+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why does this exist?

Why does this exist?

Okay, it isn't me who's asking the question in the topic title.

I just wanted to share with you all here, for entertainment and nothing else really, the closing remark and preceding words that the staff at Gamesradar wrote in their seemingly collective perception of Ship Simulator Extremes in one of their articles.

The article's here (Ship Simulator Extremes is in the last part of the article) --> http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-2010-...3140361058/p-2

Personally, I don't know if they're really serious or not.

Comments are worth a look... sort of..

Cheers

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

I think the comments alone prove that these editors didn't quite get it

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Score: Trust us - it doesn’t matter

To be frank, i never paid that much attention to reviews. They are always biased.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - João II of Portugal

First line of the article says it all: "We didn’t actually play this one. We didn’t even see it."

'nuff said. Just some "journalist" trying to be funny & score some points with the "hood" without any fact checking.
    Wouldn't pay too much attention to it. "Why does this article exist" would have been more a more appropriate title.

Quote Originally Posted by fradolm View Post
    First line of the article says it all: "We didn’t actually play this one. We didn’t even see it."

'nuff said. Just some "journalist" trying to be funny & score some points with the "hood" without any fact checking.
    Wouldn't pay too much attention to it. "Why does this article exist" would have been more a more appropriate title.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-2010-...3140361058/p-2

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Your link is truncated.

Think I'm gonna do a review of gamesradar.com, I never really visited the site but I think it's crap

I'd say it exists for people like this-

"Ever wondered how it would feel to sail a half a million ton Supertanker through the perfect storm?"

Which I have. I think sailing one could be kind of fun. Possibly followed by "where's the brakes?" and "never mind, I'll just park it here". In the harbour. Wall.

Downloading, and think I may need a linked mission option. Congratulations Brolo, you've moored your tanker. Well, most of it. Now pilot this oil spill cleanup vessel. Now transfer to this fast patrol boat and flee the marine insurance team!

Ok, now I understand why harbours have valet parking, or pilots as I think they preferred to be called. These big ships don't exactly turn or stop quickly

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Trying the Ship Simulator 2008 Demo, I really want to buy one of these games. It's not like driving a car, boys and girls. I have MFS X and it's great to turn the sound up, and fly on the coast with the sights and sounds. I'm considering buy one of these titles, either when I have more money or when the price goes down

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3Galactic Assault
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldShip Simulator Extremes
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I'm considering buy one of these titles, either when I have more money or when the price goes down
    You better wait for some time, just look at the reviews from Amazon here
    'Darkest Hour', a 1914-1964 Grand Strategy Game

32? Oh.... whyyy... 69 is much a nicer sounding number...

I think some reviews are a bit harsh. I've been playing with it for a while and not found any real showstopping bugs. There are some things that could be improved, but it pretty much does what it says on the tin and it'll hopefully be updated and extended especially once the mission editor's available.

Biggest difference I guess compared to fright stimulators is it's not as free roaming. Generally missions are constrained to chart areas. So in a mission to sail from Southampton to Marseilles, it transitions from departure to approach. No sailing the complete voyage, or exploring the UK coast. But that would take a lot more map/chart data and be rather slow at 20knots

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Beware of the naysayers they are wrong about this game. I'm not one for simulators but this is fun.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

+ Reply to Thread