• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which expansion would you like next?

• EU3 - (Rotw focus)

Votes: 1.262 46,2%
  • Rome -(Alexander era, revised map)

Votes: 685 25,1%
  • HoI3 - (Expanded timelines, battlescenarios)

Votes: 288 10,5%
  • Victoria 2 - (US Civil War)

Votes: 499 18,3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always like HOI expansion packs. I might have voted for Vicky 2 if I had played the game and have a basis on determining if an expansion pack was needed (even though I would buy one reguardless :) )

Needed??? I think you are coming at this from the wrong angle, brother...

EU3, HoI3, Rome.....

I remember the days when you could buy EU2 or Victoria and Crusader Kings, and even though they were buggy to begin with, you'd feel safe in the knowledge that come patch 1.06, or 1.04 or 1.05, they'd be excellent games that could be played again and again.

Doomsday was the begining of the new age of bug-fixing-expansions/patches. Fitting title for the dawning of a new age.

for paradox games an expansion pack is almost always "needed" for a group of people with specific interests or to make a specific section of the game more detailed/immersive/historical/(insert personal pet peeve here).
I can probably search the forum for 20 minutes and come up with enough ideas/suggestions for a dozen expansion packs for every single game back to Eu2 where each pack would have enough features to warrant its development and price without "fixing" or changing existing functionality....

I voted for EU3, though I do think that at present it is one of the most polished games of paradox. There are certain things missing though specifically regarding decisions.

I don't know about Victoria II I never got into Victoria I though I am definitely getting the second one. I also haven't managed to get into Rome due to only trying the Demo.

With HOI3 I don't really know, HOI3 is always going to be a WW2 game and while I like the idea of being able to play passed the timeframe I and virtually everyone else plays from 1936, as most people play EU3 from 1399.

I am not sure if Paradox shouldnt possible either concentrate on

Crusader Kings II - I realise it maybe isnt the most popular game on numbers sold but I reckon the 2nd one could be, also its possible a lot more people are playing it than bought it.

A new game set during the cold war - focussed on international trade, diplomacy, espionage, politics and preventing thermonuclear war - for inspiration see something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_President or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_in_the_Kremlin

Personally I would like to see the latter, though I realise it would be a big change. I personally think that a game set in the cold war or modern period would be very profitable.

EU3, HoI3, Rome.....

I remember the days when you could buy EU2 or Victoria and Crusader Kings, and even though they were buggy to begin with, you'd feel safe in the knowledge that come patch 1.06, or 1.04 or 1.05, they'd be excellent games that could be played again and again.

Doomsday was the begining of the new age of bug-fixing-expansions/patches. Fitting title for the dawning of a new age.

Well, I think the fact that they have said they learned from the HoI3 release and will use different procedures for the V2 release means they are aware that there was a problem and have moved to fix it.

So, are you telling me that I, the consumer, will be able to buy Victoria 2 and enjoy it without needing to buy an expansion that will fix any bugs that may appear?

In other words, if (when) bugs do appear, will you continue to support correcting any bugs, without forcing the consumer to buy an expansion that will be needed if one wants to keep playing an improved version without bugs?

Really I think you should stop buying software. There will reach a point where we will no longer support Victoria 2 and then we will cease to patch it. At this point we will probably make and expansion. If we find bugs dating back from the original game we will fix it then, instead of releasing a product with flaws in the name of ideological purity. Microsoft does not still support Windows 98 and they have far higher budgets than we do.

Well, I think the fact that they have said they learned from the HoI3 release and will use different procedures for the V2 release means they are aware that there was a problem and have moved to fix it.

Which is why I'm searching for re-assurances for Victoria 2 - surely you can appreciate my concern.

I don't want to buy the game at release time if I'm not going to play it at all.

I haven't even played HoI3 yet because it was not ready to play (in the standards I expected of it compared to HoI2 a la Doomsday) when released.

Really I think you should stop buying software. There will reach a point where we will no longer support Victoria 2 and then we will cease to patch it. At this point we will probably make and expansion. If we find bugs dating back from the original game we will fix it then, instead of releasing a product with flaws in the name of ideological purity. Microsoft does not still support Windows 98 and they have far higher budgets than we do.

So you are encouraging me to stop buying Paradox products??:wacko:

EU2, CK and Victoria in their last patch versions (1.09, 1.05 and 1.04) were as good as I could expect them to play as finished versions - and I don't expect Paradox to continue to patch these products any further - I merely expect them to release a game that works and if it doesn't they fix it so that the customers feel as if they are actually buying a finished product, not a Work in Progress.

Which is why I'm searching for re-assurances for Victoria 2 - surely you can appreciate my concern.

I don't want to buy the game at release time if I'm not going to play it at all.

I haven't even played HoI3 yet because it was not ready to play (in the standards I expected of it compared to HoI2 a la Doomsday) when released.

Well, whatever your concerns, it's a bit nonsensical to pre-emptively not buy an XP for a game when the core hasn't even been released yet because the core of another game wasn't up to scratch. I understand some apprehension, but you are two steps ahead of yourself in criticism. Given how many icons you have, you've obviously enjoyed many, many hours of PI games, try and balance how much they have done right with the few things they have done wrong.

So you are encouraging me to stop buying Paradox products??:wacko:

EU2, CK and Victoria in their last patch versions (1.09, 1.05 and 1.04) were as good as I could expect them to play as finished versions - and I don't expect Paradox to continue to patch these products any further - I merely expect them to release a game that works and if it doesn't they fix it so that the customers feel as if they are actually buying a finished product, not a Work in Progress.

Since what is a finished product is a matter of your opinion there is absolutely no way I can give you any such gurantee. We cannot commit to keep patching a game until every single customer feels that they are satisfied according to their personal opinions. What we will do is make sure that we patch a game as much as is needed to make sure that the game is in a state that we are happy with.

I voted EU3, basically because I love the game and am curious to see what they'd pull out their sleeve for the next expansion. :cool:

Even though I have bought Rome, I haven't played it yet (due to EU3 being too much fun), but that would've been my second choice. From what I've read, the game deserves a second expansion.

I vote Rome. Maybe it is time to make it good enough so that Johan will buy it.

but but.. I can get it for free i think....

Status
Not open for further replies.