+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Numbers Arenít Everything (Germany, 1936, SF 2.03 Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by Xendance View Post
    I like this. You're using modern warfare like operational strikes in WW2.
    With a lot of strat. redeployment and micro-managing your troops, I think you can cover the line.
    Sometimes I think strat. redeployment is too good to be truth. It really helps in defence

31 May 1940

Fall Gelb – The Third Week

The Siege of Den Haag has ended on 28 May 1939. Only Amsterdam remains in Dutch hand but currently under heavy siege an can fall any time.

The Siege of Bruxelles was lifted for a while, but upon arrival of two mariner divisions from liege and some armoured units a second more intensive siege began. Other Allied units were pushed out of Belgium.

At the same time armoured, mechanised and motorised German divisions bypassed Paris and moved South and South East catching and destroying surprised French reserves.

7 June 1940

Fall Gelb – The Fourth Week

On 3 June, following heavy fighting Amsterdam was taken. Just few hours later German soldiers entered Paris which was declared an open city.

While the Allies were focused on the imminent capitulation of Paris, the Soviet Union presented the ultimatums to the Baltic States. The Baltic States accepted all the Soviet's demand and were subsequently annexed.

The Second Siege of Bruxelles continues.

While heavy fighting continues in Champagne-Ardenne, German motorised and armoured divisions are already approaching Nantes and Bordeaux.

14 June 1940

Fall Gelb – The Fifth Week

On 9 June, the biggest battle so far has ended. Bruxelles fell and 43,000 Allies were taken prisoners. At last three mariner divisions can move south.

German motorised armoured divisions reached Brest and Bordeaux. However, French divisions arrived from South France and began a wide offensive at St Vauri and Limoges. Canadians are also trying to land at Dunkerque.

21 June 1940

Fall Gelb – The Sixth Week

On 19 June, another important battle was won. Almost 130,000 Allies were pushed out from St-Dizier. Now Germans won some time for offensive on Nancy before Allies could reorganise.

Brest was taken. The first Bordeaux siege was lifted because Allies arrived to help the besieged city but upon arrival of a marine division the siege was resumed.

Due to difficulty in taking Metz the plan was modified. Now Vichy became German next target and a successful breakthrough was made in that direction.

Australians landed at Brugge, but they pose no real threat for the moment and therefore were not engaged.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quite insane.
    Next time use DICE and only SS divisions?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Malmö, Skane Lan, Sweden, 110837332277562, Malmö, Sweden
    Very cool, amazing what a good gamer can do with such limited numbers, how far ahead are you techwise?
    Favorite mods,

HOI1, HSR and SRP

HOI2, HSR, The compendium mod and Mod 34.

HOI3 SF, DiDay's Unique Units (ICE)

1 July 1940

Fall Gelb – The Seventh Week

On 22 June, the Siege of Bordeaux ended. A few days Nancy was taken on the left flank.

On 28 June, Vichy fell and in morning of the next day France capitulated. 6 weeks campaign has almost ended.

Only the remnants of Spanish volunteers and BEF became entrapped at Maginot line. Australians also keep Brugge but they still pose no real threat and will be dealt with later.

Germans and Spanish are going to negotiate a cease fire and an invasion to Iberia is not planned at the moment.

Researh

Land Research

Navy and Air Research

Doctrines and Other Research

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Quite insane.
    Next time use DICE and only SS divisions?
    It is an idea

Quote Originally Posted by mrsund View Post
    Very cool, amazing what a good gamer can do with such limited numbers, how far ahead are you techwise?
    I just noticed that I am not that far ahead except at heavy armour. I never had heavy armour before but I want to try it as a defensive unit. This time heavy armour divisions were able to pin down all left flank.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Tanks defending Ardennes?
    That is very illogical...

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Germany can get away with anything, really

Tanks defending Ardennes?
    That is very illogical...
    I guess it is However, there are no penalties in defending forest with armour and heavy armour has the best defensive stat

The mountaineer corps was cleaning a way with armour as a support and then armour (1 harm + 1 art) was taking over the defence of provinces cleaned. That worked.

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    Germany can get away with anything, really
    You are right

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Malmö, Skane Lan, Sweden, 110837332277562, Malmö, Sweden
    Heavy Tank may be expensive, but not illogical, when having so few units, you have to have the best and I gues you wont have so much off a supply issue.

I really like the way you are playing, you are totally outplaying the AI both with tactics and strategy.
    Favorite mods,

HOI1, HSR and SRP

HOI2, HSR, The compendium mod and Mod 34.

HOI3 SF, DiDay's Unique Units (ICE)

1 February 1941

The Elimination of Resistance Pockets

Just days after the fall of France, Italy declared war on Greece on 1 July 1940. Greece was overrun and on 23 August it capitulated. The country was annexed by Italians.

Upon arrival of heavy tank corps, Australian and British pocket at Brugge was eliminated on 19 July and the last Spanish Volunteers surrendered at Selestat on 20 July.

Two weeks later the last Dutch troops surrendered on 2 August.

Canadians attacked Normandy several times but were repulsed.

British landed in Spain and on at the end of September attacked German garrison at St Jean Pied de Port. The battle became the bloodiest German battle of the war. Only a Tigers division, which arrived two weeks later was able to stop British armour advance.

The Soviets are preparing for war.

Did you put too many troops near their border?

6 April 1941

Operation Punishment (Unternehmen Strafgericht) – Preparations

Following a coup d'etat on 27 March 27 1941 by anti-axis, Serbian military officers, and the Regent, Prince Paul of Yugoslavia was replaced on the throne by King Peter II of Yugoslavia. Germany declared was on Yugoslavia.

An army of 63.000 soldiers was allocated for the operation.

Four jager divisions consisting of 3-4 jager brigades and one division consisting of 2 jager and 3 artillery brigades.

The only worry is that Yugoslavians have multiple divisions which could penetrate German lines therefore 2 divisions were added to support coherent front.

1200 tactical bombers and 200 multi-role fighters are going to support land units.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsund View Post
    Heavy Tank may be expensive, but not illogical, when having so few units, you have to have the best and I gues you wont have so much off a supply issue.

I really like the way you are playing, you are totally outplaying the AI both with tactics and strategy.
    Thank you. I am going to experiment with 1 HArm + 1 SHArm + 1 Eng as a defensive unit in the Operation Barbarossa.

Did you put too many troops near their border?
    I had no units there before March 1941. Now I have transferred all units except those which defend ports in France, Holland and West Germany. So far 39% comparing to the Soviet Army at the border. I need 50% in order to cancel NAP and the Soviets are bringing more divisions now. I have to build some more units before 22 June

I know that Germans landed in North Africa in February 1941, but I can not really transport my units there and Italians are not at war yet. Greece unfortunately didn't join Allies before Italians attacked them. I will deploy some transport in Mediterranean after taking Split but can not commit any unit for North African campaign because of the Soviet NAP restriction. I don't know if it is a good idea to invite Axis partners against the Allies.

Are you sure Hungary can defend herself?

Are you sure Hungary can defend herself?
    I am not sure it is good idea to invite Axis partners as Japan won against China. I think the Soviets wouldn't have a chance against combined German, Italian, Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian and Japanese forces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast