• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once the nation had stabilized from the disturbances of war, Sorzando decided that to help his nation become stronger, more industry should be constructed while manpower was at a low so that when more men were ready, more machines of war could be turned out quicker.

hoi396.jpg

On the 12th of June, a shocking message was brought from the Diplomat of the United Kingdom... They wished for Bolivia to join their alliance. After heavy debating, the heads of the nation decided that it was in their best interests to join the alliance - after all, it would prevent America from intervening in their wars, and that was the largest fear-factor of all. So within the day, the diplomat in the United Kingdom was informed that Bolivia would in fact be accepting the invitation and joining the alliance.

hoi399.jpg

Soon after, more industry construction began, as the manpower had still not grown due to the need to reinforce the glorious Bolivian Army after the failed First War of the Ports.

hoi3100.jpg

The Heads of the nation came together on July 22nd. Sorzando had ordered the meeting to convey exciting news to his cabinet. The men talked quietly as they waited for their Supreme Commander to arrive. Some suggested that it would be aid from the United Kingdom to help modernize the nation in an attempt to prepare them to be a respectable force in case of war in Europe, which was beginning to look like a possibility. Others guessed that Chile or Peru might be handing over ports to appease the nation and help stabilize their neighbor's economy. Sorzando stepped in the room as the men stood and saluted.

"I'm sure you all are curious what the big news is. Well, as you all know, we have made great leaps in the equipment we give to our infantry soldiers. We also have reinforced from the *First* War of the Ports." He paused, as the men had a confused look at his emphasis of the word "First". He turned to his Foreign Relations Minister. "Tell Chile we will not be halted this time." He then ordered his men to prep for war, and ordered Kundt to follow the same general strategy as the previous assault, except for a complete bypass of the northernmost desert in hopes of striking quicker.

hoi3101.jpg

Unfortunately, the United States held strong in its protection of Chile from invasion, and declared war upon all allies of Bolivia, which brought the whole alliance system developed by the United Kingdom and France into the fray. This time, there would be no turning back from total war. The allies were dead-set on destroying the nation that had dared to make the move to declare war upon them all...

The Bolivians struck rapidly and with no mercy. Battle after battle was won quickly and with minimal Bolivian losses.

hoi3104j.jpg

hoi3112.jpg

Soon, the Bolivian forces came upon the same region where they had been halted and turned back to Bolivia at in the First War of the Ports. This time, the men had the taste of defeat in their mouths, and fought with great fervor from the start, but would it be enough?

hoi3114.jpg

As the fighting in South America raged onwards, horrible news came from the North... America had completely conquered the nation of Canada in weeks.

hoi3115.jpg

This victory began to put the fighting in perspective for the allies. Unfortunately for somebody, and no telling who, the United States had declared war on all the allies of the United Kingdom because of the war with Chile. All the alliance hoped that America would come to its senses, but it held strong to its war against the "oppressors" of the Alliance. The world held its breath as tensions escalated higher and higher, because one oppressed nation of South America had wanted to help its people and open ports for trade. Sorzando looked out his window and wondered if all of it was worth it. The children in the streets looked happy alright, but as he gazed at the boys playing outside in the early Spring sun (Note: Southern Hemisphere, this is kind of spring :) ), he realized that the happiness, idylicness, and smiles would be washed away in a matter of years if the war perpetuated... But even seeing the boys who would one day die for him, he still had not quenched his thirst for conquest, even if he did attain victory in Chile.

I have yet to play HoI 3 or any hoi game. But I just got it today and I have been reading your AAR and it makes me want to try playing as a micro power now and see how far I can get.

Keep it up man I really enjoy your writing style.

Yes it will schwarzhelm :p:p
Super_Cat: Glad I could provide inspiration, and glad you like my writing style :D
Jemisi: Oh, it was definitely worth Canada, I have port access now! :p They shall be liberated one day, I hope. I'm thinking the US isn't going to come and demolish me. My hope is the UK will at least keep the AI busy and concentrated there.

The fighting in La Sarena slogged on for nearly two weeks. Slowly, hope in victory began to mount, and on September 6th, the triumphant forces finally had a solid occupation of the area.

hoi3118.jpg

The battle of Huascos raged onwards against the heavily entrenched Chileans. High command decided that not all forces needed to be committed to rooting out the encircled forces, so while the attack pressed onwards, divisions were sent south to continue the movement to the capital of Chile.

hoi3121.jpg

As the advancing forces pressed onwards with their capture of Illapel, Bolivia finally achieved the victory it had been dreaming of. The complete destruction of the Chilean forces at Huascos. Having destroyed a large piece of the Chilean army, the Bolivian army pressed onwards with newfound fervor. The stage was set for Sorzando to finally realize his dream of total conquest of Chile.

hoi3124.jpg

Victory seemed guaranteed in Illapel, and the Chilean forces were finally routed. It would only be a 'hop, skip and a jump' to Santiago from there. One more division arrived to vainly attempt to slow the Bolivian 'steamroller', but it was rapidly crushed under the heavy weight of the triumphant forces.

hoi3127.jpg

On October 12th, 1937, the assault Sorzando had dreamed of was launched. The assault of Santiago.

hoi3130.jpg

Although the situation looked rough for the advancing Bolivian forces, rays of hope began to shine. Slowly but surely, Chilean forces began to withdraw from the city, even though it might mean the complete control of Chile by Bolivia. It seemed the people of Chile were tired of their oppressive regime, and wished to be "liberated". Only the most radical soldiers stayed to fight a battle they knew was lost. The most elite and ferocious forces of Chile - the Mountainous Division.

hoi3136.jpg

Finally, on the 24th of October, the Armed Forces and Government of Chile withdrew from their beloved capital of Santiago, and the Bolivian Forces victoriously marched in.

hoi3137.jpg

Finally, three days later, on the Twenty-Seventh of October, Nineteen-Thirty-Seven, the government of Chile sent a diplomat to the Bolivian embassy, and a peace agreement was reached - involving the complete annexation of Chile by Bolivia. Finally, the Second War of the Ports was over, and the bloodshed could end.

hoi3142.jpg

With the Ports of Chile, and the rest of the land, under Bolivian control, Sorzando was pleased, but still he was not content. He wished for the world to respect Bolivia as a nation that could hold its own. It might take extensive work, but he was willing to sweat, bleed, even die for it.

What kind of crazy scheme will Sorzando devise next to further the Bolivian cause of South American Unity? Stay tuned to find out in the next installment of BoliviAAR - From Third World to Power!​

I played a Bolivia game myself but I made a fatal mistake.
I attacked Peru and I didn't make it to the second port in time,
resulting in an US intervention and the end of my Bolivia:eek:o.

I guess you will do better than me :) Keep writing it is very good.

What's your next goal? War against Argentina? Or will the victorious Bolivians join the fighting in North America? Either way I am HOOKED!!

richard45364: I was able to do pretty well once before in a game I played, so I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst :)

Jemisi: Very good :D

Coola: I'm considering either Peru or Argentina. I don't have any transports or navy to support an assault on N.A., so that won't work. Guess you'll have to wait to find out! OoooOooOooohHhHhhhh the suspense :eek::rofl:

:eek:

I don't believe it. Somehow, Bolivia has completely changed the course of history. I love it. :rofl: