• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh my. I'm very glad to see that I just gave away money, not provinces. I still wonder how the AI managed to mismanage the turkish war so greatly, after all. I was out ahead when I left it.
Oh well.

And I must say that this is beginning to get more and more interesting for every turn.

Originally posted by Gezeder

Since then it's been a real hard slog into Iberia for me, and unfortunatly Ludovice has been hampered by some really poor Ottoman AI (Starting out with loans & low stability makes things hard!)

Still, it's not over till it's over!

Gezeder

its my impression that it has not been a 100% success to go for Austria instead of the Mamelukes when Ludovico had his great leader....there in the 1520s....also I guess we were lucky that the mamelukes actually had a good start starting off by grabbing a few provinces from "somelandwhosenameIcantremember"

Originally posted by natt och dag
Oh my. I'm very glad to see that I just gave away money, not provinces. I still wonder how the AI managed to mismanage the turkish war so greatly, after all. I was out ahead when I left it.
Oh well.

And I must say that this is beginning to get more and more interesting for every turn.

I'm beginning to think leaving the ai in any sort of war at the end of your turn is a very bad idea whatever the war score. I saw russia had something like a +10% war exhaustion after your turn because I had them start that war against Lithuania and I guess they were at war ever since.

Originally posted by Wyvern
Russia loses to Venice!! :( now it's time for my revenge, Mwaaahhhha :D

Venice kicked Russia's butt big time. :D I don't know what those guys had for breakfast but I want some of it. They caused me problems because they had gotten control of a province from Russia that I wanted. Luckily they reached a peace agreement and I had enough time to capture that province. I found it very interesting that the Russia AI gave away those provinces that is had captured from the Ottomans to Venice. It would have been a smart move for a human player and here the AI does it. :eek: :p It made Rob's job a little harder if he wants to hurt Russia.

Joe

Originally posted by Prince Eugene
Keep this up.:cool: (I've been rooting for the Ottoman-French-Swedish alliance since I saw that screenie with Austria massacred.)

Unfortunately they managed to weather the storm and are coming back at us but the good guys (France, Sweden and Ottomans) are hanging in there and still trying. ;)

Joe

Originally posted by boehm

its my impression that it has not been a 100% success to go for Austria instead of the Mamelukes when Ludovico had his great leader....there in the 1520s....also I guess we were lucky that the mamelukes actually had a good start starting off by grabbing a few provinces from "somelandwhosenameIcantremember"

The problem was that I actually did go after the Mamelukes as soon as I could - Austria I could go at without losing men, so my initial years were used to build up a large army, and the latter years of my turn were used on the Mamelukes.

When I invaded, the Mamelukes ended up having roughly 90, 000 men, and my turn was spent killing their armies, and having about 6 provinces, including Egypt and Alexandria, fall. I had about 70-80% peace, but only managed to get two very bad provinces out of the deal (the mamelukes reversed all my provinces after I left). Not only that, but the AI warred for at least another 6 or 7 years to accomplish this horrid feat, meaning she was losing all her resources in a drawn out war to a country that I had basically demolished. I have no idea how this happened, other than the standard, "just poor AI."

SouthEasternEurope.txt

WesternEurope1582.txt

NortheasternEurope.txt

Last edited:
Russia 1582 to 1587

The good guys carry on pushing back the early successes of the Ottoman/Swedish/French horde as the Russia bear continues to roar! :D

Again we find a nice peaceful Russia minus a few provinces to Sweden and Poland from last turn but with no diplomats, so waiting until March we ready our armies and declare war again on the Ottomans. The Ottomans are already in a war versus the Mameluks and Persia, and have conquered 2 or 3 provinces off them so far, well they ain't going to keep them!! Now just how weak can we make the Ottomans I wonder?

With no CB for the dow and war taxes we're down to zero stability but what the heck, Ottoman provinces start falling much sooner this time and we soon have much of the east under our control and Persia and the Mamelukes have reversed their loses. We also declare war on the Nogai for a quick stability point gain, unfortunately we then realise their tech is as good as ours and storming their fortress isn't an option so what I thought would be a 2 month war turns out to be more like a 2 year siege :( We do eventually dow Sibir and that proceeds much more as expected!

By August 1584 the Ottomans offer up 2 TP's plus Sivas, Kurdistan, Angora, Kastamonu and Armenia which we accept, leaving us time for another war elsewhere.

In January 85 we declare war on Poland who are allied with Sweden and England. I don't have the manpower to overwhelm Sweden in the 2 years that are left so concentrate on getting a good war score and provinces off the Polish instead. It goes down to the wire but in early December 86 we get Welika, Lugansk, Donetsk, Belgorod and Mozyr. We also annex the one province minor of Pskov and Russia is once again at peace.

Azov declared independence as Crimea from Poland, I was hoping they'd defect to Russia but it was not to be. Didn't notice anything special happen to anyone else.

Now I believe it's Swedens turn again.

Nicely done Wyvern. So Poland somehow joined England and Sweden? Damn I could have used them during my last turn. :( Your right the Russian bear is awake at last. :eek: Lets hope he eats so much his belly bursts! :p Now lets see what mischief I can get into.:rolleyes:

Joe

Originally posted by natt och dag
goodie wyvern! any screens?

let's crush those pig-dogs

Hey I heard that. :mad: ;) The good guys aren't done yet! Your lucky that I can't get at Austria or I'd, I'd well I'd do something mighty terrible with all of my 5,000 man army. ;)

Joe

Sweden 1587-1592

I start out with a –2 stability. How that happened in five years must be related to one or more events. I’m in a new alliance, which includes Saxony, Wurzburg, Mecklenburg and Sicily. Not the strongest but I’ll see if I can use it. I have a peace agreement with Russia so they will live to see another day. So if I can’t pick on Russia I figure it’s time to settle my unfinished business with Denmark.

April 1587 Sweden declares war against Denmark. Wallachia, the Knights and Venice join Denmark. Saxony, Wurzburg, Mecklenburg and Sicily join Sweden.

May 1587 Spain is now the sole defender of the Counter-Reform Catholics faith. Must be nice to have money to burn.
Wallachia pays 127 ducats and gives up military access to the Ottomans for peace.

June and the Navaho give up military access, pay 4 ducats and change religion for peace with Spain. Spain then declares war against Benin.

November finds the Kongo paying France 55 ducats for peace. Why the hell is France so fixated of the Kongo?

December has France declare war against Dakota and in the same month annexing Strassburg.

1588 brings a Status Quo peace between Sweden and Wallachia and the following month with the Knights.

Denmark’s main army is besieging Mecklenburg, which is leaving me free to besiege any of Denmark’s provinces. They are falling one by one.

August 1589 and Poland declares war on Courland. Austria, Munster and Milan join Courland. France and Scotland joined Poland.

September has England declare war against Scotland. France joined Scotland.

November starts with the Ottoman Empire declaring war against the Mameluks. Algiers, Aden and Siebenburgen join the Ottomans while Persia joins the Mameluks.

And Denmark’s provinces continue to fall one by one.

March 1590 starts with Benin paying Spain 50 ducats for peace.

In April Austria declares war against Hungary. One year later…

April 1591 Austria annexes Hungary.

I’m starting to get a little nervous since Denmark won’t give me what I want in a peace agreement but I’m besieging their capital and its almost mine!

June and Dakota pay France 120 ducats for peace.

August arrives and finally I capture Denmark’s capital but Denmark refuses my peace offer but in the same month Denmark gives Sweden the following provinces. Ostlandet, Bergenshus, Trondelag, Finnmark, Narvik, Jamtland and Gotland. I really didn’t want Gotland because it seems that the AI likes putting a lot of troops there and leaving them to rot.

It appears that the Swedish bear has awakened! :D :cool: :D They do have bears in Sweden don't they? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Storey
Sweden 1587-1592

Wallachia pays 127 ducats and gives up military access to the Ottomans for peace.

Hiss... I did have them under my control, different religion, and a CB shield province. How can the AI pass that annexation up? Ah well...

Ah! Just realized. How the hell did my AI give up Alexandria to PERSIA! Argh. They have level 6 tech, and I have 14! And I have 200, 000 men under arms!

Anyways, good work Storey, hopefully I can now rebuild the Ottomans...

Austria is up first though.

Last edited:
How the hell did my AI give up Alexandria to PERSIA! Argh. They have level 6 tech, and I have 14! And I have 200, 000 men under arms!

do not underestimate the powers of shiite:)

there is a large possibility that I won't be able to play until monday (saturday night now) because of mom's birthday (loads of relatives etc) and work on sunday. Just so you know