+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Errors? Look here first.

The game seems to hang randomly - I suspect this is due to non-functional decisions. The AI does not appear to obey the magistrate requirements or other requirements for decisions, and so it may get into an infinite loop. Making decisions cost some money may help.

This is only a suspicion, though, which seemed to have been fixed within my own mod.

Last DW patch (July) and last WWM version.
    I have also what appear to be random freezes in the beginning of the game. I can reproduce it steadily with a new start of Teutonic Order in 1408. It freezes after 3 days and creates a 10mb logfile in debug mode. Too big to upload here. Most of it are bad pixel errors and a lot of these:

Code:
    [country.cpp:1315]: Unknown unit-type ==>'australian_redcoat'<== for historical units in country file mod\WholeWorld\common\countries/Anmatjera.txt
    [country.cpp:1315]: Unknown unit-type ==>'indonesian_horsemen'<== for historical units in country file mod\WholeWorld\common\countries/Murrdi.txt
    [country.cpp:1315]: Unknown unit-type ==>'australian_reformed_lancers'<== for historical units in country file mod\WholeWorld\common\countries/Murrdi.txt
    [country.cpp:1315]: Unknown unit-type ==>'australian_redcoat'<== for historical units in country file mod\WholeWorld\common\countries/Murrdi.txt
    [country.cpp:1315]: Unknown unit-type ==>'indonesian_horsemen'<== for historical units in country file mod\WholeWorld\common\countries/Murri.txt
    [country.cpp:1315]: Unknown unit-type ==>'australian_reformed_lancers'<== for historical units in country file mod\WholeWorld\common\countries/Murri.txt
    [country.cpp:1315]: Unknown unit-type ==>'australian_redcoat'<== for historical units in country file mod\WholeWorld\common\countries/Murri.txt
    ...bad pixel errors... and at the end of the log:

Code:
    [gamestate.cpp:2446]: 1408.10.14 Tachibana has no primary culture specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2448]: 1408.10.14 Tachibana has no government type specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2450]: 1408.10.14 Tachibana has no technology group specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2452]: 1408.10.14 Tachibana has no religion specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2446]: 1408.10.14 Fujiwara has no primary culture specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2448]: 1408.10.14 Fujiwara has no government type specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2450]: 1408.10.14 Fujiwara has no technology group specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2452]: 1408.10.14 Fujiwara has no religion specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2481]: 1408.10.14 Namayan and Tondo is set to be in a union, but lacks a military alliance.
    [gamestate.cpp:2481]: 1408.10.14 Tondo and Namayan is set to be in a union, but lacks a military alliance.
    [gamestate.cpp:2446]: 1408.10.14 Malaya has no primary culture specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2448]: 1408.10.14 Malaya has no government type specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2450]: 1408.10.14 Malaya has no technology group specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2452]: 1408.10.14 Malaya has no religion specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2446]: 1408.10.14 Hindustan has no primary culture specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2448]: 1408.10.14 Hindustan has no government type specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2450]: 1408.10.14 Hindustan has no technology group specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2452]: 1408.10.14 Hindustan has no religion specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2446]: 1408.10.14 MRR has no primary culture specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2448]: 1408.10.14 MRR has no government type specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2450]: 1408.10.14 MRR has no technology group specified.
    [gamestate.cpp:2452]: 1408.10.14 MRR has no religion specified.
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. ...until it finally becomes playable.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

Question New Religions

I apologize if this error has already been noted:
    For the added religions (Sikhism, Judaic groups) I experience a CTD. I can play as a nation with one as a national religion perfectly well, but it crashes whenever I try to send a missionary to convert the province. I'm using the latest version for DW. My DW is compatable and it seems to work perfectly well with the "vanilla" religions. I have looked in the gfx to see if there is a missing anim for a missionary and viewed the religions file to see if there are any errors but to my eye it looks fine. I enjoy playing as a Sikh nation but the fact that I cannot send missionaries can compromise the game. Unless I adopt tolerance ideas then I will always have less tax and more RR.
    Last edited by o awesome one; 24-12-2011 at 22:11.
    "It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."
    -- Joseph Joubert

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by o awesome one View Post
    I apologize if this error has already been noted:
    For the added religions (Sikhism, Judaic groups) I experience a CTD. I can play as a nation with one as a national religion perfectly well, but it crashes whenever I try to send a missionary to convert the province. I'm using the latest version for DW. My DW is compatable and it seems to work perfectly well with the "vanilla" religions. I have looked in the gfx to see if there is a missing anim for a missionary and viewed the religions file to see if there are any errors but to my eye it looks fine. I enjoy playing as a Sikh nation but the fact that I cannot send missionaries can compromise the game. Unless I adopt tolerance ideas then I will always have less tax and more RR.
    Which version are you playing? Some older versions may not have models for the little missionary who appears on the map, so the game crashes when you it tries to load the model. I was under the impression that this was fixed in the latest versions.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Im using WWM for DW, four months and two go by when it crashes, it's also a ingame crash im am using the DW expansion, I have done no customizations,there no craxy text other than when i lost a trading item it says you have lost unknow, usually is says you have lost (example) Tobaco.

1. I have DW 5.1, the version of it I got through the launcher and I'm pretty sure it's not a beta.
    2. It's the most up to date version that the thread to download it from.
    3. The crash is in game.
    4. Only about 4 or 5 days pass before it's finished.
    5. There are a few areas that say no government and no ruler.
    6. I don't know if it counts, but I did the think to add the ports into the game.
    7. I haven't been able to think of any way to try and fix it. (I'm not so good with computers)
    8. I don't think I have any of the options, I just have the mod, 5.0 is the way it's listed.

So anyway the game shuts down and says it's encountered a problem and needs to close when it happens. I've so far only played as the United States at 1776, but I'll try it on other dates to see if it will work.

Edit: From what I can see the only country that says no government is netherlands, but the game file says it's fuedal monarchy.
    Last edited by Michael Gates; 23-01-2012 at 23:37.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

you have almost the same problem as me michael :/

Don't think this has been covered yet, from what I see. But I am using DW 5.1 on steam. I started up the WWM and made sure it loaded fine, everything seems okay. I picked Aztecs thinking I could conquer all those little guys around me. I have no troop types to recruit. I'm stuck with just the 2000 man army I have that isn't a unit type either. I reloaded and checked the other Aztec looking neighbors and noticed they were the same. You can't pick their basic unit type for their armies, can't train new troops, and can't hire mercs. They all show up as blank bars.

1. What expansions do you have? eu3 complete , HTTT, DW through steam
    2. What version of WWM you are using? acording to the instaler 4.999 according to the launcher 5.0
    3. Is crash in-game or on loading? it's not really a crash but the coastlines and province borders look really weird as seen in linked screenshots
    http://tinypic.com/r/107mnhx/5
    http://tinypic.com/r/nlr9f6/5
    4. n/a
    5. All uninhabited areas are labeled French *that region*.
    6. no
    7. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mod didn't help
    8. none I couldn't find WWMOptions.exe or GraphicsSwitcher.exe.

1. Steam DW 5.1 (BJLT)
    2. 4.999 as per installer, 5.0 as per EU3 launcher - using link to DW version from mod thread
    3. Game isn't crashing but hangs on "Initializing Map Logic" with the loading indicator turning
    4. - 6. N/A
    7. Deleted base game map cache, deleted mod map cache, running eu3game.exe as admin (Win7) or in compatibility mode (WinXP SP3) - didn't help
    8. Plain WWM install, no changes

EDIT: Finally, I managed the mod to load! Shamefully, it's been a user error on my part - for some reason my positions.txt had only a size of 36k. After realizing that, redownloading and replacing, WWM loaded into main menu flawlessly.

Thanks =)
    Last edited by factor5; 04-03-2012 at 18:17.

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bengrimm View Post
    you have almost the same problem as me michael :/
    Still working on this one

Quote Originally Posted by wurmsrus View Post
    1. What expansions do you have? eu3 complete , HTTT, DW through steam
    2. What version of WWM you are using? acording to the instaler 4.999 according to the launcher 5.0
    3. Is crash in-game or on loading? it's not really a crash but the coastlines and province borders look really weird as seen in linked screenshots
    http://tinypic.com/r/107mnhx/5
    http://tinypic.com/r/nlr9f6/5
    4. n/a
    5. All uninhabited areas are labeled French *that region*.
    6. no
    7. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mod didn't help
    8. none I couldn't find WWMOptions.exe or GraphicsSwitcher.exe.
    I have no idea why it happens, but since it's merely cosmetic, I'm not worried about it at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by factor5 View Post
    1. Steam DW 5.1 (BJLT)
    2. 5.0
    3. Game isn't crashing but hangs on "Initializing Map Logic" with the loading indicator turning
    4. - 6. N/A
    7. Deleted map cache didn't help
    8. Plain WWM install, no changes

Thanks =)
    Are you sure you have the right version? I don't think there is a 5.0
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    Are you sure you have the right version? I don't think there is a 5.0
    I have been a little unclear there, its as with wurmsrus - the launcher shows WWM 5.0, while the installer says its 4.999. In any case, its the latest version from the download thread: DW (2011.8.27) with positions.txt copied into the map folder of the mod. Btw I also tried deleting mod map cache and tried running eu3game.exe as admin but that didn't help either. Unmodded EU3 or D&T v4.9 loads fine, too.

EDIT: Finally, I managed the mod to load! Shamefully, it's been a user error on my part - for some reason my positions.txt had only a size of 36k. After realizing that, redownloading and replacing, WWM loaded into main menu flawlessly.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by factor5; 04-03-2012 at 18:17.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

"For the added religions (Sikhism, Judaic groups) I experience a CTD. I can play as a nation with one as a national religion perfectly well, but it crashes whenever I try to send a missionary to convert the province. I'm using the latest version for DW. My DW is compatable and it seems to work perfectly well with the "vanilla" religions. I have looked in the gfx to see if there is a missing anim for a missionary and viewed the religions file to see if there are any errors but to my eye it looks fine. I enjoy playing as a Sikh nation but the fact that I cannot send missionaries can compromise the game. Unless I adopt tolerance ideas then I will always have less tax and more RR."

