Thread: Going to give M&B another go...suggestions

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA

Going to give M&B another go...suggestions

So, as some sort of 'prelude' to Warband I want to give the original Mount & Blade another go. It has been two years since I last played, back then there was no story and the map was quite barren.

What should I do? Just launch vanilla or download and install a few mods straight away?

Edit: Native Expansion and Gameplay extension mods sound nice, wise to install them right away or better wait till I am 'used to it' once more?
    Last edited by Singleton Mosby; 14-03-2010 at 11:01.

The game isn't very complex so I say go ahead and try some mods, but keep to the 'old' well tested ones. No fun fiddling with bugs. And avoid those who completely change the game - like Custom Settlements. Its' impressive but hard to begin with.

Native Expansion is a good idea or Sword of Damocles or Barren Lands (all close to native).
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...c,52131.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...c,59651.0.html

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Adorno View Post
    The game isn't very complex so I say go ahead and try some mods, but keep to the 'old' well tested ones. No fun fiddling with bugs. And avoid those who completely change the game - like Custom Settlements. Its' impressive but hard to begin with.

Native Expansion is a good idea or Sword of Damocles or Barren Lands (all close to native).
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...c,52131.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...c,59651.0.html
    Dowloaded Barren lands and the extended gameplay III
    Last edited by Singleton Mosby; 17-03-2010 at 10:30.

'Any system which aims at taking freedom by open force to other peoples will only make that freedom hated and prevent its triumph. '
    - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

Probably a little late to say this, but don't select the save on exit option because then you don't get the choice to save as, although you can make backups of any of your save game files regardless.

Once that save game gets an error, it's done. Good luck getting tech support on it. I'm having this problem right now. Probably over 120 hours game play on this game now, and then I got this error and can't recover my saved game.

One of the most stupid and unrealistic save game policies I've ever seen in a game is the save on exit. Nice and realistic policy, until the save game gets an error on it and then it's forever gone. It's so ridiculous and dangerous, it shouldn't even be offered as an option. Had I known just a week ago what I know now, I would have been making backup copies of my game quite a lot, as tedious as that would have been.

Yeah, it's really recommended to 'save as' once in a while, no matter what save option you chose.
    That way you don't have one save game with 200 days of playing that suddenly goes wrong.