Hello! I am Lighthearter. Memorize the name. It shall be important later.
This is Crossroads of Destiny. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, Realpolitik is a type of AAR created by the great TRP where you, the forumites, create political parties and then vote in elections to swear in a ruling party/coalition for the nation. This ruler could seize the reins of power and rule with an iron fist or chose to form a senate of all parties, so vote wisely.
All parties will respond to issues presented by the game host (Lighthearter), and the ruling party will either put their policy into action or heed the advice of other parties and figures and follow their course. Again, chose wisely, for bad decisions or strong opposition on the forums to the ruler could lead to me penalizing our nation in-game.
I(we) am playing the USA on the Kaiserreich mod.
No other modifications are used. I will be the first leader and the first elections will come in June 1936.
Here are the rules:
- I as host reserve the right to veto any action any player wishes to undertake: To consolidate the stability of the AAR, to stop interference with the normal functioning of the thread or simply because I feel like it. Don't mess with The Man.
- Rule #1 of Realpolitik: Democracy is absolute. Even when the Nazis or communists are elected into office, they will still have to answer to the opposition and face elections every year.
- Any member is free to establish or join a political party of his choice. A member can only be member of one party at a time, although he is free to switch allegiance whenever he sees fit.
- On Political Parties: there are now some more limitations and options placed upon them then TRP has yet envisioned. Every party must claim a Home City where they rule - the same city cannot be claimed by two parties. The city immediately receives 5 IC, 2 infra and 2 MP. The national capital (Washington DC) can never be claimed as a Home City.
- I am going to ask everyone to use their own nicknames at all times when playing or in story updates they write. This is to avoid confusion.
- Every in-game year an election shall be held, the first election will be in about one-two weeks. During the week(s), I'll grant the right to all parties to organize, unite and campaign to get as many people as they can to vote. Note that everyone registered on the Paradox forums is eligible to vote.
- Parties are allowed to form coalitions. At the end of an election, all votes are tallied and the party or coalition with the largest % of votes wins the election.
- The parties that did not win will be sent to opposition, where they can comment on the policy of the leading faction. I will monitor opposition closely, and the leading players have to understand that failing to appease the public will lead to me penalizing America in-game (dissent, division loss, damage to provinces). It is therefore very important to listen to the public, who can demand re-elections as well.
- If the opposition is strong enough, they can call for a General Strike, a Desertion From the Front, or if things get REALLY ugly, an Armed Revolution,
- The winning party or coalition will come into office the in-game update after the elections. They will have to put forward four leading figures for the government: A president, vice-president, military minister and domestic minister. These four people, backed up by their party members, will be responsible for making decisions in-game. I will PM/call for in the thread the leader personally before each play session, where he has to dictate to me the course the US takes. You can place others in government as well, up to a maximum of ten people.
- An independent(non-party) can run for any position save that of the President/Vice-President of the Republic. To run for office, simply state as much in the thread.
- You may write story updates if you wish that center on the events occurring currently in the game, but depending on the situation you may be asked to move the story to another thread. This is the keep the thread clear.
- Every reader (including players) has two votes in the elections. Putting in two votes for a single party is not allowed. However, if parties want to play it smart they'll seek coalition with a like-minded party so players can put two votes into their front.
- The host (Lighthearter) retains full rights to ban any party that has violated these rules. Spamming parties, parties using a complaint generator, parties inciting hate, parties that are found obtrusive for the normal functioning of this thread and parties that just flat out get on my nerves will be banned from the elections indefinitely.
- Please refrain from PMing me for every Realpolitik-related issue. Alternatives are using the profile visitor comments, or simple commenting in the thread.
- You cannot change your vote once it is cast, but you can withdraw your party from a coalition and join another one mid-elections.
- If you do not hold a governmental position at the moment, you may Enlist in the US Armed Forces - your character will start at rank 2(Lt. General/Vice Admiral) with 2 Skill and 3 traits that you may choose. If you choose "Old Guard" you start with twenty XP. You may exchange a trait for either 3 skill or 30 experience. You must also supply me with a picture or give me an existing picture to give your character.
- By voting, joining a party or performing any other form of interaction with this AAR, you declare that you have read and understood these rules to the letter. I don't want to be a jerk guys, so keep it clean!
That about sums it up. I'll reserve one post after this for the party listing and one after that for the ruling entities/election status, then feel free to post parties or go independent and simply comment.