• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, all done, files sent out and it looks like it's Ludovico's turn, enjoy;)

aar.

I will leave the fate of Austria in your hands, can you take care of it? the mysterious voice asked me.

"ofcourse." I quickly replied. I am most likely better suited. Just look at this, what have you conquered? Nohing, Bah! Stupid AI.
You just annexed Bavaria, shame on you!

Oh well, what can be done? Look, atleast you have raised some troops, congratulations.

AI stood silently and watched. It seemed mighty surprised to learn that one large army instead of one gazillion small ones is better.

"Well! Look at that! Venice declares war."

That war ended with the vassalization of my ally Milan, by Venice.

Then I declared war on the turks. They gave me Krain, Banat and Croatia. Nice folks, those turks.
I could have gotten more if not my treacherous fellow krauts hadn't attacked me. In those wars, no provinces became Austrian, and no Austrian provinces were lost.

"Now AI, I give this back to you, don't screw it up!"

Good luck Ludovico. It looks like Russia and Austria ganged up on you. :( Hey Austria why don't you pick on somebody your own size? :D :D Okay Rob go kick some butt! :mad: :p

Joe

1597-1602

flag_ottomans.txt

I began the year at peace, with decent stability, and only one loan out. A mediocre army was sitting idle.

However, I lacked a diplomat, and that was a few months coming.

The first DoW came on May 1st, and Venice was soon under siege. After heavy siege works were put to use throughout the Republic, Ragusa, Dalmatia, Istria, Adana, and Smyrna eventually came over to the Ottoman Empire. Wallachia and her army were also annexed by the Ottomans.

Not content with this, however, a simultaneous war was waged with the Persian/Mameluke alliance, and with a revolt filled Russia.

The Mameluke war did not go well - the Mamelukes offered up Sinai after an even war, but this was soon given to Persia, along with Quattara. Still, it is hoped that this fracturing of the two countries will have long term advantages for the Ottomans, who cannot seem to break the mighty Mamelukes.

The Russian war fared better, with Kastamanou and Sivas falling, and Astrakhan being the final province to fall. Kastamanou and Sivas were quickly gained in peace.

While this war waged, Austria declared war on our ally Sieberburgen. We came to the aid of our ally, but only now have the armies in Venice become free. Austria is in three seperate wars, so the Ottomans have the decided advantage, lest Spain enter the fray. Venetian maps tell us that almost all of the Americas are painted yellow with the Spanish flag, which is a sad fact indeed.

A four front war, yet the Ottomans can claim a tentative victory. The Turk still has some fight in her left...

Way to go Rob. You're right there's still some fight in the Turks. ;) Sad to hear how much Spain has grown in America but it's no surprise.:( Still well done! :cool:

Joe

Sounds like you got the Turks back on their feet anyway!!

Just to let you all know, I'll be going into hospital for an operation on my shoulder in just over a weeks time, just got the date today so I'll probably need one of you to run Russia's turns for me for a little while depend how long the game goes and how restricted I am after the op :-(

Still hopefully I'll have a chance for one more turn before then and I'll be in touch once I've had the op as well.

Originally posted by Wyvern
Sounds like you got the Turks back on their feet anyway!!

Just to let you all know, I'll be going into hospital for an operation on my shoulder in just over a weeks time, just got the date today so I'll probably need one of you to run Russia's turns for me for a little while depend how long the game goes and how restricted I am after the op :-(

Still hopefully I'll have a chance for one more turn before then and I'll be in touch once I've had the op as well.

Good luck with your operation. Just pick one of your playing partners and they can play your turn.

Joe

Spain 1602-06

Spain 1602

the populace was unhappy….very unhappy with the constant warfare and the corrupt administration…the very stability of our state was low…Nevertheless our armies and fleets are mighty with excellent leadership and without pause we started planning for the upcoming campaign…ordering the construction of 25 galleys in our royal shipyards in Andalusia!

Finally on August 1602 we are ready..or attheleast we have a diplomat so we can DoW France!

…somewhere in between I make separate peace with Helvetia gaining Schwyz and Lombardy.

1603 war on Mecklemburg & Sicily!

