• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

collum

Second Lieutenant
38 Badges
Dec 13, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Okay, it isn't me who's asking the question in the topic title. :p

I just wanted to share with you all here, for entertainment and nothing else really, the closing remark and preceding words that the staff at Gamesradar wrote in their seemingly collective perception of Ship Simulator Extremes in one of their articles.

The article's here (Ship Simulator Extremes is in the last part of the article) --> http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-2010...now-friday-edition/a-20100618173140361058/p-2

Personally, I don't know if they're really serious or not. :rofl:

Comments are worth a look... sort of.. :wacko:

Cheers

Score: Trust us - it doesn’t matter

:rofl:

To be frank, i never paid that much attention to reviews. They are always biased.

First line of the article says it all: "We didn’t actually play this one. We didn’t even see it."

'nuff said. Just some "journalist" trying to be funny & score some points with the "hood" without any fact checking.
Wouldn't pay too much attention to it. "Why does this article exist" would have been more a more appropriate title. ;)

First line of the article says it all: "We didn’t actually play this one. We didn’t even see it."

'nuff said. Just some "journalist" trying to be funny & score some points with the "hood" without any fact checking.
Wouldn't pay too much attention to it. "Why does this article exist" would have been more a more appropriate title. ;)

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-2010-...3140361058/p-2

Think I'm gonna do a review of gamesradar.com, I never really visited the site but I think it's crap :p

I'd say it exists for people like this-

"Ever wondered how it would feel to sail a half a million ton Supertanker through the perfect storm?"

Which I have. I think sailing one could be kind of fun. Possibly followed by "where's the brakes?" and "never mind, I'll just park it here". In the harbour. Wall.

Downloading, and think I may need a linked mission option. Congratulations Brolo, you've moored your tanker. Well, most of it. Now pilot this oil spill cleanup vessel. Now transfer to this fast patrol boat and flee the marine insurance team!

Trying the Ship Simulator 2008 Demo, I really want to buy one of these games. It's not like driving a car, boys and girls. I have MFS X and it's great to turn the sound up, and fly on the coast with the sights and sounds. I'm considering buy one of these titles, either when I have more money or when the price goes down :)

I think some reviews are a bit harsh. I've been playing with it for a while and not found any real showstopping bugs. There are some things that could be improved, but it pretty much does what it says on the tin and it'll hopefully be updated and extended especially once the mission editor's available.

Biggest difference I guess compared to fright stimulators is it's not as free roaming. Generally missions are constrained to chart areas. So in a mission to sail from Southampton to Marseilles, it transitions from departure to approach. No sailing the complete voyage, or exploring the UK coast. But that would take a lot more map/chart data and be rather slow at 20knots :)

Beware of the naysayers they are wrong about this game. I'm not one for simulators but this is fun.