• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(169228)

Back from the dead
4 Badges
Sep 26, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
The Kaiserreich team works hard to test all new events as good as we can. However, due to the sheer size of the mod a bug or two can easily slip under the radar. Please assist us in improving Kaiserreich even further by reporting the bugs you find while playing here.

Note that this thread is meant to report actual errors from our part when coding the events, not to start a discussion on the historical choices we made. There is another thread for that.

I play with Russia and I have chosen the option to coup Ukraine in the event "Ukraine has left Mittleeuropa". The coup was unsuccessful and I got cores. The bug is that I didn't get cores on Ukrainian border provinces from Kursk to Rostov (RUS gets cores on whole UKR from revolt.txt, but in KR it's bigger in the east).

I play with Russia and I have chosen the option to coup Ukraine in the event "Ukraine has left Mittleeuropa". The coup was unsuccessful and I got cores. The bug is that I didn't get cores on Ukrainian border provinces from Kursk to Rostov (RUS gets cores on whole UKR from revolt.txt, but in KR it's bigger in the east).

This issue has already been fixed, in the forthcoming Beta 5 of v1.2. :)

yeah i had that one too, one of the problems on mine is that sov russia has no leaders for the land units :p and the AI for fentng republic and transuria or whatever its called doesnt work.

yeah i had that one too, one of the problems on mine is that sov russia has no leaders for the land units :p and the AI for fentng republic and transuria or whatever its called doesnt work.

Strange, the Soviets have a full list of leaders. My guess is the game didn't load the list right. Have you tried reloading?

As for the ai, there where some problems we have tried to solve.

Had a playthrough with Russia and two curious things happened:

First of all, I chose Markov as military leader. Yet syndie Chuikov became chief of staff instead of Markov.

Secondly, I chose to let czar Kyril return as constitutional monarch. Yet during the 1937 elections all options replaced him with 'The Senate'.

I did reload the game and the same thing happened and in a diffrent game I also chose markov and got chuikov as well, im assuming the event has the IDs mixed up or something. After having checked the Sovet Russia that comes about peacefully has no military leaders what so ever, however the one that revolts from russia has got the correct leaders strangely enough.

Last edited:
Two more bugs:

Bulgaria has an event where the king has to choose between supporting his father or his prime minister. If the king chooses to support his father an event fires where the prime minister may resign. However even if the king supports the PM, the event still fires.
Checked the code and noticed choosing to support the PM should sleep the event where he resignes. However, the eventcode for this event is wrong.

Secondly, the event where Russia parleys with Germany over Don-Kuban doesn't display the text.

I saw the following messages when playing as Germany:

Qing Empire went with Demand just Shanghai and some loyalty in The Legation Cities
Legation Cities went with It's the best we can get in Qing Demands
Qinq had Legation Cities accept
Qing Empire annexed Legation Cities

Haven't seen the text myself, but the names of the events seem to indicate that an annexation wasn't supposed to happen. Using the fifth beta for 1.2.

Another one with almost the same circumstances. In 1938 I get the event that asks me how to arbitrate the Qing vs AOG situation. I went for backing the Qing in exchange for a full alliance. A few days later I see they've demanded Macao from Portugal, and suddenly I get an event titled "Reworking our CHina policy" (sic) with the choices "The AOG should go back to the Qing" and "Retain the Status Quo".

Seemed kinda superfluous, as there was no AOG anymore. :)

Playing as Germany, chose the "Sigismund is clearly a traitor, prepare for punitive action!" option when the roal massacre occured in Belarus. I waited for over a year, but the event to actually start fighting never triggered. Wasn't too hard to trigger manually, but this is clearly not working as designed.

Also, the partitioning choice only gave cores to Lithuania, Ukraine, and the Duchy. I was also allied with (Austrian puppet) Poland, and them getting a few provinces would've made the map look a whole lot better. Should suggestions like this go into a different thread btw?

I has this today:

Fengtien joined qing (at war with the zengtia... shianqito..., the orange country left of them) , japan declared war on qing, moved up trough manchuria, landed one province above shangai and moved up to the north. when japan conquered whole manchuria and area up to huang-ho river they where supposed to change to another AI, but there cames an error: can open japan (some other things) Ai, i just ignored it and was able to play again but i think that that problem has to be solved, i dont know what that ai does.

I has this today:

Fengtien joined qing (at war with the zengtia... shianqito..., the orange country left of them) , japan declared war on qing, moved up trough manchuria, landed one province above shangai and moved up to the north. when japan conquered whole manchuria and area up to huang-ho river they where supposed to change to another AI, but there cames an error: can open japan (some other things) Ai, i just ignored it and was able to play again but i think that that problem has to be solved, i dont know what that ai does.

What beta was this with?

I don't know if this is a bug or not but, when I declare war on Germany and beat the crap out of 'em they annex Mittle Afrika and continue the war, now the problem is their Army is not Suited for Jungle Warefare as in All of Mittle Afrika is Jungle-ish.

Now I am asking is it possible if you could make 3 more tech trees like Arctic Warefare

Jungle Warefare

Desert Warefare

Urban Warefare, urban counts also for mountains and hills combat.

Now after the Annexation of Mittle Afrika when Germany flees from Europe they should get a blue print for the Jungle and Desert Warefare or else it would be a complete mess.

i played the game as usa and had a blast but at one moment i was at war together with cananda carabean fed and nat france and russia against Germany, ottoman empire and there puppets. germany beated russia i guess and bitter peace fired off and i as usa had peace with the germans too, while i was just about to enter germany with my invasion, i lost all my hard fought ground and i ended the game. :(

I have quiestion about soviet Russia. I play as commune of France (beta 7) and in 1936 north part of Russia became as soviet Russia. And it didnt' declare war on Russia. Is this a bug, or civil war will be later? It is strange to see Russia and "small soviet Russia'' in peace with each other

if russia has much dussent and is not demoncratic the soviets will declare idependence. a war is not needed.