Ye know the Law--ye know the Law. Look well, O Wolves!" - WW Micro Games discussion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade!

20 Years on Paradox.
59 Badges
Apr 27, 2001
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Council of Wolves, it has been requested;

Since the micro games have the potential to "spam-flood" this forum, it has been suggested that just one thread is devoted to these games. So is it possible for you to merge the 'WWM I: Werewolf Micro' and 'WWM II: Micro Returns' threads, and renaming it to 'Werewolf Micro Thread' or something similar? ...

"Who speaks for this idea or any idea regarding these Micro Games?" said Blade!.

"Among the Free People who speaks as to what we should do in all aspects of Micro games, not just the merging issue?"

My ideas:

- Have 2 Micro game threads. One with all the games, one that is only updated when a new micro game starts.

- Don't allow players playing in Lite to play in micro games. However, once 24 (or 12) hours have passed since sign ups began, then all players should be accepted. This is to reflect the intent of micro games, their speed.

I have forwarded this council to the general thread, and the current micro game in case someone missed the Blade!phone link.

I am in favor of a Micro game being dependant on a Lite game. I.E. A micro game starts with the first five people killed in Lite, and then the two games will finish about the same time and you start the cycle again.

I would make it all one thread or just stop wasting time with such a pointless setup. If you are going to play them though, then at least make it a single thread.

I am in favor of a Micro game being dependant on a Lite game. I.E. A micro game starts with the first five people killed in Lite, and then the two games will finish about the same time and you start the cycle again.

No.
Why should only killed players in Lite be allowed to play micro? That's a useless idea in my opinion. In the time of one Lite game, 2 micro games can easily be played.

This

No.
Why should only killed players in Lite be allowed to play micro? That's a useless idea in my opinion. In the time of one Lite game, 2 micro games can easily be played.

One reason for the micro is to give dead lite players something to do. And this will help with the 2 lite rule and 'spam-flooding'

Merge threads but I do not understand why there should be two of them.. I mean you can just look at the ongoing game and deduct when a new game is going to start.. I mean if 48 hours is tops it's a lot shorter then a Big-WW signup?? Since 5 people is the maximum the slots will be filled by the time you see a post in the new game thread..
Or am I missing something obvious? Could very well be with my below-average intelligence :D.

I also want to put in a request for Blade! to put on his wolf-costume and join us in a game soon.. Not that he would be hunted or lynched the first day.. Not at all;)..

One reason for the micro is to give dead lite players something to do. And this will help with the 2 lite rule and 'spam-flooding'

What if the dead Lite players don't want to play micro? Then micro will just lag behind, and be discarded soon enough.

Merge threads but I do not understand why there should be two of them.. I mean you can just look at the ongoing game and deduct when a new game is going to start.. I mean if 48 hours is tops it's a lot shorter then a Big-WW signup?? Since 5 people is the maximum the slots will be filled by the time you see a post in the new game thread..
Or am I missing something obvious? Could very well be with my below-average intelligence :D.

I also want to put in a request for Blade! to put on his wolf-costume and join us in a game soon.. Not that he would be hunted or lynched the first day.. Not at all;)..

Because players also discuss in the thread. How would you know if a new post is a new game, or just a discussion item in the current game? A new "New WWM Game is up!" thread would be useful in that case.

Also, if the micro games are linked to the lite games, people could post in the Lite game when five persons are dead and just say '5 dead, micro setting up'

What if the dead Lite players don't want to play micro? Then micro will just lag behind, and be discarded soon enough.

If a couple players don't want to play, you wait until 5 are dead that do want to play. It may lag behind a bit, but since Lite games vary from anywhere to 4 days to 7-9 days long, it'll all even out.

If a couple players don't want to play, you wait until 5 are dead that do want to play. It may lag behind a bit, but since Lite games vary from anywhere to 4 days to 7-9 days long, it'll all even out.

But because micro games are so short, there is no need to tie them to Lite games. Just start a new one every time the last micro game ended. The dead Lite players can then join in, and the longest waiting period would maybe be 3 days.

But because micro games are so short, there is no need to tie them to Lite games. Just start a new one every time the last micro game ended. The dead Lite players can then join in, and the longest waiting period would maybe be 3 days.

You just contradicted yourself there. You say "don't tie it in to the Lite games" just "start it then let dead Lite players join".

That's the same thing, Oliver.

Is it only me or is it funny how the oppressed become the opressors..
In OT there were serious complains about WW-ing "spam-flooding" the forum.
And now the discussion comes up again but in our own little corner of the world..:)
I find it hilarious...

You just contradicted yourself there. You say "don't tie it in to the Lite games" just "start it then let dead Lite players join".

That's the same thing, Oliver.

No, it isn't. Tieing it to Lite games, at least as I understood it, means that once there are 5 dead Lite players, a new micro games starts. However, my suggestion is that a new micro game starts straight after the last one ends, similar as with Lite games. This means also players that don't play Lite can join, however of course also dead Lite players can join.

My ideas:

- Have 2 Micro game threads. One with all the games, one that is only updated when a new micro game starts.

- Don't allow players playing in Lite to play in micro games. However, once 24 (or 12) hours have passed since sign ups began, then all players should be accepted. This is to reflect the intent of micro games, their speed.

I second both motions, but I want to stress that the waiting time should be 24 hours. If in the future sign-ups go too fast, and always the same people, we might make new rules.

So I want to reserve the right to re-discuss the sign-up later.

No. The cycle is completely different, and should remain so, by virtue of both games having different lengths.

I would make it all one thread or just stop wasting time with such a pointless setup. If you are going to play them though, then at least make it a single thread.

Actually, it is not rel pointless. I read the first game, and it was enjoyable. Tactics are quite different, so it's good for the variation.

I support the notion of 1 thread for the game itself, but we need a second thread for announcements and perhaps the player list of the current game (or a link to the post in the main thread holding that list).

Status
Not open for further replies.