• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess Patton got what he truly wanted: to bring the Fuhrer to his own brand of justice.

I guess Patton got what he truly wanted: to bring the Fuhrer to his own brand of justice.

I must say: I was quite surprised to see Hitler go out in an coherent-speaking fashion.

Are you going to try to end the war with the atomic bomb, now that the man who can be said to have been responsible for the greatest war in history is dead, mightn't the loss of half of a million to a million more men capturing some insignificant islands be a little too much for America to bear? Also, how's Truman health wise? He's been in office for 12 years now, that's got to take a toll even on "Give 'em Hell Harry".

Also, how's Truman health wise? He's been in office for 12 years now, that's got to take a toll even on "Give 'em Hell Harry".

"I have no intention to die at my desk."

-Harry Truman, on why he didn't seek re-election in 1952

Harry Truman, like Elvis, never actually died, he's kept in a suspended animation vault at Area 51 next to Bess. He is being reserved in case the world needs another failed haberdasher cum leader of the free world.

More spy/thriller crap inspired by this AAR and featuring characters that I'm probably going to use over and over:

(In case you are wondering what the conspiracy is about, I dunno yet either; I'm trying to write a conspiracy thriller and I'm just using this AAR and what I imagine Macao to be like TTL to allow me to flesh out my characters.)

Robert Cameron lit his third cigarette of the evening, feeling painfully out of place in the bustling streets of Macao, now filled with former Axis officials, collaborators and affiliated scum from across three continents desperately trying to get some sort of safe passage on any of the few remaining South American ships in the harbor. Of course, he wasn’t in the refugee business; he was in the much less cutthroat business of espionage. He tapped his foot, waiting for his Swiss contact inside the rickety office block to apprehend the Templar he was chasing. They had met some years earlier, in Marseilles; when the Templar was just another Vichy bureaucrat to him and the Nazi’s bootheel had not yet marred the isle of Britain. The bastard had been smug even then, he reminisced; the image of that oh-so-self-satisfied expression causing him to grit his teeth in rage. He hadn’t even been chasing the Grail then, it had been a simple snatch and grab mission, get in, get info and get out. But it hadn’t gone like that, not at all; the jagged scar on his hip, a gift from an amphetamine popping Gestapo man testified well enough to that. He was jolted out of the dark embrace of his memories by the crack of a pistol, a sound nothing like what he knew the greasy Swiss banker carried, a silenced machine pistol whose soft chuckles had helped lull him into his reverie.

He reached into his shoulder holster, withdrawing a revolver and cocking it quickly. He moved towards the rear entrance to the building and entered, blindly running down corridors, cursing himself for his stupidity and cursing the building for its unnavigable labyrinth of corridors. Entered a hall he recognized, saw the open door of Busslinger’s office and ran in, his anger at the Templar suppressing his normally cautious urges. Entering Busslinger’s office he immediately saw that his fears had been all too true. Though he felt no personal attachment to the rodentlike man whose brains had recently been splattered across the desk in front of him, the irritation of the overinflated pig escaping him yet again caused him to nearly scream in frustration. He idly examined the second bullet-riddled man, now little more than a ruined carcass staining the once fine carpet; he quickly noted the fine job the Schmisser had done in tearing the man apart, releasing an appreciative chuckle at the marvels of German engineering. Exiting the office and returning to the lobby he was confronted with more evidence that the frog had been aware of the little plan he had concocted. Carved into the wall of the waiting room was a massive depiction of the Templar Seal. He was going to kill that frog eating bastard if it was the last thing he ever did and once he reflected on it, it might well be the last thing he ever did. His thoughts of revenge were interrupted by a groan from the next room; he dashed in, hoping to extract some information from the mortally wounded man on the office floor. “Hilfe mich! Bitte!” the man coughed in German. The sudden shock of realization hit Cameron like a thunderbolt. His scar twitched with pleasure, the feeling reflected in a rather sadistic grin that slowly spread across his face. He giggled involuntarily as he whipped out his favorite knife, savoring the terrified look on his former captor’s face. “Perhaps,” he thought as the former Getstapo man named Barbie started to scream, “Today wasn’t a total waste after all.”

So let's see: World War II era Conspiracy Thriller Characters
Morally Bankrupt Swiss Banker? Check
Tortured, Dutiful Wehrmacht Officer? Check
Mysterious Member of A Secret Cult? Check
Psychotic British Spy? Check
Insane Nazi Mad Scientist? Nope
Sadistic SS/Gestapo Officer? Nope
American Archaeologist? If only I could include Indy w/o getting my pants sued off... *sigh*
Some Sort of Badass American Hero? Nope
Humphrey Bogart? Yes, he's just in a different story I'm writing; I'll work in my hard-boiled film-noir character soon though, that is if anyone wants to read more of this schlock.

Last edited:
Harry Truman, like Elvis, never actually died, he's kept in a suspended animation vault at Area 51 next to Bess. He is being reserved in case the world needs another failed haberdasher cum leader of the free world.

Umm...how about right now?

"Truman 2012 - He worked well the first time"

"Truman 2012 - The Japanese Have It Coming"
"Truman 2012 - Come On, It's Not Any Less Plausible Than Ron Paul"
"Truman 2012 - History Will Vindicate Him, Again!"

Actually, now that we are considering it, I'd rather have Barry, Harry, Wendell or Adlai than any of the clowns currently vying for helicopter rides on Marine One.

On the topic of morons, who wants me to post more spy stuff, or should I can it?

We should do the (X in 2012) game for more historical presidents/candidates/veeps/household pets

Last edited:
"Theodor Heuss, who had been running things in Germany under the Americans in order to prepare him for leadership of the new German government, now assumed the mantle of President of Germany and turned to Truman and Patton and Patton and personally thanked both of them on the behalf of the German people for having made that day possible in an event that both men would later claim to be one of the proudest days of their lives. After 27 years of authoritarian rule, Germany was finally free."

Oh dear God! There are TWO Pattons?! Watch out Nazi German, it's Patton^2!

"Theodor Heuss, who had been running things in Germany under the Americans in order to prepare him for leadership of the new German government, now assumed the mantle of President of Germany and turned to Truman and Patton and Patton and personally thanked both of them on the behalf of the German people for having made that day possible in an event that both men would later claim to be one of the proudest days of their lives. After 27 years of authoritarian rule, Germany was finally free."

Patton 2, Patton Harder

I didn't notice that typo.

If there were two Pattons, I think it would be more like a Godzilla movie: both sides trying to out-Patton each other, leaving death and destruction in their wake.

I sense a certain Air Cavalry colonel will be entering Vietnam very, very soon. As for strategy, I'd say try and take the Kamchatka Peninsula for use as an airbase from which to launch a massive air war against Japan. A significant combined strategic bombardment campaign and submarine blockade would probably result in a major supply problems for Japanese troops after only a few months of consistent pressure, especially when used in conjunction with a consistent offensive in the Asian mainland. If a truly effective cordon is to be established, the capture of the Bonin and Ryuku island chains will likely become necessary, these will also offer additional airbases from which the Japanese industrial heartland can be bombed into oblivion.

Good stuff, I'm glad to see this updated once again. As you say I too was a bit surprised but also impressed by the show of defiance from Germany and Japan during this update, both fighting on until the bitter end. And what an end, a very impressive death scene for Hitler. He went out with rather more courage than I would have expected. With his passing the war nears its end.

Thanks as always for the compliment. As for the Hitler death, I did not find it appropriate to simply have him kill himself, as it seemed like a cop out. As for the war, it may seem about over, but the Japanese still have plenty of fight left.

I don't think anyone will cry about his demise. Also, he was trying to still fight.

I must say: I was quite surprised to see Hitler go out in an coherent-speaking fashion.

As I stated, I didn't want him to simply kill himself and simply having him go on a madman's rant would simply be too cliche.

Are you going to try to end the war with the atomic bomb, now that the man who can be said to have been responsible for the greatest war in history is dead, mightn't the loss of half of a million to a million more men capturing some insignificant islands be a little too much for America to bear? Also, how's Truman health wise? He's been in office for 12 years now, that's got to take a toll even on "Give 'em Hell Harry".

I have stated in the past that I hate using nukes because I find them cheat. The only time I ever came close to using them was when I had a seemingly unbreakable stalemate in Spain that I still am not entirely sure how I broke without using nukes. What that means is that I will not use them unless I get into a stalemate that I am unable to break. Also, I could not write an event that would make them surrender in response to me nuking them because my computer rejects all events I write for this game. More importantly, you will see that something happens at some point in the not too distant future that makes using them completely unnecessary.

As for Truman's health, I will address that at some point as well

This AAR is awesome. Keep it up! :D

I would migrate to the States and somehow get a vote to vote for him under those conditions.

"Truman 2012 - The Japanese Have It Coming"
"Truman 2012 - Come On, It's Not Any Less Plausible Than Ron Paul"
"Truman 2012 - History Will Vindicate Him, Again!"

Actually, now that we are considering it, I'd rather have Barry, Harry, Wendell or Adlai than any of the clowns currently vying for helicopter rides on Marine One.

On the topic of morons, who wants me to post more spy stuff, or should I can it?

We should do the (X in 2012) game for more historical presidents/candidates/veeps/household pets

As stated above, I will adress the truman reelection and otherwise situation after this ends.

Patton 2, Patton Harder

Patton 2: Electric Boogaloo

I didn't notice that typo.

