• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(127999)

Captain
3 Badges
Dec 6, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
So I've had Mount and Blade (not Warband) for quite some time now. There has arisen a problem that infuriates me to no end.

Whenever I've done something that requires many clicks (a siege, for example, or a character level up), Mount and Blade kicks me off the game and asks me if I want to send a error report to Microsoft.

It doesn't happen any other time besides leveling up my companions and sieges/battles with lots and lots of clicking.

Now, I know that Paradox games can be buggy, but this is ridiculous. So why is it happening, and what do I do about it?

Ah, whoops. I didn't see the Tech Support M&B forum when I made this thread. Mods, could you move it there, and if possible, answer my question?

EDIT: And it happened AGAIN! This time as I was recruiting prisoners that my enemy had captured. For some reason, it blacks out and kicks me off the game after I hire more then a few soldiers.

Last edited:
Ah, whoops. I didn't see the Tech Support M&B forum when I made this thread. Mods, could you move it there, and if possible, answer my question?

EDIT: And it happened AGAIN! This time as I was recruiting prisoners that my enemy had captured. For some reason, it blacks out and kicks me off the game after I hire more then a few soldiers.

Never had that problem with M&B. Have you updated the game to the newest version? If so it might be good to check the developers forum for a similar bug, or post it as a new bug: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,6.0.html

Never had that problem with M&B. Have you updated the game to the newest version? If so it might be good to check the developers forum for a similar bug, or post it as a new bug: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,6.0.html

Well, I don't have Warband, so I don't think I can get the newest patch. I'll check Talesworld, but I'm thinking it's more likely that Native Expansion (the mod I'm using) is just bugged in some way.

Well, I don't have Warband, so I don't think I can get the newest patch. I'll check Talesworld, but I'm thinking it's more likely that Native Expansion (the mod I'm using) is just bugged in some way.

Well if you are running a mod you can't expect to find a solution in talewords bug-forum, but you have to check "Native Expansions" own subforum (if they have one). Excellent mod by the way.
As for patches I'm reffering to the 1.1 patch to the original game: http://www.taleworlds.com/main.aspx - download

Good news, the game didn't kick me off again; I just had to refrain from hiring any prisoners after the large siege.

I'm a bit miffed, because that group had a lot of experienced prisoners, but it's fine.

I've almost completely crushed the Swadians, and are about to replace them with my rebel faction. :D