• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which expansion would you like next?

• EU3 - (Rotw focus)

Votes: 1.262 46,2%
  • Rome -(Alexander era, revised map)

Votes: 685 25,1%
  • HoI3 - (Expanded timelines, battlescenarios)

Votes: 288 10,5%
  • Victoria 2 - (US Civil War)

Votes: 499 18,3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand, I would be intrigued by a further refinement of EUIII. More resistance from ROTW nations and a better AI in general would be most welcome improvements. To be fair, however, EUIII is already a highly developed game and just got an expansion. It would probably be better to release a new expansion for it in 1-2 years.

Personally, I voted for Rome mainly because VV showed me that the game has an enormous amount of untapped potential. I honestly believe that it can become a great game given some more effort. Of course, an expansion for Vicky 2 will probably be high on my list after that game has been out for a while (i.e. it is too early to start work on an expansion for that game at this time). And while I have no particular plans to buy or play HOI3, I do appreciate that series is a major money maker for Paradox.

So I propose an expansion rotation roughly as follows:

Rome -> Vicky2 -> EUIII -> HOI3 -> (CK2 expansion ?) -> Rome -> Vicky2 -> HOI3 -> (CK2 expansion ?) -> Vicky2 -> (CK2 expansion ?)

This should keep the expansion team busy until EUIV (say 4-5 years), assumes that the next title released is CK2, and results in 4 expansions for EUIII and 3 expansions for all other titles.

Oh my, please no more Himalayas going through Delhi!

Lol yea i agree Rome also needs an EP, I just voted for EUIII cuz i play it more. Also, if you guys do decide EUIII, some more modding codes would be nice, like the ability to make/break alliances by event and stuff. :)

Last edited:
the ability to make/break alliances by event and stuff. :)

We've already got that. I wish we could have an updated trigger/effect/modifier list, though, as I believe even Cabezaestufa's is out of date now.

I voted for Rome. While I would love to see EU3 fleshed out for the rest of the world, Rome has so much potential to be great, and VV was a huge step in the right direction. Also, perhaps extending the timeline in both directions to include Alexander as well as up to the Arab invasions? that may be a lot to ask however.

I don't have Rome (and I'm not interested by buying it). HoI3SF (a HoI with space ship ? oh no, I just discovered it today :eek:o) and V2 will need a little bit of time to be evaluated. So a 4th extension for Eu3 is a good idea.
What's the records for the number of extension for a game ? The Sims 2 have 8 extensions, Paradox will be at half way.

Of the available choices, I voted for Rome.

I voted for EU3 - if I could I would've voted for EU4 though.

I also would have voted for Rome expansion if I also knew that you would update the interface, which in every way is more primitive than even EU3's interface.

It's also obviously too early to tell if I want an expansion for Victoria 2..

I had a hard time deciding between EU3 and Rome. I eventually with with EU3, mainly because it has more votes already. :p

HOI3 is just finishing up an expansion, so it doesn't need one that soon. Vicky2 isn't even out yet. So, it has to be Rome or EU3. EU3's a broader game, so there's more potential, but then, Rome is in desperate need of being upgraded to match its potential.

Rome definitely needs some love, I think EU3 can safely be left as a complete game, I'd rather see some planning for EU4 :)

Of these choises i voted for vic2. Never played Rome, Hoi3 is getting an expansion. EU3 is the game i have enjoyed the most but i have no interest in the countries outside europe in EU3 timeframe..

I had a hard time deciding between EU3 and Rome. I eventually with with EU3, mainly because it has more votes already. :p
Sorry, but this makes me feel :wacko:

EU3's a broader game, so there's more potential, but then, Rome is in desperate need of being upgraded to match its potential.
Exactly this should have been your initial cause to vote for Rome.

I really hope someone of PI's staff is also reading the comments in this thread, because they are talking a slightly different language than the results of the voting. So many people are telling that Rome would need an expansion, but they voted for EU3. Others were on a hard decision between Rome and EU3. I really hope this will be considered.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this makes me feel :wacko:
I really hope someone of PI's staff is also reading the comments in this thread, because they are talking a slightly different language than the results of the voting. So many people are telling that Rome would need an expansion, but they voted for EU3. Others were on a hard decision between Rome and EU3. I really hope this will be considered.

I think some people are actually voting for their favourite here, not considering which one is in most need of an expansion.

You should rename this poll to "which of these games are your favorite".

The results are not indicative of what Paradox "should" focus on next at all.

It is my belief that Paradox is querying their fans simply to gauge support for one particular expansion they have in mind.

That expansion is for EU: Rome.

Consider this; Rome has great potential, but not many people play it due to it not being as large in scope, nor as polished as EU III (HTTT). Another expansion could show Rome's true potential, and turn it into a masterpiece. Yet such an expansion would be risky, due to the game not having the established player base, and popularity, that EU III has. Hence the poll.

It is also my belief that Paradox is not seriously considering an expansion for HOI3 at this time as Semper Fi is about to be released, and it is laughable to seriously consider an expansion for a yet to be released game (Victoria II), however much you, and I, may enjoy said expansions.

HTTT is also a very recent release, and has not had time to mature. I feel it is also too soon for Paradox to be considering a fourth EU III expansion.

All this, in addition to its 30% approval rating in this poll (at this time), lead me to believe that EU: Rome will be the next area Paradox resources are spent.

I think some people are actually voting for their favourite here, not considering which one is in most need of an expansion.

Indeed, we've really had a lot of expansions for EU3, I'm not sure I could be bothered with a fifth one, especially one that focuses on outside of Europe. We have enough mods that do that already, what we really need is coded expansion on EU:Rome.

I have a feeling that people are voting for EU3, simply because it's an option. By reading the comments on here, it seems that EU3 has the numbers, but Rome has the desire and enthusiasm.

I have a feeling that people are voting for EU3, simply because it's an option. By reading the comments on here, it seems that EU3 has the numbers, but Rome has the desire and enthusiasm.

Or possibly the EU voters aren't posting because they agree with the outcome of the poll, while the Romans are up in arms because they see it as a grand injustice?

Status
Not open for further replies.