please paradox don't publish another steam only game ever again

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a multiplayer oriented game so the steam platform was best suited for it.
Everyone gets access to updates at same time. Easier to keep track of friends?

My only sadness is that i still don't have the icon.:(

I always want to support paradox. and this looked like a neat game. but.. the hell :(

Well, if the developer really want to do a Steam release, we would not want to force them to do something else. I don't even think we could. We can take it up to discussion, but ultimately, it will always be up to the developer.

I didnt buy the game because it is for sale only on steam... and i hate steam. HATE!

Well, if the developer really want to do a Steam release, we would not want to force them to do something else. I don't even think we could. We can take it up to discussion, but ultimately, it will always be up to the developer.

Also, just to build on that, Lead & Gold was a pretty unique release. It's always our ambition to be present on as many distribution channels as possible but the devs decided early on (for many reasons) that it would be in their best interest to do a Steam only release and we came late into the process. However, you do have another outlet via PSN for this title.

In summary, you will see more games from us releasing on Steam. But as far as I know, we don't have any more Steam exclusive releases planned.

Kind regards
Susana Meza

I dont understand what the big problem with steam is? That you have to run their client at any given time? Ok but with that comes their whole support which is perfect for a multiplayergame like Lead and Gold.

Iam not even close a steam/valve fanboy but its become better than lets say around the time Half Life 2 was released. God that was some buggy crap.
And with the UI update things like downloadtime actually work. Oh and of course all those independent games that would never ever exist without steam.

All this however does not change the fact that valve has the ability to tell a story in a game like a retarded stone. A stupid retarded stone. But this has nothing to do with steam. :)

As long as they keep the Grand Strategy games like EU and Hearts of Iron off of steam then i'm happy....

Usa gamersgate for Hearts of Iron, Victoria etc. Much better. Steam is a really bad, and i mean REALLY bad, platform to release any type of strategy game on.

This thread needs locked.

Agreed - I'm locking this thread. All has pretty much been said. We'll continue to strive to make our games available everywhere, and you'll continue to use your freedom as consumers and buy it where you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.