• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a huge pity that the recently discovered supplies of oil in Greenland probably won't be represented in the game, or else I could have taken advantage of it to make my little yet fantastic country rich and powerful :(

Am I the only one who felt that oil and fuel were not really that profitable in Vicky? I only ever built enough fuel refineries to support my tank/ship building.

Am I the only one who felt that oil and fuel were not really that profitable in Vicky? I only ever built enough fuel refineries to support my tank/ship building.

Well now that I think of it oil and petrol wasn't actually hard to come by during that era like it is now. In fact I don't think you have to go further then 50 years back in time to find yourself in a world where oil really doesn't cost that much.

Wouldnt count on it, since in Vicky population is the most important of all the resources;)

How important?

And on a side note, I am much more worried about the fact that in HOI 3 Iceland only has 3 provinces, if Iceland is a single province nation (if it is even releasable at all) then I can't imagine myself having a lot of options :mad:

Well now that I think of it oil and petrol wasn't actually hard to come by during that era like it is now. In fact I don't think you have to go further then 50 years back in time to find yourself in a world where oil really doesn't cost that much.
By the end of the game companies like Anglo-Persian Oil (Now known as BP) were amongst the largest businesses in the world.

By the end of the game companies like Anglo-Persian Oil (Now known as BP) were amongst the largest businesses in the world.

But that doesn't change the fact that oil wasn't as expensive back then.

Just look at all of those huge cars/jeeps that people use to casually buy and think of how much petrol they consume, and then imagine why nobody really buys those kinds of cars anymore.........

But that doesn't change the fact that oil wasn't as expensive back then.

Just look at all of those huge cars/jeeps that people use to casually buy and think of how much petrol they consume, and then imagine why nobody really buys those kinds of cars anymore.........
Do your research before you make claims like these :)
oilprice1869.gif

I'm in the US atm, on work trip, and believe me, people here buy those "huge cars/jeeps" like crazy.

I'm amazed at how large the vehicles here are. And they don't use them for anything either. It's insane.

Fuel is much cheaper here as well.

Do your research before you make claims like these :)
oilprice1869.gif

I'm in the US atm, on work trip, and believe me, people here buy those "huge cars/jeeps" like crazy.

I'm amazed at how large the vehicles here are. And they don't use them for anything either. It's insane.

Fuel is much cheaper here as well.

Well I was talking from my own point of view, and I forgot that fuel is like 2-3 times more expensive in Iceland (and probably Europe in general) then it is in the US, so driving something like a Hummer where I live would be insanely expensive in terms of how much you would have to pay for the petrol/fuel.

This isn't made any better by the fact that my country is going through the worst economic disaster it has ever faced in its 1 thousand year long history.

This isn't made any better by the fact that my country is going through the worst economic disaster it has ever faced in its 1 thousand year long history.

I think the years after the eruption of Laki might have been worst, though definitely the current situation is very dire.

You only need to go back 12 years to find a time when oil didn't cost much; it reached a post-WWII low in value in 1998.

I think the years after the eruption of Laki might have been worst, though definitely the current situation is very dire.

I said economic disaster. Comparing the banking crisis of today to a volcano that destroyed 1/4 of our entire population is fairly silly. :rolleyes:

Still, I am somewhat pleased that you know anything about our history at all. Do to Iceland's small size a good deal of people don't even know we exist nor care.

I said economic disaster. Comparing the banking crisis of today to a volcano that destroyed 1/4 of our entire population is fairly silly. :rolleyes:

Still, I am somewhat pleased that you know anything about our history at all. Do to Iceland's small size a good deal of people don't even know we exist nor care.
Iceland? Does that taste good? :D

Isn't Iceland often given as the example of last "ethnically pure" (don't read racism here) country in Europe? That alone should give you some attention :)

And I also remember Icelandic Honey Week :)
2.jpg

Isn't Iceland often given as the example of last "ethnically pure" (don't read racism here) country in Europe? That alone should give you some attention :)

its linguistically not ethnically that it gets sighted as being pure for, they could read the original manuscript of beowulf and understand most of the words, if anyone could get there hands on it that is.

but can someone tell me how any of this in on topic to convincing the devs to release the countries.txt list?

its linguistically not ethnically

Actually, we are in fact "pure" (its such a ugly word because of the racist implications, please don't get the wrong idea!) ethnically as well as a result of almost a thousand years of isolation from the rest of the world. Almost everyone in the country has at least some blood connection with one another.

And until recently anyone who immigrated was legally required to adopt a Icelandic name if he wanted to live here to make assimilation faster.

And until recently anyone who immigrated was legally required to adopt a Icelandic name if he wanted to live here to make assimilation faster.

Really?

What name would you recommend for me? In order to assimilate faster, I mean.

I dunno, what kind of names do you like?

Tell me, is it always like "Something Someone's-son" or "-daughter", so that you people really have only your first names which are then passed on to the next generations?

Not true. Paradox has opted for an alt history reality in Vicky 2, just as in Vicky 1, where Norway, with its own parliament, army and merchant marine is instead an integral part of Sweden. It should be a satellite. VIP and other mods corrected this.
Neither was Finland's autonomous position simulated in any way.

Tell me, is it always like "Something Someone's-son" or "-daughter", so that you people really have only your first names which are then passed on to the next generations?

Yes, that's how it works. Unless your name has 3 words/names in it and not just 2.

For example, I was named Sveinn Dagur, and my father's first name is Rafn. And thus I was named Sveinn Dagur Rafnsson.

I will admit that it is a fairly complex system that we use here, but that just makes us more special. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.