• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(210029)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 8, 2010
  • East India Company
It seems to have started after application of Designer's Cut.

AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core 2.3GHz
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768Mb RAM
RealTek High Definition Audio (sound chip is on mainboard)

All components have most recent drivers. I have been playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on this machine with zero dropped frames and screaming performance/visuals/sound.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the EIC software to no avail after reinstalling latest driver sets.

Please help, the game used to be awesome but now it's not worth playing at all.

Thanks,

-cs

Last edited:
Please tell more about the actual problem you're having with the game. Is there any specific situation where the crash occurs?

Have you patched the Designer's Cut: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450463

The most routine crash is after a naval battle where you've just closed the screen that allows you to create a new fleet, transfer cargo, etc. Upon closing that screen the game crashes at least half the time. Then the sinister, meaningless Windows error "EIC has had a problem and needs to close" dialogue box pops up.

However, I'm getting crashes at many of the transition screens - battle/auto-resolve, closing messages, closing the diplomacy screen, etc.

I had not to this point patched the DC, but will do so right now.

Thanks,

-cs

For me the night battles cause the most crashes.
The crash usually happens when enemy ship has lost all sails and I shoot it with grapeshot....
and then crash....
I played east india company and pirate bay as well, and I don't remember this kind of crash problem with them.
( my D.C. is v1.12)

For me the night battles cause the most crashes.
The crash usually happens when enemy ship has lost all sails and I shoot it with grapeshot....
and then crash....
I played east india company and pirate bay as well, and I don't remember this kind of crash problem with them.
( my D.C. is v1.12)

Which version/addon are you playing?

I play designer's cut (v 1.12)
I really like it, it would be more playable than the original EIC, just some technical problems need to be fixed

I had sometimes crash after the battle, with the loot sceen (just want to move some goods to my fleet or create a new fleet and then crash...)

I play designer's cut (v 1.12)
I really like it, it would be more playable than the original EIC, just some technical problems need to be fixed

I had sometimes crash after the battle, with the loot sceen (just want to move some goods to my fleet or create a new fleet and then crash...)

This is a very routine crash for me as well.

I've given up

This is the only game on my system that crashes routinely like this. Very shoddy quality, very poor testing.

When I went to the trouble of filing a ticket, I was told, 'install the latest patch' as if I hadn't done that already (and uninstalled...and reinstalled).

Last Paradox Interactive game I'm buying.

Caveat Emptor.

Also same for me

Keeps crashing - mostly so far after battle when I have to do my looting...

Guess another $40 fail here....and even if you have your drivers, latest patches, etc up to date you cannot escape crappy testing of the coding

Same info:

1.12 Game from Steam Download

(Seems most of my steam downloads are not all they are cracked up to be - may consider dumping this program and going back to normal retail store buying of games - cant be any worse than a totally buggy game that Steam is selling from the makers)