If there were two Pattons, I think it would be more like a Godzilla movie: both sides trying to out-Patton each other, leaving death and destruction in their wake.

I did not notice that when writing this, I believe I fixed it, but will double check on completion of the update to make sure.

I sense a certain Air Cavalry colonel will be entering Vietnam very, very soon. As for strategy, I'd say try and take the Kamchatka Peninsula for use as an airbase from which to launch a massive air war against Japan. A significant combined strategic bombardment campaign and submarine blockade would probably result in a major supply problems for Japanese troops after only a few months of consistent pressure, especially when used in conjunction with a consistent offensive in the Asian mainland. If a truly effective cordon is to be established, the capture of the Bonin and Ryuku island chains will likely become necessary, these will also offer additional airbases from which the Japanese industrial heartland can be bombed into oblivion.

While that is an effective strategy, I actually played ahead in the heat of the moment. However, I do find my China campaign might be some of my best work.

Without further ado, time for the update

Germany had finally fallen. It was not something that was easy to believe for anyone. Germany, and especially Hitler, had once loomed over the world like a colossus. They were Titans who seemed impossible to actually kill or defeat. Now both were gone. For Truman, this was what he had spent his whole career trying to do. Whether he wanted it or not, his presidency, and the last dozen years of American history had come to be defined by this war. Truman was now, without a doubt the most powerful man in the world. He commanded the world's most powerful military and much of the world was indebted to and in alliance behind him. When it was all over, he or his successor would have the opportunity that Hitler had always dreamed of having: To reshape the world to their liking. Indeed, Truman had already reshaped much of it, giving independence to countries that had never known it before or had not had it in centuries. Indeed, the 12 long years he had been in office had taken their toll on him. He now appeared at least 10 years older then he really was and some began to fear for his health. Despite what appeared to many to be his failing health, Truman refused to acknowledge it, soldiering on despite it. "If Death wants me, he can come and take me, but he better be ready for a fight" Truman is reported as having said. He also boldly proclaimed that he "had not intention of dieing at his desk", despite the fact that it looked to many like he might do just that. He had started this war and he would see it to its finish if it killed him.

And in there lay one of the most important and easily forgotten fact about the war at this point: That it was not over. In the euphoria following the death of Hitler and fall of Germany, it became easy to forget that Japan was still in the fight. Despite being horribly outmatched and having an almost complete lack of anything resembling a navy, the Japanese had not and would not give up the fight. They still held China and their home islands and they had determined to fight to the last man, woman, and child if need be. What the Americans did not know was that their was a growing disconnect between the army that ruled Japan and the citizenry. While the Army leadership, having come to believe their propaganda about Bushido, insisted that the Japanese people would never surrender, many Japanese were starting to doubt whether the Japanese could actually win the war. This feeling was furthered by the Japanese leadership themselves. They had suddenly stopped talking about destroying the Americans. Now they were merely talking about holding China and the Home Islands at all costs and against anything the Americans could throw at them. Indeed, most of the senior staff now believed the war to be unwinnable, in the conventional sense. At this point, they merely were hoping that they could force the Americans to a negotiated peace by showing them how bloody and difficult the war would be. The only thing that kept the Japanese people from rising up against military rule was the continued support of the Emperor for the Militarists. However, even he was beginning to have his doubts. However, the military had been careful to sideline him. However, he was still the Emperor and even if he did not have any real power, if they were seen to defy his wishes, it would destroy any legitimacy they had. This simple fact terrified Prime Minister Tojo, who had nightmares that the Emperor might decide to end the war, forcing them all to comply or suffer removal. Should that happen, he and all of the Japanese leadership would be out of power, if not worse.

In addition, two other events passed in this period without much fanfare due to their being vastly overshadowed by Hitler's demise. The first was the announcement of the liberation of Tibet
107orqr.jpg

The other was the release of Tannu Tuva
1zqu3cg.jpg

However, While Japan was the strongest remaining enemy and China there stronghold, it was not against either target that the first attack following the fall of Germany would be directed. That honor would go to Thailand. After the fall of Burma, Bradley had concocted a plan to destroy the Thai army. After repeated failures to take Bangkok he decided he would not take the city, but cut it off. He had decided to land his men in the Thai forces rear, just Southeast of Bangkok. These men would then move North and link up with men advancing from the North of the city. The result would be that the city, and all the men in it, would be completely cut off. However, this plan would not go as planned. While the Americans had assumed that the city of Battambang, where they had intended to land, would be lightly defended, they found it held by 10 division of the Thai army.
jqtava.jpg

Despite managing to fight their way ashore, The Americans were unable to gain a secure foothold in the city, facing mounting casualties, the call was given to reembark
With the failure of his plan for the invasion, Bradley reverted to the initial plan for SouthEast Asia, ordering his men in the North of Thailand to advance into Laos at Luang Prabang and Vientiane. The plan was to cut Indochina off from China and gradually trap and destroy the Japanese forces there.
xerm8.jpg

However, the fighting in Southeast Asia would soon become nothing more then a sideshow. After many preparations and delays, the invasion of China was about to begin. However, it was to have a new participant: Patton, after the battle of Hong Kong and the killing of Hitler, was sitting in Hong Kong with his army, awaiting orders. The decision on how to use Patton would ultimately come after a request from an unlikely source: Stilwell. Stilwell had long been an ally of Bradley's in the military after Bradley had tried several years ago to make him the head of the Pacific theater, in what some still considered to be a blatant attempt by Bradley to remove an officer that was friendly to Patton from a significant command position and replace him with someone friendly to him. Stilwell had made a request to Truman to have, as he said it "That Tough Son of a Bitch" on his side. Truman himself was surprised at the request, thinking that There was no reason for Stilwell to want what would probably be a rival and prima donna presence in his command. However, he granted the request because Patton was in a very good strategic position to reach and take Guangzhou quickly and seize it. When Patton received his orders and from Truman he began to question why Truman would assign him to Stilwell. "You know damn well what will happen, me and him will wind up getting into it and you will have another bruhaha on your hands". It is then that Truman told Patton who had requested the assignment. "Well now I'm even more confused, but if these are my orders and I will follow them." To Patton, the fact that he was serving under a probable rival mattered little when put up against another chance for one last scrap of glory, even if it was in serving under someone else.

The decision was made to begin the invasion of the Southern China first. This would hopefully draw Japanese forces down south, creating an opening for those who would land farther North

The invasion would begin on March 30 when General Walker landed in Macao
33xc01c.jpg

This would be followed up by Patton's advance from Hong Kong to Bao'an
rc3qd1.jpg

General Lockwood then made his landing at Haiphong. He had perhaps the most crucial job. His task was two fold. First, as the southern most of the landings, his job was to block any attempts of the Japanese or Siamese troops from moving north and to prevent troops in China from reinforcing Indochina.
vgpj5.jpg

The first force to gain a foothold on the mainland would be Patton's on April 3, 1959. He would seize Bao'an, securing a vital toehold to great fanfare.
35k5vt4.jpg

True to form, however, he would not stop there. Patton, realizing that this single toehold would not be enough, decided to make a go for a much greater prize:Guangzhou. This was a big risk, as with no reinforcements as of yet, it would leave Bao'an completely unguarded. Patton, however, reasoned that to be an acceptable risk based on the assertion he would be able to ensure its safety just as easily from Guangzhou by simply counterattacking any force making a push for Bao'an. When his subordinates informed him that would require him to be aware of every attempted attack on Bao'an to be a success, he informed them that "They better have some damn good intelligence then".
35k5vt4.jpg

Walker and Lockwood would make landfall the next day on April 4 who would immediately advance out of Macao and towards Jiangman and, ultimately, Maoming in an attempt to cover Patton's rear in Gaungzhou and, eventually and after receiving reinforcements, meet up with Lockwood when he landed in Haiphong. Lockwood, in the meantime, would focus on holding the line in Haiphong, a crucial job seeing as the forces moving east from Burma had already reached Jinghong, leaving only the province of Wenshan standing between them and a link up with Lockwood and the complete encirclement of Indochina. The advance to close this final hole was already underway
2m3o3ty.jpg

Soon after, another landing attempt is made by general Shepard at Xiamen. However, unlike the others, this one meets with significant resistance. After what appeared to be good progress initially, the attack flounders and Shepard is forced to call off the advance.
1fazb.jpg

All memories of this are soon forgotten, however, in the wake of another, much more fortuitous event. The encirclement of Indochina is finally completed, but in an unexpected place. As it happens, the advance on Luang Prabang is completed before the Americans manage to seize Wenshan.
73nxg9.jpg

What this means is that many Japanese forces and one of their only two remaining allies forces are now trapped in Indochina and will be unable to help defend China, where everyone knows the decisive battle will be. The first part of the Americans plan seems to have gone off without a hitch. Now all that remained to be seen is whether the rest of there plan will go as smoothly.

There you have it. My first update in months. I apologize for the wait and hope that it was worth it. The demand on my time with school has really picked up and I am finding less and less time to write this, as one update can take hours to write and I simply do not have that kind of time that much any more. I will try to update when I can but rest assured, I remain committed as ever to finishing this.

Now it's time to bring down the great Japanese dragon. Nuke time *cough cough*

We don't mind Nathan! Also, let me say how happy this update makes me! I'm excited about writing more Erich Ritter and Jochaim Krenz funtimes!

Also, let me say how happy this update makes me! I'm excited about writing more Erich Ritter and Jochaim Krenz funtimes!

Oh, you should. They give this AAR that extra something. :)