• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arturius

Colonel
69 Badges
Sep 1, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Because there wouldn't be any improvement by only converting the mod to AoD, I decided to expand my project. I want combine a first release of Mod 1914 for AoD with a major update. The update should include a new map, new AI, overhauled setting and maybe an extended tech-tree. First of all I will work on the scenario 1914 only. Here from time to time I will present the progress.

Progress diary:

#1 SFX, Music, new brigades and map progress.
#2 Naval Tech-tree

If you want to help, here are some construction zones:

- I need someone who could me give advises for expanding the techtree and someone who is able to modify the techtree.
- Many countries need techteams, ministers and/or leaders.
- Many pics are missing (techteams, ministers and/or leaders).
- Is there anybody who could give detailed informations about china and chinese warlords (ministers, government)?
- A little brainstorming is needed regarding national ideas. I think they have to be modified for the Great War.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this. I wouldn't know enough about the game to help with your problem, but I really hope you find a solution.

I don't know whether this is your issue or not, Arturius, but I've found that it's not sufficient just to rename the old leader files when modding AoD. The system still reads that file even if it's inoperative in-game and so will register your new leader file as repeating the IDs that it uses. If you take the file out altogether (obviously back up to desktop or a backup folder) the problem disappears.

I don't know whether this is your issue or not, Arturius, but I've found that it's not sufficient just to rename the old leader files when modding AoD. The system still reads that file even if it's inoperative in-game and so will register your new leader file as repeating the IDs that it uses. If you take the file out altogether (obviously back up to desktop or a backup folder) the problem disappears.

I said that is work in progress and I didn't say that is an ultimate solution. I want to work on it together with the community. I modified some files to make it work with AOD, that was my work.

Before I copied the mod to the AoD-folder, I have deleted the vanilla-leaders of AoD to prevent duplicate leader-IDs. After I copied the mod (with 1914-leaders), nevertheless I got the error message. But I can't find duplicate IDs in the files of 1914.

Last edited:
I said that is work in progress and I didn't say that is an ultimate solution. I want to work on it together with the community. I modified some files to make it work with AOD, that was my work.

Sorry, but I'm surprised by this. Did you take any part of my post as a criticism or put-down? It certainly wasn't intended that way and I apologise if I didn't make that clear.

I've done some tinkering with this, it seems like the leader IDs are the error that is being thrown at startup, but I don't believe that's what the problem really is. If this game had a savedebug.txt, we might be able to find out more...

However, I've found that with some or all leader files included, the game will crash after one game-hour, while without them, it will crash at the end of the first day. Does this fit with what everyone else has?

1、I change some leader ID which from message "Leader ID already used", and load game with no message, but CTD whan events happen。

2、I del all leaders in the folder,and just use one leader file---german.csv(change ID at 272 (21526)),game work fine.. So i think,test leader file one by one ,,,fools ideas。

German leaders problem seems solved but other nation leaders ?

Are they included in download link or if a patch with germanleaders.zip can it solve the problem cause I really want to play 1914 with Aod.

If you need help about anything just tell :D

Got Tonns of Information about WW1 and 2

Hi

As there you seem to have some Problems with Leader and so, I may could help you! I really love history and know a lot about WW 1 and 2. And I own 2 great books from a Expert for Military History (WW1 Book about 1500 Pages) (WW2 Book 2500) they include all names of Leaders, Ships, and so on. They report each day - each battle and important facts for bouth wars. So if you need information - just say.

German leaders problem seems solved but other nation leaders ?

Are they included in download link or if a patch with germanleaders.zip can it solve the problem cause I really want to play 1914 with Aod.

If you need help about anything just tell :D

Hi

As there you seem to have some Problems with Leader and so, I may could help you! I really love history and know a lot about WW 1 and 2. And I own 2 great books from a Expert for Military History (WW1 Book about 1500 Pages) (WW2 Book 2500) they include all names of Leaders, Ships, and so on. They report each day - each battle and important facts for bouth wars. So if you need information - just say.

Because there wouldn't be any improvement by only converting the mod to AoD, I decided to combine the first release for AoD with an update. The update would include a new map, new AI, overhauled setting and maybe an extended tech-tree (here I need help for modifying it!!!). At this or by finding missing pics (minister, techs, leaders), techteams, minister, help is welcome.
Some countries need government or/and events for changing government. First of all only for 1914 scenario. So, be patient because I am nearly alone. If you want to help, send me a pm.

@ Arturius,

is that the E3 map from mumia you're using?

Yes, it is.

Hi

How these books call? Are there overviews, OOB, statistics etc. in there? Especially I need informations about leaders/officers of the British Indian Army. Could you help me?

Hi bouth books are written by Janusz Piekalkiewicz. I own them in a German Version: Der Erste Weltkrieg / Der zweite Weltkrieg (The first World war ....)
I don’t know if they have ever been translated but i think so as there they are really great. (You can google him)
They deal with the military history of bouth wars. And tell like no other books the things happend. They deal with army - navy - airforce and tell in detail what happened on each single part of the front. You can see troop’s strengths – List of Ships … .
If u use them wisely you also can make mods much more realistic as there u see where national armys really had been good in. The German and theire tanks is such an example (2. WW) never had been that good in it – it was they way they used them. This could help for research.
You also can find toons of informations for good events. And so on.

greets mike

PS: Arturius - I will help u for sure - just give me detailed orders or information what u need. and i will do my best.

#1: SFX, Music, new brigades and map progress.

1. I changed the sfx. Now the sounds fit in the timeframe of WWI (for example think of the aeroplanes sound). Also I replaced the music tracks with ones in high quality. But i kept the former compilation.

2. I completed the implementation of new brigades. Now it is possible to add brigades of some types of infantry (standard, mountain, reserve). Furthermore I splitted the police brigade from amoured train. The cavalry brigade has a correct icon now. Next step is to to rework the OOBs. Is there a need for any other brigades?

Old (version 0.51)
brig_old.jpg

New
brig_new.jpg

It outruns the window :(

3. Thanks to the E3-Map Project. The map is nearly done. Reworked some issues, e.g. Arabia and China. I use the colorscale of Mod33 (I will ask koenig for permission later). Next step is to convert the settings of resources, industry and infrastructure.

Old (0.51)
map_old.jpg

New
map_new.jpg

Last edited: