View Poll Results: Which expansion would you like next?

Voters
2734. You may not vote on this poll
  • EU3 - (Rotw focus)

1,262 46.16%
  • Rome -(Alexander era, revised map)

685 25.05%
  • HoI3 - (Expanded timelines, battlescenarios)

288 10.53%
  • Victoria 2 - (US Civil War)

499 18.25%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want our download team to do?

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

What do you want our download team to do?

Semper Fi is now close to be released, and our download people will soon start on a new project.. The question is.. Which one do YOU want to see?

We got alot of ideas, but want to hear which one you would like to see?

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Rotw - Rest of the World

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    What do you mean by rotw?

Regardless, I voted for EU: Rome. Phreaps with an expansion you can make the game be entertaining (I just played the demo and didn't find it too appealing)

I also enjoy the Alexander/Diadochi period very much, and extending the map East/South (Egypt/Mere) makes a lot of sense.

200k clubDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Are we to assume that Victoria 2 won't be playable as a finished game upon release and will need an expansion?

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Absolutely Rome. It's a title with the most unused potential so far. But extending map and timeline is not so important. Rome needs an addon rich in new features like IN or HTTT for EU3.
    Have you already enlisted? Rome is awaiting you! Legio XXI Rapax: https://www.facebook.com/legioxxirapax

Vae victis!

Field Marshal of SKIF (Scytth, Kristoff & BeBro unit icons):
    SKIF homepage:http://www.star.net.pl/~scytth/hoi2/page/index.html I SKIF forum thread: http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...18#post5136918

I haven't played either of the games above (except vanilla EU3 and demo version with expansions) so I can't give any opinion on the matter.

So I won't vote.

Just wanted to post to show this kind of "votes" as well.
    Last edited by Skarion; 27-05-2010 at 13:10.
    Quite a different guy for quite a different world.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    Vicky, on the assumption that it won't be playable until it reaches exp #3
    "Man is free; but his freedom does not look like the glorious liberty of the Enlightenment; it is no longer the gift of God. Once again, man stands alone in the universe, responsible for his condition, likely to remain in a lowly state, but free to reach above the stars.."
    -Jean-Paul Sartr

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Rome, definitely. It's already a great game, but an expansion would make it so much better.
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by noddy102 View Post
    Are we to assume that Victoria 2 won't be playable as a finished game upon release and will need an expansion?
    I could suggest reading the developer diaries discussions for Victoria 2 you would know that we are striving to create a finished game that is playable on release. To do that we made the command decisions to not reach too far with the features but instead make sure that we aimed for features that would be finished and playable. Defence exhibit A, the world market. One possibility for an expansion for Vicotria 2 is to replace the playable and finished world market with region markets and seperate regional pricing.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

An alternative assumption one can of course make based on the evidence presented here in this thread is that it will simply mean additional manpower on the vicky project as hinted by "download people" implying they make up a separate team of coders.

- do not meddle in the affairs of GMs for they are abusive and quick to anger -

"...Slauron had become wise and strong and cruel. All feared him and the torment he wrought. He was a powerful GM-tyrant who could change into many forms and could appear fair and pleasing if he wished. Slauron created campaigns by imprisoning dreadful spirits in the bodies of terrible threads. Another of his minions was the vampire HolisticGod, whom Slauron used as a messenger..."

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
    Vicky, on the assumption that it won't be playable until it reaches exp #3
    While we're talking Truth to The Man, I'll sadly agree with the above and point out this seems to be a widespread belief among the older, grumpier fans, of which I am a part of. And not just about Vicky2, but about "New Paradox Games" in general.

Also, Vicky2 - but why ACW? Certainly, that will fit into the timeline of the vanilla game, no? Plus Vicky:Rev worked so well.

72 games registered

Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Rome had an expansion, HOI3 will have an expansion, EU3 had 3 expansions.

I belive in equality so i voted for Victoria 2.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
    Rome had an expansion, HOI3 will have an expansion, EU3 had 3 expansions.

