• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sernaton

Captain
52 Badges
Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Stellaris
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Legio
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I just got this game on the weekend - I was looking for something "brainy", and still quick, as I have unfortunately little time these days for long games.

I like this game. Simple and elegant, and fun. 15 minute games, and not easy at all. It is quite addictive too, I want to experiment with different combination of pieces, and try to figure out which one work better together.

I was wondering if anybody knows what makes the higher difficulty levels more difficult? Is it the accuracy of the AI, or is it really smarter in how it plays the game?

Oh yeah, there were some nice ideas. I hope you will earn some money with Legio to you have some budget to improve it. I think this game deserves it.

@all readers: Go and buy this game! For only ten bucks it is really worth it.

I think he has a copy! How else would he have been able to answer all the tech related questions? Maybe he just didn't get to registering his copy of Legio on the forums.

irony.jpg

Add camera angle changing.
And speedy mode as the default.
Whether the defender of the castle grounds (2nd battle) can win?
Rules for blocking the view for archers are not clear.

Very good points. Although I like the slow mode as default, the rest I agree.

I also have never lived that the defender on the second battle ever won (usually me, btw). I think that knowing the terrain is not advantage enough.

Another idea I had yesterday playing is to provide the possibility of alternate buying of pieces. Red buys a mage, blue buys an archer, red buys a warrior, etc. That makes it less random outcome.

Another idea: on the second battle the defender could select his pieces AFTER seeing what the attacker chose - that would help make the defensive phase more interesting and increase the chances of beating the attacker.

Another idea: on the second battle the defender could select his pieces AFTER seeing what the attacker chose - that would help make the defensive phase more interesting and increase the chances of beating the attacker.

I think this is the best idea ever! The attacker got a large bonus already by keeping his units so it would be quite fair.

I haven't taken the plunge yet, but like Sernaton's idea for sure! I don't like the idea of becoming the defender and it's game-over, nigh impossible to win. That really limits things in an already small game.