• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which expansion would you like next?

• EU3 - (Rotw focus)

Votes: 1.262 46,2%
  • Rome -(Alexander era, revised map)

Votes: 685 25,1%
  • HoI3 - (Expanded timelines, battlescenarios)

Votes: 288 10,5%
  • Victoria 2 - (US Civil War)

Votes: 499 18,3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What parts of Doomsday did you think was the best ?
CVLs allowing BBs to stomp CVs around. Overpowered like hell, but so cool. :cool:

More seriously...

An EU3 expansion I could see work. On the one hand it is the most "working" game, and so there's no real *need* to expand it, on the other I could certainly see adding features (especially as mentioned, ROTW-centric ones) could be worthwhile. Better modelling of India and China would be fantastic.

Vicky 2 I can already see a few improvements of the "things that they didn't get into vanilla" and it will probably need an XP just to fix the major issues/design flaws that inevitably seem to pop up in Paradox games.

Rome... Rome could use an expansion, expanding various features. (a full, CK-style family mechanic would help!) but it's not something I'd be very interested in personally (Rome just wasn't very fun, most notably there's something of a cause-effect disconnect, IE: It's hard to figure out how your actions affect stuff)

HOI3... Well, this one is hard. Semper Fi really seems to be a "fix xp", with mostly AI and a few interface improvements (very few actual "feature improvements") OTOH I'm not really clear on *how* you would expand HOI3 much. Expanding the timeframe wouldn't work well (Cold War mechanics are very different from WWI ones...) and it already covers most WWII stuff reasonably (just needs more tweaking) so I'm somewhat at a loss at what kind of "meaty" improvements you could get out of it.

Basically I could see EU3 (or Vicky 2) being the "easiest" ones to expand (IE: providing new, fun game mechanics that slot well into existing gameplay) while Rome and HOI3 would be "harder" (for you guys) to expand and for possibly less reward (for us gamers) but OTOH they seem more *needed*.

Fair enough. So shame is preventing you from register it? :p
Rome needs expansion :)

nah, i don't register games except eu3 because i played MP with eu3

Since what is a finished product is a matter of your opinion there is absolutely no way I can give you any such gurantee. We cannot commit to keep patching a game until every single customer feels that they are satisfied according to their personal opinions. What we will do is make sure that we patch a game as much as is needed to make sure that the game is in a state that we are happy with.

But surely you can commit to saying that Paradox will continue to fix bugs for Victoria 2 (as an example) even beyond the time when an expansion is released for it. I mean, there is a difference between bugs and cosmetic/gameplay improvements, and we the customers are entirley at the mercy of the creators when it comes to the actual gameplay of a game.

What parts of Doomsday did you think was the best ?

There are several points I found great.
First of all I liked it because the modern area style. The enlarged Timeline with new techs and weapons, new generals. I liked it to go on with the "next big War" after WW2. It was interesting to see how the new two big blocks where formed after the WW2 via Event when you were playing a '36 Campaign. Playing in MP against friends the WW2 "loosers" got a 2nd chance. This was great too. And the race to get more and more nukes was cool :)

But surely you can commit to saying that Paradox will continue to fix bugs for Victoria 2 (as an example) even beyond the time when an expansion is released for it. I mean, there is a difference between bugs and cosmetic/gameplay improvements, and we the customers are entirley at the mercy of the creators when it comes to the actual gameplay of a game.

No we do not do that. Mainly because we would then have two seperate code bases to support. Making them harder to test and make sure they work, plus doubles the time and cost of making things like installers which then in turn reduces the time we can spend supporting our games. I am not sure what you want from us here. We did 4 substantial patches for HoI3. Including several public betas to make sure that we gave fans the very best patch we could. We took seriously the issues people had with things like perfromance and did a lot work on improvening this problem. We could of done a Napoleon Total War but did not.

Rome *nods*
Needs some love too.

I like EU III best and while I'd love a new expansion, it's already received a lot of love :)

EU3 Rest of the World for sure!

EDIT: I'll add in my reasoning. EU3 is one of my fav games ever, of any genre. In Europe and the Middle East is is fantastically detailed. Beyond that it is still detailed, but there is none of those wonderful little tweaks that would make Japan a really fun nation to unite and play. Since this is not a historical game, per se, but a game about changing history, there's no reason why a nation shouldn't have the ability to ascend, regardless of location.

My biggest point would be the changing of the pagan countries to make their culture stay like anyone else's after conversion, and giving them the ability to expand beyond Terra Incognita provinces too.

There's a lot of options here for EU3, and it could be marvellous. The events and missions added in HTTT were excellent.

Last edited:
Rome, my legions need an increased time frame.

I'd buy an EU3 XP if it came out, but I do think that game has got enough XPs already. I voted Vicky as I love the game, but my second choice would be Rome. Never played it and as I may get the main game soon anyhow, might be cool for it to get an XP.

From a financial POV, I'm guessing EU3 makes by far and away the most sense.

No we do not do that. Mainly because we would then have two seperate code bases to support. Making them harder to test and make sure they work, plus doubles the time and cost of making things like installers which then in turn reduces the time we can spend supporting our games. I am not sure what you want from us here. We did 4 substantial patches for HoI3. Including several public betas to make sure that we gave fans the very best patch we could. We took seriously the issues people had with things like perfromance and did a lot work on improvening this problem. We could of done a Napoleon Total War but did not.

So then, if there is to be a Victoria ACW expansion, and should there be bugs to be fixed in Victoria 2 - you are saying that come the release date of the expansion, any further bugs that may exist and persist in Victoria 2, will only be fixed through patches to the expansion?

Absolutely EU: Rome

It's undoubtedly the Pdox game with most growth potential in various areas.

I'm not particularly interested in the Alexander thingie, though. Better expand game features and mechanics, getting deeper in the uniqueness of the timeframe depicted, its warfare, political and social disctinctiveness. Improve and deepen the treatment of barbarians and the relations with them. And ofc reach the full potential of the character system both in internal and external politics and relations.

There are many threads in the Rome forum with suggestions for features, rebalancing and expansion possibilities in general. Just a few examples:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458031

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474159

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475426

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.