• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(162341)

de Vauban
Sep 4, 2009
Why are you doing this to me Paradox?

Yes, semper-Fi isi good, very good .

But I installed and noticed that all pictures for models are again generic,but now in the way that absolutely no one picture of model is correct.
I am playing Germany and one single german unit model isnt there.

Then I tried to use Major nations Immersion mod,which I used in HOI III, but game crashes when I use this graphic mod.
Its incompatible with Semper and I must wait for someone to deliver semper-Fi compatible graphic mod.

Why?One single damn picture of german model for tank, infantry..
Why dont you include as appendinx of sprite pack..?
I will PAY for model pictures if needed...

I simply cant play, I cant swallow T 34 as panzer III, and japan or italian militia beating some chinese peasants(it looks to me like that) as model picture for german AA brigade....
Has anyone tried some other graphic for Semper-Fi?
..................................................................................................................................................

EDITED 8 hours after:

Ok, I closed my eyes for fiew hours to refresh after the D-Night.

Now I actualy play S-F,I must be honest.

Now I feel sad I strike in first dawn of release making accent on relatively minor graphic problem.
But I realy need that for immersion,and is,anintentionaly I am sure, even worse than in original HOI III.

Maybee I am not fair,those guys from Paradox made great effort,and one is clearly observable,Semper-Fi game generaly is great improvement.
Its totaly different game..and though being critic,to anyone who reads this and who didnt obtain S-F, I only can recommend it.

Exactly becouse of this ,problem adressed in this thread became more prominent,maybe actualy stayed one of the fiew last ansolved problems?
It could be,Semper realy is mighty.

I see King sad they will work on the problem,and other officals to in the meantime noted the problem:)

Last edited:
Are you talking about the sprites? That they're all generic now? Is it possible to simply reload the sprites from HoI3 original? And did you try a complete new installation of HoI 3 plus expansion plus the mod you wish to try?

If not the sprites, do you mean the pictures in the technology folder?

Are you talking about the sprites? That they're all generic now? Is it possible to simply reload the sprites from HoI3 original? And did you try a complete new installation of HoI 3 plus expansion plus the mod you wish to try?

If not the sprites, do you mean the pictures in the technology folder?

Black-white small photos of units.....

No he talk about the pic u see when checking for info on a unit or decide to build one. This is asked for from hoi3 relase but ignored. Wow I really looking forward to this addon. Not.

No he talk about the pic u see when checking for info on a unit or decide to build one. This is asked for from hoi3 relase but ignored. Wow I really looking forward to this addon. Not.

x2

I suppose that not a single leader has been added to historically solve the cronic lack of military leaders, despite thousands of names,pictures and careers are available in different places through the web. Hope Im wrong on this one, but Im not at all optimistic

*shrug* Don't know what else to say then, other than just wait for the modders to catch up. Shouldn't take them long though - probably a few days to link pics to files.

*shrug* Don't know what else to say then, other than just wait for the modders to catch up. Shouldn't take them long though - probably a few days to link pics to files.

I tried Major nation immersion pack(worked well in HOI III) and it freezed my computer,I needed to reset computer, it freezed everything.

I tried Major nation immersion pack(worked well in HOI III) and it freezed my computer,I needed to reset computer, it freezed everything.

Again: Did you reinstall HoI3, then install SF, then install the mod? I'm not saying that will work as I don't have SF, but seems to me SF overwrites alot of stuff that MNIP would need to work right. It also has been par for the course that each new HoI3 addition mucks things up if you're a mod user. Its just better to reinstall, reinstall, reinstall. Hence why I keep a vanilla copy of HoI3 (with current patches) in another folder on my hard drive. Delete mod-encrusted HoI3, copy/paste new version...viola!:D

Again: Did you reinstall HoI3, then install SF, then install the mod? I'm not saying that will work as I don't have SF, but seems to me SF overwrites alot of stuff that MNIP would need to work right. It also has been par for the course that each new HoI3 addition mucks things up if you're a mod user. Its just better to reinstall, reinstall, reinstall. Hence why I keep a vanilla copy of HoI3 (with current patches) in another folder on my hard drive. Delete mod-encrusted HoI3, copy/paste new version...viola!:D

Fresh new HOI III, Fresh New S-F- and than Major Nations immersion mod...

No ,dont work believe me.

But thats not the problem here,guys will modiffy it for Semper.Fi..

Problem is how they can make such game with generic russian tank(bad quality pic!) as German model etc...

Ok, so you did try the best thing you could do. Until modders "fix" this issue for you, you've only got 2 choices as I see it.

1) Don't play the game until the modders come riding to your rescue. Shouldn't be long - like I said in another post they've got the pics, they just need to link them now to the correct file names.

2) Play the game, covering your eyes every time you click on a unit. :p :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I beleive that this is the first SF complaint thread!

Good to see its for something as inane as unit pictures, game must be in a pretty good state for that to be the most pressing thing on peoples minds.

This problem exists since the release of HOI3, and yes is it annoying Paradox has to intention to fix it. Now just wait for the update vision of mod.

Guys dont be anfair, I called intentionaly thread a "minor problem".

And I aclaimed Semper-Fi.

Game is good, but I cant involve myself in game enviroment looking on horror.

Its worse than in HOI III,why I dont know.Its simply worse, in HOI III at least I had wrong german tank pic, now is russian pre-war tank instead german....

And, like it or not,this exactly is one of the fiew,and maybee one single issue noted before that has not being solved,actualy worsened.

If it is all solved in SF, than stayes this issue, lets stick it

THat has got be the one of the silliest reasons to not like a game. The picture is wrong so its a horrible game? Guess doesn't matter it works good and plays good.

*rolls eyes*

THat has got be the one of the silliest reasons to not like a game. The picture is wrong so its a horrible game? Guess doesn't matter it works good and plays good.

*rolls eyes*

Well I realy dont know why I deserved
this rection from you sir.

Did I tell game is horrible,proove it,where did I tell this?

I adressed specific problem,and since those pictures are in game, they have a purpouse .

Or you want to say those pictures have no purpose???

If they have no purpose,than lets remove them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.