So can we outright annex a country in Viki2 or do we have to do it EU/Vicky style.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

krieger11b

Field Marshal
40 Badges
Apr 24, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
I always hated how I had to bring a country to one province, then delcare war again to annex them. In Vicky this was a real pain as you ended up with many factories in the capital of the enemy and I have a bunch of out of work factory workers.

Reactions:
I always hated how I had to bring a country to one province, then delcare war again to annex them. In Vicky this was a real pain as you ended up with many factories in the capital of the enemy and I have a bunch of out of work factory workers.

You needed to reduce them to 3 provinces, actually, and then you could annex in the next war.

you can annex states
not three provinces

as many provinces as you like as long as their all in the same state

says so in the AAR
and also some other places

Still a very dumb rule to go by, are there any historical reasons for this?

Can you think of a single large state that was swallowed up by another in a single war?

Still a very dumb rule to go by, are there any historical reasons for this?

Not being able to take the capital province is considerably more annoying often times IMO.

Can you think of a single large state that was swallowed up by another in a single war?

Well it applies to small states along with larger ones. You can take every province and still have to give back the capital, also Napoleon gobbled up quite a few decent sized sates in one war.

The problem with this state seceeding part is the war against France as Prussia, if you need Alsace-Lorraine to form Germany, do you need to annex the entire state of Alsace-Lorraine? (which in Victoria 1 was pretty large)

I would probably assume that the Victoria II development team will seperate the state in two or something, making it possible for Prussia to only annex the three provinces as they did in Victoria 1.

Reactions:
Well it applies to small states along with larger ones. You can take every province and still have to give back the capital, also Napoleon gobbled up quite a few decent sized sates in one war.
Which decent-sized states did Napoleon gobble up? Spain and the Netherlands is more puppeting.

Prussia was taken over and was considered the most powerful country in central Europe outside the Austro Hugnarian Empire.

First, from what I can tell, this game starts after the Napoleonic Wars.

Unification of nations, like Italy and Germany, would not necessarily be equivalent to wartime annexations. Most were annexed politically, and were not real annexations (most retained their own royal families within the empire, with the Prussian King being raised to German Emperor, allowing for other Kings to still retain their crowns).

Second, Prussia was never 'annexed' as what is being talked about here, but rather defeated in war, and forced to ally with France (until the tide turned).

Check out maps of the Napoleonic wars and you will see that France gained territories in the Belgian-Netherlands, North-Western Italy and the Dalmatian coastline. This was probalby the most extreme growth in the most recent timeframe (even though it does take place years before).

One of the issues I had with previous games is that you can claim just about any territory or nation without any true justification to the land. In this era of a game, nations only could gain territory that was justified through some historic, cultural or other means. You simply could not control an area that is hostile to your culture.

Let me think....Nazi Germany against France?

Uhhh, I know very little about WWII, but yet even I know Germany didn't annex the entirety of France thanks to HOI2-3 AARs and screen shots and such. I'm pretty sure they puppeted a chunk of France, known as Vichy France...

The problem with this state seceeding part is the war against France as Prussia, if you need Alsace-Lorraine to form Germany, do you need to annex the entire state of Alsace-Lorraine? (which in Victoria 1 was pretty large)

I would probably assume that the Victoria II development team will seperate the state in two or something, making it possible for Prussia to only annex the three provinces as they did in Victoria 1.

you can claim provinces in peace terms cant you?
its just you can only annex in one go a nation that is one state or less.

According to either King or Johan (I can't remember which) one annexes entire states, not provinces. I think the comment is put in the developers comments section on the forum, though I'm not sure.

Everything takes place on a state-level.
No more claiming half a state full of craftsmen and no factories and having them spread all over your glorious Reich like rats.

can you think of any countries that were 100% occupied and the conqueror took everything but their capital?

byzantium

but from the almost working EU3 system, with important provinces counting for around 25% of warscore each event with 100% warscore you wont be able to do that

It's more about domination and keeping your neighbors and enemies weak and divided rather than conquest of nations. The only conquering that's going on is colonies which is seen as fair game, and regaining cores or national POPs.