Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable countries

Playable countries

Hello,

I would like to know one thing, which I could not find anywhere. Can anybody write here a list of playable countries in Victoria II? I am especially interested in types of polish states.

Thanks for answers!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

At the start of the campaign you can choose every country that existed in 1836. On top of that, there are numerous countries that can appear during the game, including Poland, which you can then switch to by saving the game and reloading as that country.

It's absolutely impossible to list all countries though, there are just way too many.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionHoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

And well, Poland was kinda divided between Prussia, Russia and Austria at that time. So most likely you can play as Krakow as you did in Vicki 1.

Of course, with some modding works, you can make yourself your very own Poland to play
    My latest AARs

Portugal- an Empire Under the Sun: Questing for the new world and taking the old world.

de Hautevilles- Can Anyone Stop the Norman Invasion?: A tale of Normans in Southern Italy. Completed!

I was thinking about countries possible to play in-game, not from the beggining but for example, countries I can set free.

Bohemia, Slovakia, Czechoslovakia and on the other hand... I can see Krakow, probably Poland and? Maybe Great Duchy of Poznan (it was under the prussian rule)?

Tsar of Australiarr HMAS-Nameless's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIIron CrossEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Tomek90 View Post
    I was thinking about countries possible to play in-game, not from the beggining but for example, countries I can set free.

Bohemia, Slovakia, Czechoslovakia and on the other hand... I can see Krakow, probably Poland and? Maybe Great Duchy of Poznan (it was under the prussian rule)?
    All of those are in the game except of course the Duchy of Poznan it would be urealistic to release it as vassal as it was just a duchy of Prussia. And I'm not sure about Bohemia, i think there is just Czechoslovakia
    AARS

GOTT MIT UNS! Rise of the Black Eagle! [DEAD] (Prussia: Victoria 2)

MODS

SEXIICOLOURS 1.3! for Victoria II. Want a better more historic country colour scheme? Sick of Prussia being yellow? isn't Prussian Blue much better:P

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by HMAS-Nameless View Post
    And I'm not sure about Bohemia, i think there is just Czechoslovakia
    Bohemia was in Victoria 1 so it may still be included.
    As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can.
    -Julius Caesar

Color stolen from Ahura Mazda who had stolen it from EUROO7!

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiRome: Vae Victis

This isn't a Total War game... You can play every country that existed in that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketd View Post
    This isn't a Total War game... You can play every country that existed in that era.
    yeah, totally agreed

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by that_sweed View Post
    Bohemia was in Victoria 1 so it may still be included.
    Bohemia also makes more sense for the great majority of the game
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Maybe Warschau (Warsaw?) would be another realistic polish minor, but
    I doubt any other then Cracow and Poland will make it in the vanilla game.
    I hope there will be a "new Nations mod" which includes Polish and French
    minor nations because I like small bufferstates arround my borders \o/

I wander if Iceland can be set free! During the Victoria 2 timeline Iceland is a protectorate of Denmark, this was also the case in HOI 2 and 3 and in both games Iceland could be set free. Hopefully this is also the case in V2. I would love to edit the files to make Iceland free from the very beginning and if the heavens allow it create some sort of a "Icelandic Sphere" existing of Iceland and Greenland.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my "Improved economical policies Mod" for Victoria 2

Second Lieutenant Kaiserschmarrn's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rhion View Post
    It's absolutely impossible to list all countries though, there are just way too many.
    *Tears of Pride*

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore_gamer View Post
    I wander if Iceland can be set free! During the Victoria 2 timeline Iceland is a protectorate of Denmark, this was also the case in HOI 2 and 3 and in both games Iceland could be set free. Hopefully this is also the case in V2. I would love to edit the files to make Iceland free from the very beginning and if the heavens allow it create some sort of a "Icelandic Sphere" existing of Iceland and Greenland.
    While I perfectly understand why someone would like to free and play his country, can it be even fun to play Iceland? What is there to do?
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

Guys, how about Ukraine? Is this country playable in Victoria II or not? Any ideas?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It was in EU3, I don't why it shouldn't be in V2, considering Ukraine was also independent during the Russian Civil War, which is in V2's timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by the_legion View Post
    Maybe Warschau (Warsaw?) would be another realistic polish minor, but
    I doubt any other then Cracow and Poland will make it in the vanilla game.
    I hope there will be a "new Nations mod" which includes Polish and French
    minor nations because I like small bufferstates arround my borders \o/
    A Victoria 2 New Nations mod would be awesome. I can already imagine all sorts of states that would be added.
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”
    (Vyacheslav Molotov, quoted in Molotov Remembers, p. 12.)

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomek90 View Post
    Guys, how about Ukraine? Is this country playable in Victoria II or not? Any ideas?
    It was in Vic1 too.
    Follow the development of Cifrasia Cataclysm! Mod for DH!

Revolutionary Yugoslav Wars mod, check and download version 0.04 here.
    Kaiserreich | Vic2-to-Vic1 Flag Project | True Proportions™

I'm a proud bearer of The Fourth Cookie for Services to Syndicalism
    and The Grand Service to the Kaiserreich Mod Cookie *

Belarus? Lithuania? Tell me these countries are playable in Victoria II also, please If yes, I will take Prussia and set free Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, Romania, Ukraine... freedom!

At least in Vicky 1 all the Baltic states were releaseable. Cant remember wheter Belarus was in or not, Ukraine definitly was.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Zelvik View Post
    At least in Vicky 1 all the Baltic states were releaseable. Cant remember wheter Belarus was in or not, Ukraine definitly was.
    Belarus was... and it was nice to cut the big bear a little without having
    to hold the territory by yourself
    Russia is scary big, every possibility (eg. Caucasus region Minors) to cut it will please me

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast