This AAR has been written in June 2010. The goal here was to play only the Hundred years war as England.
In 1399, the three crowns of England, and the Bourguignon and Valois Houses were claiming the French Kingdom. As England, I had to win this Hundred Years war against those two enemies and unify the Two Kingdoms under one crown, to create the United Kingdoms of France and England.
This AAR then start in 1399 and ends in 1453, covered in 24 parts.
The second part of this AAR, History of the United Kingdoms, is posted here
I) What to listen while you're reading this AAR
II) History of the United Kingdoms : the second part of this AAR
I) Henry IV Lancaster (1399 - 1404)
1) 1400 : First moves
2) 1401 - 1402 : tensions are rising
3) 1403 - 1404 : first war against the Valois House
II) Henry V Lancaster (1404 - 1406)
1) 1405 - 1406 : a sad white peace
III) Arthur I Lancaster (1406 - 1414)
1) 1407 - 1408 : time for peace and investments
2) 1409 - 1410 : war in France and Italy
3) 1411 - 1412 : Valois and Lancaster at war part I
4) 1413 - 1414 : Valois and Lancaster at war part II
IV) The Lancaster Regency Council (1414 - 1426)
1) 1415 - 1417 : everybody hates the Bourguignons
2) 1418 - 1419 : times of crisis
3) 1420 - 1422 : two alliances facing each other
4) 1423 : the three crowns at war ! Part I
5) 1424 - 1425 : the three crowns at war ! Part II
V) Henry VI Lancaster (1426 - 1453)
1) 1426 - 1427 : Time for a Lancaster revenge ! Part I
2) 1428 - 1429 : Time for a Lancaster revenge ! Part II
3) 1430 - 1431 : Scotland !
4) 1432 - 1434 : consolidations
5) 1435 - 1437 : a growing wish of peace in France
6) 1438 - 1441 : the last crusade Part I
7) 1442 - 1444 : the last crusade Part II
8) 1445 - 1446 : the last crusade Part III
9) 1447 - 1448 : Constantinople splits the Catholics
10) 1449 : two kingdoms, one crown !
11) 1450 - 1453 : conclusion
So what about this game :
Difficulty : Very hard
IA agressiveness : Aggressive
Country played : England
One thing I already know is that playing France in EU III starting in 1399 is still very easy. I already tried it as France, so it means that playing England should be a rather good challenge.
1399 - 1453
My ultimate goal would be to unite perfectly France, but I'm mostly betting on something more reasonable : to have the Valois house as my vassals ruling the south of France, and controlling the north and the west through vassals :
And of course having also united Ireland and Scotland. All of this before 1453 !
And to be able to do that (and to have a solid kingdom), I still must take a great care of my BB, to not have a coalition against me willing to destroy me because of this BB !!! This would mean a total failure.
Initial situation :
In october 1399, the situation in the French kingdom is pretty messy. Three crowns are claiming they have the legal right to rule France. For more than 60 years, those three crowns are fighting.
The Valois House lost lots of their claims of lots of parts of the Kingdom a long time ago. However, they still claim they are the rightfully rulers of France.
The Lancaster House, rulers of England, gained lots of rightfull territories throughout the years. Their Kingdom was founded by a duke of Normandy and as so they claim their rights to unify the two kingdoms of France and England (AKA the United Kingdoms )
The Bourguignon House on the eastern parts of the Kingdom seems rather weak, but the perfect ally for England or the Valois House to defeat its ennemy.
As I really liked the "one post a month" system with my Dixie AAR, I will do as much as possible a "one post for two years" AAR. However this might not be necessary in times of peace so might not always be like that.
So now, let's rule !