I'm using the EU3: Divine Wind 5.1b and the latest version of the WWM for DW. Apologies for the long delay - I've a hectic life.
    "It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."
    -- Joseph Joubert

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by o awesome one View Post
    "For the added religions (Sikhism, Judaic groups) I experience a CTD. I can play as a nation with one as a national religion perfectly well, but it crashes whenever I try to send a missionary to convert the province. I'm using the latest version for DW. My DW is compatable and it seems to work perfectly well with the "vanilla" religions. I have looked in the gfx to see if there is a missing anim for a missionary and viewed the religions file to see if there are any errors but to my eye it looks fine. I enjoy playing as a Sikh nation but the fact that I cannot send missionaries can compromise the game. Unless I adopt tolerance ideas then I will always have less tax and more RR."

I'm using the EU3: Divine Wind 5.1b and the latest version of the WWM for DW. Apologies for the long delay - I've a hectic life.
    I think this is a known bug with the mod. You can try to fix yourself. See the bottom half of the following post talking about buildings.gfx:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13242695

Soberanodeloepopeyico peregrino05's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

hi im newbie in this mod
    1. What expansions do you have?
    the latest is DW

2. What version of WWM you are using?
    3. Is crash in-game or on loading?

Well, in the screen loading Initialising logic map the game is no working and freezes.

Can help?

thanks
    ""Spain is the strongest country in the world, the Spaniards have tried to destroy his country for centuries and they have not succeeded." O.V.Bismarck
    Monograficos ilustrados o animados hechos por mi.
    Ven al Foro Elite, Se de Elite!!
    Primer AAR español del HoI3 La guerra Civil. First spanish AAR HoI3 Spanish Civil War

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by peregrino05 View Post
    hi im newbie in this mod
    1. What expansions do you have?
    the latest is DW

2. What version of WWM you are using?
    3. Is crash in-game or on loading?

Well, in the screen loading Initialising logic map the game is no working and freezes.

Can help?

thanks
    Have you installed the Paradox DW final 5.1 patch dated 7-22-2011?

Europa Universalis 3

1. What expansions do you have? all up to dw 5.1
    2. What version of WWM you are using? latest
    3. Is crash in-game or on loading? a day to month in game
    4. How many days go by in game before crash? above
    5. Any abnormal text; "noRuler", "noGovernment", or craziness etc. negative
    6. Have YOU done any customizations yourself? If so, what? Not on your mod
    7. What have you tried to resolve the problem? re-installing, checking the files are right size
    8. What WWM options do you have on? (Less Countries, Hand Drawn Map) Standard

Just keeps crashing as CSA after about a month of gameplay with no reason given

Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by xeroith View Post
    1. What expansions do you have? all up to dw 5.1
    2. What version of WWM you are using? latest
    3. Is crash in-game or on loading? a day to month in game
    4. How many days go by in game before crash? above
    5. Any abnormal text; "noRuler", "noGovernment", or craziness etc. negative
    6. Have YOU done any customizations yourself? If so, what? Not on your mod
    7. What have you tried to resolve the problem? re-installing, checking the files are right size
    8. What WWM options do you have on? (Less Countries, Hand Drawn Map) Standard

Just keeps crashing as CSA after about a month of gameplay with no reason given
    Wait for the public beta of WWM 5.0, which will be released Soon™.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

1) eu3 v5.1
    2) Whole World 5.0
    3) I have not made any modifications to the mod and didn't even know there were WWM options like less countries and hand-drawn map.
    4) The game crashes to desktop during the transition from 28 Feb, 1494 to 1 Mar, 1494 and the following error message is displayed in a pop-up window:
    eu3game.exe has stopped working.
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
    5) I'm playing the Grand Campaign starting on 14 Oct 1399. I have the game saved on 27 Feb, 1494 and the crash always occurs in the transition to March.
    6) Thanks in advance for your help!

Corporal
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Structuurman View Post
    According to the system_error log, the problem in my savegame seems to be an issue with monarchs and generals.

[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 2434 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11402 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 2849 38. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 1764 38. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 289 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 700 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 2968 38. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 1417 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 3271 38. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 1773 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 2205 38. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 8428 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 9070 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11498 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 3333 38. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11333 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 10253 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 2317 38. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11421 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11421 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11982 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11362 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11363 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11325 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 11320 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 3286 38. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 8427 37. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 744 38. Already exists in game.
    [id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 8428 37. Already exists in game.

The list goes on like this. If I'm correct, the game tries to create a king or leader that already exists. Editing the savegame itself showed me the conflicting leader id being present two times. It might be a bug in the files of the individual countries, more specifically in the part with the leader names. Also possible is a bug in the history files. I don't know if the problem is easy to fix so maybe I can do that myself.
    Did you find a solution on this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast