Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Routine crashing making it unplayable

  1. #1

    Routine crashing making it unplayable

    It seems to have started after application of Designer's Cut.

    AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core 2.3GHz
    EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768Mb RAM
    RealTek High Definition Audio (sound chip is on mainboard)

    All components have most recent drivers. I have been playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on this machine with zero dropped frames and screaming performance/visuals/sound.

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the EIC software to no avail after reinstalling latest driver sets.

    Please help, the game used to be awesome but now it's not worth playing at all.

    Thanks,

    -cs
    Last edited by clownshoes; 09-06-2010 at 01:49. Reason: typo

  2. #2
    Nitro Games Samppa's Avatar
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    399
    Please tell more about the actual problem you're having with the game. Is there any specific situation where the crash occurs?

    Have you patched the Designer's Cut: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=450463

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Samppa View Post
    Please tell more about the actual problem you're having with the game. Is there any specific situation where the crash occurs?

    Have you patched the Designer's Cut: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=450463
    The most routine crash is after a naval battle where you've just closed the screen that allows you to create a new fleet, transfer cargo, etc. Upon closing that screen the game crashes at least half the time. Then the sinister, meaningless Windows error "EIC has had a problem and needs to close" dialogue box pops up.

    However, I'm getting crashes at many of the transition screens - battle/auto-resolve, closing messages, closing the diplomacy screen, etc.

    I had not to this point patched the DC, but will do so right now.

    Thanks,

    -cs

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clownshoes View Post
    I had not to this point patched the DC, but will do so right now.
    Thanks, but no joy. About 20 minutes in the game crashed after an auto resolved battle. This was with a new game, not a save.

    -cs

  5. #5
    For me the night battles cause the most crashes.
    The crash usually happens when enemy ship has lost all sails and I shoot it with grapeshot....
    and then crash....
    I played east india company and pirate bay as well, and I don't remember this kind of crash problem with them.
    ( my D.C. is v1.12)

  6. #6
    Nitro Games Samppa's Avatar
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani View Post
    For me the night battles cause the most crashes.
    The crash usually happens when enemy ship has lost all sails and I shoot it with grapeshot....
    and then crash....
    I played east india company and pirate bay as well, and I don't remember this kind of crash problem with them.
    ( my D.C. is v1.12)
    Which version/addon are you playing?

  7. #7
    I play designer's cut (v 1.12)
    I really like it, it would be more playable than the original EIC, just some technical problems need to be fixed

    I had sometimes crash after the battle, with the loot sceen (just want to move some goods to my fleet or create a new fleet and then crash...)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jani View Post
    I play designer's cut (v 1.12)
    I really like it, it would be more playable than the original EIC, just some technical problems need to be fixed

    I had sometimes crash after the battle, with the loot sceen (just want to move some goods to my fleet or create a new fleet and then crash...)
    This is a very routine crash for me as well.

  9. #9

    I've given up

    This is the only game on my system that crashes routinely like this. Very shoddy quality, very poor testing.

    When I went to the trouble of filing a ticket, I was told, 'install the latest patch' as if I hadn't done that already (and uninstalled...and reinstalled).

    Last Paradox Interactive game I'm buying.

    Caveat Emptor.

  10. #10
    Private Dyderich's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12

    Also same for me

    Keeps crashing - mostly so far after battle when I have to do my looting...

    Guess another $40 fail here....and even if you have your drivers, latest patches, etc up to date you cannot escape crappy testing of the coding


    Same info:

    1.12 Game from Steam Download

    (Seems most of my steam downloads are not all they are cracked up to be - may consider dumping this program and going back to normal retail store buying of games - cant be any worse than a totally buggy game that Steam is selling from the makers)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts