Thread: What do you think Legio should have?

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries

What do you think Legio should have?

Legio is out for some time, but is there anything which should be included in a patch, like new units, or maps?

What is your opinion?

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

72 games registered

Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Definetely new units!
    I want a 15 point Dragon!

Do you mean "Dragon" or "Dragoon"?
    Real difficulties can be overcome, it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable. - Theodore N. Vail
    Beware! I have the Tech Curse!!

72 games registered

Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

A dragon!

Oh! I would like both a dragon and a dragoon!
    Real difficulties can be overcome, it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable. - Theodore N. Vail
    Beware! I have the Tech Curse!!

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    The good part is that it won't be very hard to expand Legio with new units and maps.

If we want new units, how about a Minotaur? I've no idea where I've got this idea from, just popped into my head out of a sudden. ;-)
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Legio

Keep em coming! ... I'm watching this thread...

- "Tournament mode" - hits are not determined by eye-timing-clicking skills, but are fixed.
    - On the second round (inside the castle), the defender gets to choose its units AFTER the attacker has done so, to counter its numerical advantage. I have never ever seen so far the defender win the second round.
    - A mode where both attacker and defenders must choose the same units (to make it more chess like for those that want to). A "preset" of units should be selected when starting a game.
    - I wouldn't add too many units, it might make the game unnecessarily complicated. The strongest point of this game is not the number and variability of units, but how they interact between each other in unexpected ways, complementing each other. Anything that improves this is good, but adding more complexity that either the AI can not use or that just makes the games more randomly based on which units each side selects, is in my opinion not good.

Some GUI ideas:
    - more variation in general in animations, exclamations of the king and queen, what the units say and do while idle, etc.
    - more camera control.
    - when hovering over a unit on the list below, it should mark it more clearly on the board
    - when hovering over a unit on the board, it should mark all the ranged units that can attack it, and the squares in the board that are in their shadow.
    - when hovering over a ranged unit on the board, it should mark all the enemy units that are in range (with a value of the damage that would be inflicted), and also the shadow squares.

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sernaton View Post
    - On the second round (inside the castle), the defender gets to choose its units AFTER the attacker has done so, to counter its numerical advantage. I have never ever seen so far the defender win the second round.
    In the second round the choice of units is too limited to knowledge of the enemy army has been helpful. The opponent has the advantage of 2 or 3 units which is probably supremacy in every possible combination of units.

Legio

We've planned an update to be released in the end of the summer. No date yet but with some new included features...

Europa Universalis 3

Paid or free?