• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now you see a whole list of events we need to pour through. This needs to be done once, as this is your first game. The game remembers these settings in all your future games. So take a look to these screens and implement them. It will only take a few minutes. You can find them attached to a .rar file on the bottom of this post.

---Alternatively, you can download this .rar (linky link). There you'll find a .txt file which needs to be placed in your c:\program files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis 3 folder. If asked to overwrite, press yes. It is recommended that you make a copy of the file that you will overwrite, just in case.---
Sorry, I know that this tutorial AAR started three years ago and has since died, but I am trying to go through it to help learn EU3:HTTT and when I tried to download the configured message settings, the hosting site I gone. I know this is unlikely, but if anyone had a copy of it still, it would be very helpful if you could upload it. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Sorry, I know that this tutorial AAR started three years ago and has since died, but I am trying to go through it to help learn EU3:HTTH and when I tried to download the configured message settings, the hosting site I gone. I know this is unlikely, but if anyone had a copy of it still, it would be very helpful if you could upload it. Thank you in advance!

Where would you need configured message settings?
For general questions regarding the game you can still ask anything Eu3 related on the Eu3 official forum section.

If you wish to learn more of Eu3, start with some of the oldest Eu3 AARs, dating 2007. There should be some that explain all of the basic stuff.

Where would you need configured message settings?
In my original quote from the first chapter Rhadok provided a link to a file containing the configured message settings as an alternative to having to configure the settings from 20 images he provided of the message settings screen, but this file's host site has since been taken down. I was only wondering if anyone still had these configured messages settings, as I am trying to work through this tutorial with the proper message settings without having to change them individually from 20 images.
For general questions regarding the game you can still ask anything Eu3 related on the Eu3 official forum section.
Yes, I am well aware of how these forums work.
If you wish to learn more of Eu3, start with some of the oldest Eu3 AARs, dating 2007. There should be some that explain all of the basic stuff.
As I do wish to learn more about Eu3:HTTT, I thought that this tutorial AAR for HTTH would be the best for explaining the basic stuff.
Sorry for any confusion and I hope this clear it up.:)

Last edited:
IMO, the settings for messages are not that important for gameplay.

Most of them have stuff about usually irrelevant stuff.
Unless of course you want to control everything and know everything. :)

I myself no longer remember the differences between Eu3 vanilla, NA, IN, HttT or DW :p