• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan11

Deadpan Snarker
51 Badges
Dec 24, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
The sissy's way to do it

Hi!

This would be my fourth attempt at an AAR.

The first, in CU, ended because of the game getting too easy and dreary.
The second, also in CU, was aborted due to HTTT.
The third one, in HTTT, lost the savegame.
And now, the fourth, I will play as Pommerania.

This will be different from other AARs in various ways. First I'm not good at the game, so I will do it the sissy's way. Playing on very easy. To make it even easier, colonists, spies and merchants are all free, and inflation is only from gold. AI aggresiveness is high, lucky nations random, and colonist is size 300.

So, Pommerania.
15pn2hw.jpg
A two province minor on the southern side of the baltic sea, Bordering Brandenburg, Mecklenburg, Poland and the Teutons. Subject of repeated alliance offers from Mazovia and Riga, the two nations destined to be gobbled up within ten years of the game, making Pommerania prone to invasion. This will be a challenge for me, as I have never even played till endgame.

So, the to-do list:
1. Secure the nation from Poland and Brandenburg. This could be done by conquering provinces from various OPMs.
2. Securing the Baltic coast.
3. Securing Scandinavia.
4. Avoid bankruptcy when the Reformation strikes.
5. Press into Russia.
6. Maybe colonising a little.
7. Make it to 1650 at least.

Hope youre interested. I may have an update tomorrow or later tonight.

Last edited:
Reserved for table of contents.

Last edited:
Prologue: Swinoujscie Blues

Pommerania. A dreary and wet place even at warm seasons. In the middle of October you can expect it to rain every six hours. It was in this weather that Barnim Gryf, the sixth Barnim ruling Pommerania, was standing. He was looking at a rather pale man. A man with the distinct look of someone, who tries to explain to a child why he can’t climb the castle walls.

“Tell me, Parakski, why those goals can’t be done,” King Barnim said.

“Because,” said Parakski, “Our nation can’t handle those goals. Our greatness capacity won’t allow it.”

“It must be done. I will not let my name fade away in history. The world must remember the Gryfs!”

“But...”

“I will not listen, Parakski. You have been my personal advisor for a long time, and you know you won’t win this discussion. Like that time I climbed the castle wall.”

“Sigh….. Very well my lord. I will have the goals you have assigned to your family written in the chronicle for eternity.”

“That’s the spirit, old man! You would’ve done it anyways.”

Here’s the big picture of the start.
I start out by moving towards centralization and losing one stability point. I forgot to take a pic of the economy, but all funds are in govt. tech.

qpnq50.jpg
dc369y.jpg

iyops4.jpg
16kp5rl.jpg

1zv79md.jpg

Up next: Allies are good - if they're of any use​

Interesting. I'll follow. :)

I'm liking this AAR so far! Pommerania is an interesting country to play as, good luck!

Interesting.

*subscribes*

Hi! Glad to have caught your interest!

Interesting. I'll follow. :)

Thank you!

Sweet, I think #3 might be tough

It probably will, but I didn't want to form Germany, so I had to set another goal.

I'm liking this AAR so far! Pommerania is an interesting country to play as, good luck!

You're quick to like something. I've only made a prologue!

But thanks anyways.

Oh, and while you wait for the next update, why don't you try to guess who has received the lucky nations tier.
Let's see if anyone get's a right!

Last edited:
Chapter 1 – Puny nations stick together

2rfvq8l.jpg

So, to ally the teutons, eh?

Not exactly what I would have planned, but what can you do?

ffbadx.jpg
3304a9v.jpg

Accept alliance offers from smallish nations that the Teutons will attack!

169reac.jpg

Not Mazovia, though. They’re bound to be eaten by Poland. I do NOT want to battle Poland. Yet.

Magdeburg also offers an alliance. Forgot the pic. That will likely occur at different points.

3518uwz.jpg

So, that mission cancelled itself, and I’m gonna cancel that one myself.

dndkqv.jpg

18. November 1400: So, prestige….. Bugger.

30a9ahk.jpg

August 1401: In other news, The Palpatinate is down with pretenders. Again. This happens all the time. Does that happen in your games, too?

2s5zdxz.jpg

And the Teuts are in neck deep. If they weren’t allied with Brandenburg, I’d go in.

2l8ers7.jpg
30rntk7.jpg

17. November 1402: And we get an heir, Boguslaw Gryf, who seems to be more capable than his father. Good thing he is!

2lkw7y1.jpg

April 1403: I checked the allies of the Teuts, and Muscovy is alone. Chaaaaarge!!!!!

Bugger.

2gwax4l.jpg

My allies left me, and the teuts didn’t join. Well, this is gonna be a really boring war. Time for War taxes!

Next: Let's all go to Specklenburg!

Oh, well, I've already guaranteed Riga. If the Teutons do anything, I'll be on their tail!

I shall follow this with great amusement. ;)

Chapter 2: Specklenburg, beware!

As my allies left me, new ones pop up:

98r6z9.jpg
2rq15cn.jpg

Hungary is good, and I accept Mazovia just to see if anything pops up, as Poland isn’t faring well in their Toktamysh war with the Golden Horde.

24b7vio.jpg

Ouch.

And sure enough, on the 3rd of June, 1404, Mazovia jumps on Lithuania, pulling in Poland, and only Poland. Of course I’ll join!

2rg2nw2.jpg

vwvekx.jpg

Poland is in deep trouble. Shortly afterwards Brandenburg DoWs, encouraging Meissen to join on the Polish side.

2efrw3t.jpg

Oh, okay. New war in Russia. This replaces my war with Muscovy, as they also join.

2mwcz9k.jpg

Yeah right….

29yh9u9.jpg

As you probably can see, I’m besieging or controlling northern Poland. The Polish are in trouble. But Bohemia has WPed, and the Golden Horde left with some Lithuanian provinces. Lithuania is also experiencing rebel trouble at the moment.

It seems like Mazovia disagreed to the white peace:

30ixjzp.jpg

And at this moment I realise that I may have lost some pictures, because the one with the automatic WP with Muscovy is gone. Bugger.

And now, to get your mind of my embarrassing fail, have a look as this three pictures, which, apart from showing me hiring a general with a shock value higher than 0, shows how bad Brandenburg failed.

5l31jp.jpg

243en9i.jpg

2jai3rk.jpg

Meissen FTW!

Eeeeeeexcellent…… *snickers*

34te3x5.jpg

Next: How not to offer peace deals

I shall follow this with great amusement. ;)

Thank you, m'lord.

Oh, and you should all bear in mind, that the updates won't come steady. They will come, but not by a program. And evry second weekend I won't be able to update due to being away from my PC.

Meissen for HRE. :cool::D

Nice work. :D

Yay, free core! :D