• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Russian turn done. Only have time for a brief summary of the turn this time.

Russia 1542 - 1547

Found myself in a war with Ryazan who we quickly overran and vassalised taking Saratow after less than 6 months.

Attacked Sweden at the end of the year which perhaps wasn't the best of moves as it was a long long war and pretty much stopped me doing much else, still the Swedes had taken a few provinces off me during their last turn and I couldn't afford them marching on Moscow.

I did also attack Astrakhan a year or so later easily over-running them and taking Kalmuk and Orenburg for peace and linking my southern enclave somewhat. Would have loved to attack the Turks but got hit by unhappy peasants just as I was considering it, so being at 0 stability I couldn't face another -2 for the dow so consentrated just on Sweden. That war went right down to the wire and I ended up having to settle for Osterbotten, Kexholm and Ingermanland in December 1546 with every chance that Olonets which is cut off now from Sweden will revolt and join us later assuming the Russian winter doesn't kill any rebels :D.

Ottoman Empire, 1547-1552

I began the turn hopelessly in dept, at war with Persia, suffering war exhaustion, and with average stability.

Russia would declare war the first week into 1547. Rather than go after my other plans, I decided to do what I could with Russia - and I managed to get three provinces. This allowed my Crimean provinces a land bridge through Georgia, which I hold to be crucial. I also no longer touch Russia. Before I could make peace, however, Austria had declared war on me. My war exhaustion continued to climb, and any grand ambitions I had on my turn were quickly dashed. I bought peace with Austria, but only after letting loose the sitting duck Salzburg to Bohemia.

Peace attained, I declared war on the Mamelukes, only to find two 50, 000 men armies in their territories. After a long war, I was able to grab Syria, Kirkuk, and Alexandria, three key territories, which will hopefully make the Mamelukes an easier target next time around. My pick up of Alexandria resulted in a conflict with Veneto, and I quickly dowed them. When my ally Ak Koyunlu dishonoured our alliance, I also dowed her, and took a couple provinces. I continued to war with Venice at the end of my turn, although my armies are much too strong for the merchant power. I hope for a decent peace.

Finally, a number of bad events, including the pesky meteor siting, meant I left the turn with rather bad stability. However, my religious troubles are beginning to clear up, and the my manpower has proved rather adept at handling any revolt troubles.

But the interesting news comes from Spain, Austria, and Russia. Spain suffered horrid stability, and is in a prolonged war with the Austrian alliance. Her and her ally England are also at war with Russia. I imagine she will quickly gain peace, but Austria and Bohemia hold Marche and Lombardia. Spain's stability has slightly climbed to almost neutral. France, meanwhile, looks confident. God bless the heathen.

Spain 1552-1556

January 1552, I return to find that my puppet prince King Carlos I has gone completely mad. In a fit over Austria and Russias refusal to acknowledge Spain as the leader of our holy alliance and thus also the god appointed protector of all the world his majesty ordered an attack on both Austria and Russia…..MADNESS at the very least he could have attacked one of them at a time, preferable after having dealt with the pesky French and the smelly Ottomans!…Additionally, this madness on behalf of the king had spawned numerous rebellions, and widespread piracy (now Ludovico u wouldn’t know anything about that would u?) and the whole Empire could hardly be called stable and quiet (stability –1) so the first order of business was to have army in Finland and the Netherlands brought home and the wars ended.

Finally on January 13th I am able to wrap up the first war when Spain accept a WP with Munster. On the first of February Spain accept peace with Russia paying 50d and peace with Austria accepting 66d. Spain is now at peace! :D

June `52 we DoW Benin…August `52 we DoW Naples and Dpchange +1 quality….
October `52, we got a nice gift to the state of 200d.

January `53 we finally capture Tago…
Finally in May we are able to annex Naples and thus get back up to –2 stability allowing us to DoW Genoa!

September `54 After a long siege full of hardship we break mighty walls of Genoa with our 60 guns and force them to submit to become just one more city of the empire!
October `54 tuscany is annexed…In December the Papal States submit to our supremecy and cede us the provinces of Marche and Apulia!

February `55 we DoW the ottomans
July `55 we can finally annex Benin!…we immediately DoW Marocco! (to burn a TP which is in the way).
December we DoW Ashanti and Dahomey…Dahomey is allied with France+ …Dahomey is annexed and WP reached with Marocco,….and just as I thought that I was going to annex the knights but noo…( stupid me…I had overlooked Malta and didn’t notice it until having made peace out of dispair of not understanding what was a matter with the stupid knights refusing my peacefull annex proposal) & a bit later annexed Ashanti. DoW´ed.

