• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Really cool!
What will you do about Savoy controlling part of southern France?

In time, kick theirs as... of course :D

The Roman Empire has risen again. :cool:

Indeed it has ! And more importantly the time for great leders for the Muslim worl (like Saladdin) is over so this time they might even survive !!! ;)

I REALLY like how you will recreate the British Empire. But I don't think it should end with that, a United Kingdom of Britain and France would have much grander ambitions on the colonial scheme.
Perhaps the entire North America would come under the thumb of such a Union in a world with such a power.

Entire North America ? I don't know.... it seems too much but...

Anyway, colonizing tiakes time, so I won't be able to develop that quickly right at the begining. So it might turned out like that depends on what happens after all ;)

I'm a history student so i cringe whenever I see things massively unrealistic. However I could see the German states, Iberia and Italy becoming part of the new Western Roman Empire. But any expansion I ever do on this game is always within the badboy limit.
I do greatly admire this AAR because you are keeping it historical and realistic, but at the same time doing what I as a Brit always love seeing; the complete conquest of France :D

To be honest, I mostly always play like this. When it becomes totally unhistorical I lose the fun out of the game :)

And BTW, England did not conquered France ! The Lancaster just took two INDEPENDANT kingdoms under one crown :D (yeah it's a little wobbly but... don't care ! :D :rofl: )

1447 - 1448 : Constantinople split the Catholics

The bad thing with the Byzantines is the fact that Catholic countries still got feelings toward it. Despite the fact that they were for centuries the last wall against muslim invasions, the Xth century schism between the Oriental Christians and Western Christians was still in the memories. And despite Catholic's treason in 1204, European kingdoms were still willing to see Constantinople falling.

That's why when Andreas Ist, the Basileus, decided to attack Morea to claim his rightfull territories, European kingdoms decided to intervene. Castille and Savoie declared war against the newly free Eastern Roman Empire ! Of course, I decided to side with them against those Christian traitors ! :mad:

However this war clearly not started well for me. First of all, I was still full of war exhaustion. Secondly I was not head of the war, so only the Byzantines would lead the negociations for now. And finally, the first main battle was on the ocean. A huge Castillan fleet was able to defeat me on Morean shores. Almost all my ships were able to get out of this battle. Howevr this meant I then had still 20,000 men stuck in Greece, unable to go to fight in France and Iberia ! Not to mention my new incapacity to send my fleet back into England or France !

The only positive point was that from June to December, I fought several battles against Savoie. In December 24th, 1447 I was at last able to crusehd definitely their armies, which means the war against Savoie was already almost over.

On their front, the Byzantines were able to have some success. in March 1448, they annexed Morea. However, the landing of a strong Castillan force gave my 20,000 men something to do to keep the Byzantine territory free.

When I finally controlled every bit of Savoie territory in october 1448, they were forced to signe a peace treaty with Byzance. One more time, the Lancasters protected and saved Byzance !

The 1448 peace treaty

So what knowledge can I take from this war ? First of all, my huge focus on land troops for years is now coming back against me. My fleet is not strong enough any more in this new Europe. That's a truly important new goal for the future : to keep having the strongest fleet in the world !

An other thing : now that war in France is almost over, there will be more and more wars outside of the two Kingdoms, especially because of my alliances. So I can't keep thinking just in terms of France and England in the future. Of course, all those considerations will become really true and important for the second part of this AAR when the Hundred years war will be truly finished. For now, I still have a few years to go before having to really wonder about those problems. I still have 6 years to finish my goals (annexing Ile de France), and this is the true priority !

The two Kingdoms in December 1448

In early 1449, all my troops were now bakc in France, and I was aain able to prepare a war. Now was the time to go against the Valois, one last time !

The war would start in July 1449.

In august, my troops were controlling Paris ! On the 25th of this month the Valois accepted to give Paris to the Lancasters.

On September the 3rd, the Valois, also at war against Aragon, accepted to be annexed by them, giving them Provence.

On September 4th, the news began to spread around Europe. The Valois had abandonned all their titles, and were not seeking the French Throne anymore !

On September 5th, no one else than the Lancaster Family was claiming the French Throne ! Therefor, as they were already controlling 2/3rd of the French Kingdom, almost everyone across Europe decided to recognize Henry VI Lancaster as the rightfull French King !

On November the 24th, 1449, Henry VI Lancaster was at last sacred French King in Reims. At last, by this sacred day, the kingdoms were unified under one crown by the Lancaster Dynasty !

Henry VI is sacred King of France in Reims

How will this AAR will be finished now ? Well my goal was to go until 1453, the historical end for the Hundred years war. I was able to win it four years before. Then those last four years will be used as a conclusion for this AAR.

The Cathedral of Reims, where Henry Vi was sacred French King, like every French king before him !

A conclusion, but also a link to the next part of this AAR, with ideas and hints on what might happen next. By this sacred year 1453, the medieval ages are finished, as lots of events also happened in the last years in the whole Europe. Those last four years will then be decisive for the future.

And of course I won't finish here my goal to have France entirely unified under the Lancaster crown. For all of you who followed this AAR (or read it later) you clearly must have noticed that my progression in France was really quick ! Then it would have been hard to be faster than that before 1453.

Anyway, this is not the conclusion so let's continue the work !

In France like in England, thousands of people began to play music and dance with this good news that the Hundred years war was over ! At last, the two now united kingdoms could now be in peace !

Impossible to imagine fourty years ago, English and French women were partying and dancing together (the French women in blue, the English women in red)

And of course in Reims, Henry VI was most than pleased by the nice dance those four young French women made in his honor !

The two united Kingdoms december 1449

Last edited:

1450 - 1453 : conclusion

It was now time to administrate peace in France and England. My first decision, now that the Kingdoms' economy was stable, was to leave the Hanseatic Trade League and then create a new Center of Trade in London.

In september 1451, I gained the opportunity to conquer Orléans. The opportunity doubled when Savoie decided to protect them !

In July 1452, Orléans, Savoie and Dauphiné were mine.

In 1453, King Henry VI began to see his end as he fell territbly ill. Within weeks, his health degredated until his death in May of this year.

His rule will always be remembered. In his 27 years as ruler of England, he assured the victory against both the Bourguignon and Valois Houses. He vassalises Scotland. He unified the two Kingdoms. he launched the last crusade and liberated the Eastern Roman Empire and protected it against Catholic ennemies, and at last he brought peace in France and England.

Edward IV Lancaster now represent the future of France and England

With his death in 1453 also arrived the end of an era. The Hundred years war was finished, and Europe was about to enter in the Renaissance.

In the south, Portugal was establishing trade ports on Africa's coast and the European crowns were dreaming about the far east, India, China.

Some were begining to wonder... Would it be possible to find an other road to India ? What could we discover if we decided to explore the Western ocean ? Rumors are saying that hundreds of years ago, the Scandinavians discovered a road in the cold north to a new land, the Vinland.

What is this land in the far west on this Scandinavian map ?
(click on it for a better view)

The world in december 1453
(Click the picture for a better view)

The United Kingdoms in december 1453

Now is definitly the time to think about the future. Lots of people here asked me to continued a second part, so I'll do it. For now, this AAR is finished, I will soon start a new one to continue this scenario from something I think I never saw in an other AAR (or only in a "world conquest" AAR) : the world history with England and France unified !

That's all folks !

This concludes this AAR
I hope you enjoyed it

Really nice work, I must say. Maybe it would be more fun and realistic if you just enforced a PU, but I guess this is more challenging.

Just one thing:
On September 4th, the news began to spread around Europe. The Lancasters had abandoned all their titles, and were not seeking the French Throne anymore !

Are you sure? The Lancasters? Not the Valois?

Really nice work, I must say. Maybe it would be more fun and realistic if you just enforced a PU, but I guess this is more challenging.

Just one thing:
On September 4th, the news began to spread around Europe. The Lancasters had abandoned all their titles, and were not seeking the French Throne anymore !

Are you sure? The Lancasters? Not the Valois?

What is a PU ?

And you're right this is a mistake I will correct this right now :)

Good AAR, i followed it from the very beginning. It's always great to see a red France! Waiting for the continuation of this interesting story!

Actually for me it's the first time I see a red France :D (I mean, out of modern politics where France is always red :mad:)

I'll try to see if I have some time to start the next part tonight.

:rofl:YOU FINALLY DID IT! ALL HAIL THE LANCASTERS! :rofl:

And hail to the United Kingdoms of France and England :D

Very nice AAR. Enjoyed it very much!:)

thanks to all of you ! All those nice comments made me going through it that fast ;)

Since it belongs to this AAR:
PU is a Personal Union. If you modded in a casus belli or hired a spy to 'locate some ancient documents', you could of had France in a Personal Union under your king. They would not be a part of England, but they would be very much like a vassal, and with each new king a chance to inherit would appear.

Now this AAR begins to be "old", but I had to read it again today.

I realised i made lots of mistakes on the english language in this AAR. So I took some time to correct them.

I just finished the first page on seven pages. I hope no other mistakes are in this AAR. I hope to be able to continue that in the future days.