• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2010
Hello,

I would like to know one thing, which I could not find anywhere. Can anybody write here a list of playable countries in Victoria II? I am especially interested in types of polish states.

Thanks for answers! :cool:

At the start of the campaign you can choose every country that existed in 1836. On top of that, there are numerous countries that can appear during the game, including Poland, which you can then switch to by saving the game and reloading as that country.

It's absolutely impossible to list all countries though, there are just way too many.

And well, Poland was kinda divided between Prussia, Russia and Austria at that time. So most likely you can play as Krakow as you did in Vicki 1.

Of course, with some modding works, you can make yourself your very own Poland to play ;)

I was thinking about countries possible to play in-game, not from the beggining but for example, countries I can set free.

Bohemia, Slovakia, Czechoslovakia and on the other hand... I can see Krakow, probably Poland and? Maybe Great Duchy of Poznan (it was under the prussian rule)?

I was thinking about countries possible to play in-game, not from the beggining but for example, countries I can set free.

Bohemia, Slovakia, Czechoslovakia and on the other hand... I can see Krakow, probably Poland and? Maybe Great Duchy of Poznan (it was under the prussian rule)?

All of those are in the game except of course the Duchy of Poznan it would be urealistic to release it as vassal as it was just a duchy of Prussia. And I'm not sure about Bohemia, i think there is just Czechoslovakia

Maybe Warschau (Warsaw?) would be another realistic polish minor, but
I doubt any other then Cracow and Poland will make it in the vanilla game.
I hope there will be a "new Nations mod" which includes Polish and French
minor nations because I like small bufferstates arround my borders \o/

I wander if Iceland can be set free! During the Victoria 2 timeline Iceland is a protectorate of Denmark, this was also the case in HOI 2 and 3 and in both games Iceland could be set free. Hopefully this is also the case in V2. I would love to edit the files to make Iceland free from the very beginning and if the heavens allow it create some sort of a "Icelandic Sphere" existing of Iceland and Greenland. :D

I wander if Iceland can be set free! During the Victoria 2 timeline Iceland is a protectorate of Denmark, this was also the case in HOI 2 and 3 and in both games Iceland could be set free. Hopefully this is also the case in V2. I would love to edit the files to make Iceland free from the very beginning and if the heavens allow it create some sort of a "Icelandic Sphere" existing of Iceland and Greenland. :D

While I perfectly understand why someone would like to free and play his country, can it be even fun to play Iceland? What is there to do?

Maybe Warschau (Warsaw?) would be another realistic polish minor, but
I doubt any other then Cracow and Poland will make it in the vanilla game.
I hope there will be a "new Nations mod" which includes Polish and French
minor nations because I like small bufferstates arround my borders \o/
A Victoria 2 New Nations mod would be awesome. I can already imagine all sorts of states that would be added.

At least in Vicky 1 all the Baltic states were releaseable. Cant remember wheter Belarus was in or not, Ukraine definitly was.
Belarus was... and it was nice to cut the big bear a little without having
to hold the territory by yourself ;)
Russia is scary big, every possibility (eg. Caucasus region Minors) to cut it will please me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.