May 1604 Spain join an alliance with the Mamelukes and Persia…Spain DoWed the Ottoman calling allies…only the mamelukes responded!

May 1605: Spain made peace with france gaining the five Iberian cbprovinces 5 provinces +2 colonial cities.

the Dakota was annexed…sometime too….

April 1606: Rumelia, Dabruja, Smyrna, Macedonia, Anatolia, Hellas, Apulia and Anatolia to Spain from Turkey for peace!

I end the turn with a major army and new extended possessions! not entirely bad….during the turn Russia due to the Time of Troubles were schredding provinces left and right…with 2 or 3 defecting to the ottoman.

total# of provinces gained this turn...hmmm let me see ohh yes 17!...plus four from the dakota for a total of 21! :D

My Powerfull Spanish Empire January 1607:
Europe
North America
South America

Last edited:
Re: Spain 1602-06

Originally posted by boehm
Spain 1602

total# of provinces gained this turn...hmmm let me see ohh yes 17!...plus four from the dakota for a total of 21! :D

OUCH! :D

Joe

Originally posted by natt och dag
what are they going to do with your shoulder? Nothing life threatening i hope;)

Just let us know who you would like to fill in for you,
and good luck.

Nope not life threatening :) I've basically got three lumps of bone that are growing where they shouldn't and one in particular is jarring against the nerve and hence causing me a lot of pain so they're going to cut them out!! It is a tricky op though as the worst one is directly under the main shoulder muscle and could therefore potentially be damaged :(.

good luck with your operation Wyvern....and a quick and easy recovery too...:)

Edit: ohh yeah and I just got my screenshots online via care2...so they work now!

Last edited:
*sigh*

I can't hurt Spain..... - I was clinging to the hope that Mabye if I had a 100% victory against it every round, I could wear it down by pushing into the manpower provinces, but I think it's become obvious that's not working. :(

The CB halves the value of the provinces or something doesn't it? Ah well....

Guys, I'm willing to play on if u like, but.... Ludovico & Storey, could you please send me a few ideas about how to continue? My "Hit Spainish Manpower" trick didn't work! :D

The Ottomans are very unsure of what do other than throw in the proverbial towel. If Spain can hit both of us every turn, and Russia is pounding me as well, the Ottomans are out, Austria has a free hand, and Sweden has a strong Russia on her. France can possibly stay even.

I have noticed that PBEMs place an extra importance on conquering the New World pagans - if anyone is interested, I suggest in any possible future new game editing out all the pagan nations in the New World, so the players have to colonize it. This will give the Ais a leg up on colonizing (since they suck at defeating pagans), and it will slow down the inevitable imbalance that comes from new world dominations. Spain should face her inflation problems relatively soon after she gets the new world cash flowing - but as it is now she is a powerhouse.

Anyways Gezeder, I have no good suggestions. Hit both Spain and Austria is the best I can come up with :D

Last edited:
Hmmm, you could even put in lots and lots of aggressive natives instead of the nations - so you still need to invade those provinces -

But you don't end up with a nice big citie for your trouble - (Which is a bit more historical)

Regarding towel throwing....

I think I support that option - Everyone played a good game but in the end, the forces of EVIL! proved the victor -

Boehm, you played a great game, annexing most of the world! I'm only sad it was supposed to be my job to defeat you....

Everyone played well though IMO - great game.
(Ah, if everyone is REAL keen on continuing, I can soldier on - though I'm not sure what I can do!)

Gezeder

Spains income must be huge, I imagine this lets Boehm buy each and every mercenary army available throughout his 5 year reign and hence he can easily hit both France and the Ottomans plus others every turn and I'd expect fight both simultaneously and obviously have time for other wars too :).

Unless France can hit both Spain and Austria each turn I see no hope for the Ottomans surviving long term. My strategy with Russia has been quite simple, hold Sweden on my northern border and let the Russian winter stop him making any major advances whilst consentrating at dismembering the Ottomans :D Looks like it's working!!

I do see Russia is currently suffering from a horrible +11 event revolt risk though and a few provinces are declaring independence :( but nothing we cann't handle I'm sure.

If our opponents are surrendering :( then thanks for a great game. And well played Boehm and natt och dag!