practicals the same as strategic bombers - while tacs and (I think) naval bombers give you Medium Aircraft practicals and interceptors, multi-role and CAG/CAS all give you light practicals.

Now, just because you can build even bigger 4-engine beasts later on that should not alter the fact that a 2-engine transport is still a "heavy" wing!

Just my 2 cents

What does this button do? - a Semper Fi gameplay AAR (Germany, 1936) - World War II accidentally started on June 1, 1938 (dead)
    Turning Point: STALINGRAD - a 1942 campaign gameplay AAR here - the war begins on page 13! (dead)
    A World in Flames - an international DDA 1.1 1936 AAR Index in the first post (dead)

"You mean now we can't say 'Hello, we're French spies' to strangers on the street like we used to?"
    - Furstner in The Popular Front by Prufrock451

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Commander-DK View Post
    Now, just because you can build even bigger 4-engine beasts later on that should not alter the fact that a 2-engine transport is still a "heavy" wing!
    The Junkers Ju-52 will always be a hard one since its actually a 3 engine transport :P
    "Experience is something you don't usually get until just after you need it"

Quote Originally Posted by Commander-DK View Post
    I disagree (respectfully ). From the beginning in 1936, building Junkers Ju-52 transports gives you Heavy Aircraft practicals the same as strategic bombers - while tacs and (I think) naval bombers give you Medium Aircraft practicals and interceptors, multi-role and CAG/CAS all give you light practicals.

Just my 2 cents

I am ok with either, but

type maxTOweight
    Do-17 7,039 kg - 8,850 kg
    HE-111 14,000 kg
    JU-52 10,990 kg

B-25 19,000 kg (J variant)
    B-26 17,000 kg (G variant)
    DC-3 11,400 kg

seems to make sense with a medium aircraft practical for the typical 2-3 engine transports.

Semper FiVictoria 2

Anyway this is not "heavy" or "medium" aircraft practical but two and four engines practical. So the vanilla transport plane is two engine and the four engine transport plane is, well, four engine.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Anyway this is not "heavy" or "medium" aircraft practical but two and four engines practical. So the vanilla transport plane is two engine and the four engine transport plane is, well, four engine.
    Which brings us back to Tante Ju
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

I personally want to see the Antonov A-40 in this, I think it'd be a great addition to the game.
    1 Clerk
    Nationality: European/British
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Liberalism/European Federalist
    Issues: Free Trade/Atheism
    Militancy: 7 (-0.01)
    Consciousness: 10 (+0.12)

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by KommanderKhaki View Post
    I personally want to see the Antonov A-40 in this, I think it'd be a great addition to the game.
    Actually gliders would be good technology. Increasing cost of transport planes while increasing air assault efficiency. But maybe they are already there. I don't use this tool because it seems to be way too expensive
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 35 ... LastLast