I belive in equality so i voted for Victoria 2.
    A game that hasn't even been released yet.
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I could suggest reading the developer diaries discussions for Victoria 2 you would know that we are striving to create a finished game that is playable on release. To do that we made the command decisions to not reach too far with the features but instead make sure that we aimed for features that would be finished and playable. Defence exhibit A, the world market. One possibility for an expansion for Vicotria 2 is to replace the playable and finished world market with region markets and seperate regional pricing.
    Great.

So why will an expansion be needed then, exactly?

Especially when the game is extremely user-friendly for modding...

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    While we're talking Truth to The Man, I'll sadly agree with the above and point out this seems to be a widespread belief among the older, grumpier fans, of which I am a part of. And not just about Vicky2, but about "New Paradox Games" in general.

Also, Vicky2 - but why ACW? Certainly, that will fit into the timeline of the vanilla game, no? Plus Vicky:Rev worked so well.
    2004? Noob.

I am assuming the design phase of Vicky is complete (god, I hope so) and that these guys have free time on their hands which they can devote to adding to one game.

Frankly, the nature of Paradox titles is that they can ALWAYS be improved upon since there's so much they could do and would like to do but there will always be constraints in time and manpower (= cost) and the expansion system works fine that way, in that Paradox can keep improving their games not least of all after user input and keep making money which keeps them in business and keeps us happy.

- do not meddle in the affairs of GMs for they are abusive and quick to anger -

"...Slauron had become wise and strong and cruel. All feared him and the torment he wrought. He was a powerful GM-tyrant who could change into many forms and could appear fair and pleasing if he wished. Slauron created campaigns by imprisoning dreadful spirits in the bodies of terrible threads. Another of his minions was the vampire HolisticGod, whom Slauron used as a messenger..."

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Great.

It won't be needed, however parhaps the stuff we add might just make the game more enjoyable.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    Because the game is relatively free and decision driven the ACW is prolly far from 100% likely to occur, let alone occur anywhere near historical. Also, unlike Vicky1, they decided to only make a great campaign and focus all their attention on that. That means that Vicky 2 will NOT have an ACW scenario from the get go (unlike Vicky 1) and you will also generally not get the chance to play the ACW in regular games in a way thats remotely historical.

Now, given that, especially in the US, there is a lot of interest in ACW games, it would make sense for the team to create a Vicky expansion for that crowd that has an ACW campaign that starts at the start of the ACW... where like 50% of their time goes into research of the ACW and getting all that historical, and the other 50% goes into new features that function specifically well for the ACW but also in the general game, which would of course help to sell it to the rest of the world.

Voted for that, sounds like a solid plan to me.

The warrior protects and defends because he realizes the value of others. He knows that they are essential to society and, in his gift of service, recognizes and values theirs... take the extra moment in dark parking lots at night to make sure that a woman gets into her car safely before leaving yourself. Daily involvement in acts such as these are as much a part of training as time spent in the dojo, and indeed should be the reason for that time spent training... When faced with a woman or child in a situation in which they are vulnerable, there are two types of men: those who would offer succor and aid, and those who would prey upon them. And in modern society, there is another loathsome breed who would totally ignore their plight!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Kallocain View Post
    Rotw - Rest of the World
    I was hoping that it stood for Rage of the Wookiees

One Word That Describes Me: Paraddictive
    Europa Universalis I, II, III, NA, IN, HttT, DW and EU:Rome, Vae Victis Hearts of Iron I, II, III, DD and Anthology
    Victoria + Revolutions Diplomacy Crusader Kings I, II + Deus Vult Crown of the North and Two Thrones

584 - Ett medeltida rollspel
    Spela det p det Skandinaviska subforumet

Ta och titta in en stund p Forum p Skandinaviska och ta del av
    mp-spel, rollspel, diverse modifikationer och underbara AAR:s.

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Great.

Needed??? I think you are coming at this from the wrong angle, brother...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    It won't be needed, however parhaps the stuff we add might just make the game more enjoyable.
    So, are you telling me that I, the consumer, will be able to buy Victoria 2 and enjoy it without needing to buy an expansion that will fix any bugs that may appear?

In other words, if (when) bugs do appear, will you continue to support correcting any bugs, without forcing the consumer to buy an expansion that will be needed if one wants to keep playing an improved version without bugs?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast