• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The thing is, it would probably be smashed by the USN as soon as I built it :rofl: (That is, if they're even patrolling down there). I think I'll continue to just pump all my IC into land forces, considering almost all of my men are currently guarding ports :/ (Thanks to Sorzando's orders ;D)

This is very intriguing. I tried a similar venture a week ago with Argentina and had some success (on easy difficulty, haha). I conquered Uruguay, Paraguay, and even your Bolivia ;), then it was time for Chile, which gave me more trouble. But I conquered them. However, then I noticed a substantial force of US troops had landed in central Chile and I had to fight the US for a year before finally defeating the last pockets of resistance not far from Buenos Aires.

From there, I conquered Peru, but while I was doing this, another force of US troops arrived in Chile (shame on me for not guarding the ports...). And with the majority of my troops up fighting a surprisingly resilient Peruvian army, the US made substantial gains. I eventually defeated Peru, but by the time my forces could return south, it was too little, too late. The majority of my army was based around militia (I needed forces cheaply and quickly), so that didn't stack up well against a well-trained US Army. I also was troubled with revolutions popping up frequently in the countries I had annexed into Argentina.

But I just got this game a few weeks ago, so all is well. I actually had a lot of success with Japan on medium difficulty the other day, beating the Russians in Siberia (while the Germans steamrolled them in the east). However, I got bogged down in Burma in the British with WWI-like trench warfare with neither side able to get enough supplies to the front line to mount a successful assault, which is where I'm still at in January 1946 (although Persia invaded India and the Suez with German help). I built Fortress Japan with tons of garrisons all throughout Japan preventing it from being overtaken by the Americans (who are currently in Iwo Jima).

Anyways, now that I've gotten this way off topic, it's time to complete my post, I guess. :D

BTW, is this on Semper Fi or just the 1.4 patch version of the game? I'm considering downloading Semper Fi soon.

superjames1992: Yeah, keeping the ports secured in South America when you're not allied with US needs to take top priority (Believe me, I found that out in a trial run of Bolivia :p) Unfortunately, I haven't done many games with Japan so I'm not sure I can be of much help on that stalemate :( I do not have Semper Fi, this is on 1.4. Cheers! :)