LEGIO - unable to register on forum or run the game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(209649)

Recruit
5 Badges
Jun 5, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Legio
  • Majesty 2
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
LEGIO - unable to run the game

Hi there,

Could one of the moderators please move this thread to the Legio forum? I've registered my copy of Legio in My Games/Registrations. The game shows up as successfully registered, but I still don't have any posting rights on its forum.

I can't run Legio.

- I've installed the XNA framework 3.1, .NET framework 2.0, 3.5 4.0 and their respective service packs;
- Used the XNA framework cleaner and did a clean install;
- I've got the latest version of DX;
- I've tried changing compatibility;
- Got latest graphics card drivers (ATI HD 4850);
- Tried copying the .dlls in Legio folder to System32;

Still getting this every time I try to run the game:

4681923234_6b6569c034_o.jpg

I've sent a PM to ICE-Jontti 3 days ago -- no reply.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
LEGIO @ Jontti

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum the second time. To reiterate, for some reason, I don't have posting rights on the Legio forum despite having bought the game. I can't reply to the original topic since it was moved.

@ICE-Jontti

Thank you for your reply. I'm attaching dxdiag.txt to this message.

-Michael

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    51,3 KB · Views: 207
Apologies for posting in the wrong forum the second time. To reiterate, for some reason, I don't have posting rights on the Legio forum despite having bought the game. I can't reply to the original topic since it was moved.

@ICE-Jontti

-Michael

I'll ask Kallocain to look into why you can't post in this forum but others, she's back tomorrow.

Kind regards
Susana Meza

@ICE-Jontti

-Michael

Are you sure you havn't accidently tirned off any windows features to boost your computer? Just asking...

I will try this on a similar machine tonight and hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow.

Thanks Kallocain!

I'm going to repost the message that I posted in the Majesty forums before Kallocain fixed my posting rights.

Hi!

I've used ATI Catalyst Control Centre to pinpoint the error event.

This is the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911816

Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error
Event ID: 5000

EventType clr20r3, P1 legio.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4bdea42c, P4 legio, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 4bdea42c, P7 38c, P8 47, P9 system.nullreferenceexception, P10 NIL.

It appears that the error has to do with the coding -- all the solutions I've found so far involve programming.

http://runtingsproper.blogspot.com/2...e-clr20r3.html

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tess/archive...27/584927.aspx

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=534929

Looking for a hotfix that might help with this.

-Michael

[EDIT] Some additional steps that I've taken:
- Installed .NET framework 1.1;
- Installed all high priority automatic updates and everything even vaguely related to .NET frameworks;

Still the same error.

Bummed. Out.

Last edited:
Now I have tested the on the same hardaware without any problems in Windows XP, Vista and 7 (all of them in both 32 and 64 bit)...

I'm still trying to sort this and reproduce your error but without the crash it's hard to debug.

While waiting try instead of installing dfferent versions of .NET Framwork download the .NET Framwork 3.5 (latest SP) and it will install and repair all previous versions of .NET Framwork.

Then try to manually install XNA framework 3.1 again by downloading it from the Microsoft homepage.

I'll keep you posted of the progress...

Hey Jontti,

Have you had any luck? I've tried reinstalling the XNA framework, but to no avail. ):

I'll give doing a clean install of .NET framework 2.0 another go over the weekend.

-Michael

@kidd27 Have you tried all the suggestions made in this thread? Have a look at this one also: LINK.