September `56 abdication of charles…I got the Netherlands!
October Corsica declared its independence…rats…and an ottoman province defected to Persia. …same month Peace with Songhai we get the gold province of Bure….

Dammit and then things truly fucked up…for once I am punished for trying to do too much….I am unable to end the war with the ottomans on time…

It is currently Wyvern's turn. Wyvern, it seems as though you are not getting the savegames. Is this true? I am done my turn... but I am getting a server message.

If anyone has time, a screenshot for Round 2 would be great.

---------------------------

Ottoman Empire, 1557 - 1562

flag_ottomans.txt

Not much happened other than the continued war with Spain, which went the entire 5 years. Austria also declared war, as did Venice. I had horrendous revolts, was on the verge of collapse, and had close to a -99% percent score to begin with. Bad events did not help the matters, nor did Spain's "overly generous" peace proposals.

I put down the rebels as quick as possible, including the new revolts every month, tried to reverse Spain's accomplishments, and tried to fight off Austria and Venice at the same time. Venice was bought off with what they know best, cash money.

Spain also had destroyed my navy, so from zero ships I had to raise it, till I left the Ottomans with a decent navy of 57 ships. In the end I ran out of time in Italy, and thus only grabbed Apulia off Spain. I also lost Pest to Austria, and Bujak to defection (Lithuania). Considering the number of revolts and wars, only losing Bujak and Pest was likely a small victory. I also was able to win a number of naval battles against the warship heavy Spanish, which may help my ally France.

Austria and Spain are now allied, and Bohemia has been inherited by Austria. France inherited Savoy, which had controlled Genoa on my last turn (1547-1552), but did not annex it unfortunately. This gives France a two province presence south of the river Po (Emilia and Siena), and also gives them Savoie, Piedmonte, and Franche Comte, which I believe Savoy was holding. The French-Spanish rivarly continues to build, although Spain propping up the now renewed Austrians has bought France a free strike.

Last edited:
Russia 1562 - 1567

Russian turn done and what a turn it was. We began at peace with a sizable army and near comparable tech to our major neighbours which was nice after the last turn when I was about 4 tech levels behind.

We began with a quick dow on Astrakhan bringing us into war with most of the eastern Mongol hordes, stormed Astrakhan and annexed in a seperate peace. Dow'd Golden horde and annex their one province immediately. Infantry forces go east storming the weak hordes (Nogai, Sibir, Uzbek Kaganate) whilst in July 62 we start our big push to help Austria and invade the Ottomans.

By the end of '63 Sibir and the Nogai are reduced to rump states whilst much of eastern Turkey is under siege. Noticing sieges aren't going quickly enough we raise artillery and the provinces quickly start falling. First major offers for peace from the Ottomans come in '65 but we have our eye set on Thrace and the Ottoman maps, and of course a 99% war score :D. This is achieved in May '66. We hunt down one of the Ottoman leaders for a couple of months then they make us an offer we cann't refuse, 3 colonies plus Georgia, Kerch, Kaffa, Sochi, Dagestan, Trabizon, Adan and Anatolia. The last two are cut off so not ideal but I couldn't turn that down! :D. During the war I left Kalmuk and Kouban (Ottoman provinces) in rebel hands, Kouban defected to Lithuania and Kalmuk to ourselves. All in all a very useful turn. I ended by building up a few more forces and dowing Lithuania. We'll have to see how the AI handles that one. Uzbeks were of course also reduced to a rump sometime during the Ottoman war. The Russian Bear has finally awoken!!

Nice going Russia! :D I guess I should start looking over my shoulder to see how fast Russia is catching up to Spain in the quest for world domination!....just looked at the file...just dammed that I didnt release the dutch as a vassal when I had the chance!

boehm

France 1567-1572

cool_royal_flag.txt

I write this report with a heavy heart indeed. These last five years 10's of thousands of French soldiers fall to these Spanish Muskets. If only we had the money to equip or soldiers so!

Beginning 1567 at war with Poland and some lessers in the east, we quickly end our war and invade our true opponents - The Iberians in the south. However, once again, we underestimate their tenacity.

Despite being outnumbered in 5 battles from 6, the Spanish forces are seldom routed and soon a hefty points deficit in our war begins to tally. Time and time again we invade iberia proper only to be rebuffed. The siege of Genoa was lifted no less than 10 times, each a major defeat of French forces.

However, despite these victories, French troops soldiered on. More than 50 thousend men were raised each year, eventually burying the Spainiards under wieght of numbers.

By 1571 the war had turned around, and stubborn Felipe II was declining our increasingly genourous peace deals.

Again and again we were offered most of South America and the Carribean as compensation, Felipe grinning evily as he planned to take it back under that infernal treaty perhaps?

Eventually, after much debate, we offer the Treaty of 1572 - accepting Cantabria, Aragon, and Cataloni in return for peace.

"The peace of 1572 leaves us in a better position than many realise. While only a small portion of Iberia itself was taken, a pittance compared to such a gigantic empire, many Spanish troops were recruited there. We estimate somewhere in the region of 7-8 Manpower."

- Charles IX, Ruler of France, January 1st 1572

Gezeder

Last edited:
Maximilian wondered what he had done to anger the folks over in Wurtemburg. No, what the people in the former-state-of-Wurtemburg had against him, or his loyal Austrian subjects. They had just declared war on him, just like that, how rude!
After a successful siege of Tirol, the Wurtemburgian army was slaughtered.
While Maximilian's relative, Franz-Josef, was pounding at the gates of Wurtemburg, Wurtemburg's best and brightest were hiding in Tirol.

Yes! Maximilian thought to himself, it was the war against Würzberg and Saxony that had angered them.
Maximilian had claimed Sudeten and Silesia for himself.
All was well within the Roman Empire. It was the outside that was the threat, the Turks. Now they were nasty folks.

Maximilian, however, did not need to wage war on them.
He died, and his son Rudolf took over. Rudolf was impopular, so the Polish king was elected Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, instead of Rudolf. Odd, considering that Poland is not a part of the Empire...

Anyway, with Rudolf the impopular on the Austrian throne, the Turks attacked. Krain quickly fell to Franz-Josef's armies.
Then he had to retreat into Austria, the hounds of Muhammed were quite many...

In other news, Tuscany and Sicily declared that they no longer felt like beloning to Spain. France, Sweden and Russia kept mostly quiet.

Last edited:
My god, the revolts in Spain are Crazy! :eek:

I knew Spain would have a few revolts from rejecting all my more than reasonable treaties.... But I didn't expect this!

Gezeder

Sweden 1577-1582

I start out in a war against Denmark and its allies with England allied and fighting with me. I have to decide if I want to spend resources against Denmark or Russia and I decide to take the chance and ignore Denmark. Russia is already at war with Denmark. The knights and Venice.

I start building up for the coming war and Denmark helps by agreeing to take 18 ducats for peace.

Meanwhile Tuscany pays Spain 8 ducats and military access for peace.

The Kongo gives France 75 ducats for peace. France turns right around and declares war against Dakota.

In December Sweden declares war against Russia. England joins Sweden and Russia is alone. And so the war begins.

March 1578 and Helvetia declares war on Austria. France, Eire, Strassburg and Papal States join Helvetia. Munster and Bavaria join Austria.

August rolls in and Baden declares war against Austria. Portugal, Holstein, Tuscany and Ukraine join Baden. Munster, Milan and Bavaria join Austria.

December finds Persia declaring war on the Ottomans. Mameluks join Persia while Siebenrergen and Algiers join the Ottomans.

February 1579 and Milan pays France 13 ducats for peace.

August finds Russia paying Denmark 475 ducats for peace.

By April 1580 Russia gives Venice Dakar, Anatolia and Adana for peace.

June and the Ottomans pay Milan 38 ducats for peace.

October has a white peace between France and Dakota.

In December Sweden agrees to take Ingermanland and osterbotten from Russia for peace. It’s a separate peace so England is still fighting Russia.

January 1581 and Spain and Navaho sign a white peace.

Austria pays France 49 ducats for peace. France declares war on Shawnee.

March finds Russia paying England 50 ducats for peace.

May has Saxony declaring war on Austria. Wurzburg, Mecklenburg, Sicily join Saxony. Munster, Milan, Bavaria join Austria.

July and Austria pays Baden 200 ducats for peace.

October has Austria paying the Ottomans 275 ducats for peace.

November has Russia paying the Knights 200 ducats for peace.

January 1582 and its Russia's turn.

Arrrggghh!! What the hells going on with this game?

First there's no revolts in the ROTW, then,

Spain's government collapsed, but it keeps all it's revolters? Aren't they all supposed to leave when that happens?

Gezeder

Thanks Prince Eugene,

Things went great for us at the start when Austria got hurt bad at the start,

Unfortunatly, I underestimated the ease of conquoring natives early in the game (Never played a Major like France before...) - so in turn 2, well.....

Let's just say Boehm turned the world map yellow!

Since then it's been a real hard slog into Iberia for me, and unfortunatly Ludovice has been hampered by some really poor Ottoman AI (Starting out with loans & low stability makes things hard!)

Still, it's not over till it's over!

Gezeder

Ah, I've just been told revolters only break away when the correct provinces are held, didn't know that...

Boy is my face red! :(

Ah well, I'll just have to keep breaking Spain until we get lucky! :D