• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be sort of boring. No major conflicts (in terms of huge countries fighting) since the Cold War ended. You can call the Iraq Wars whatever you like, but they were not on the scale of WW2 or even Vietnam.

Id like to see a separate new game series from them about the cold war era much rather then a Hearts of Iron game.

Hearts of Iron is about WW2 or a possible WW3 starting in the forties, any attempts to take it later haven't ended up well due to for example inability to model insurgencies, missile & satellite warfare and demobilization.

This might be a great idea for a game. But it would have to be even more complex game than HOI currently is...

This might be a great idea for a game. But it would have to be even more complex game than HOI currently is...
I don't agree with that. Alot off the features from HoI3 would be pretty unnecessary such as fully dynamic logistics and weather. You also have considerably less fighting and overall smaller armies reducing cpu/memory load. Provinces wouldn't have be be nearly as many since modern warfare is less about manoeuvring around in a ww2 fashion the way I look at it.

I don't agree with that. Alot off the features from HoI3 would be pretty unnecessary such as fully dynamic logistics and weather. You also have considerably less fighting and overall smaller armies reducing cpu/memory load. Provinces wouldn't have be be nearly as many since modern warfare is less about manoeuvring around in a ww2 fashion the way I look at it.

But in modern warfare, you would have opposing armies in the same province for a long time, no?

But in modern warfare, you would have opposing armies in the same province for a long time, no?
Yes I think that would allow for much better modelling off, spec-ops, snipers, airborne, insurgencies, infiltration, smaller units and the general chaos of modern warfare.

TBH in order to do a modern game it would need to span from 1948 till 1990s (dates are just a place holder) and would need to sort of be a combined game of Victoria's economy system, HOI in depth combat and world wars sort of thing with some major overhauling to allow small scale wars to be both fun and exciting to perform. Plus diplomacy would need to be revamped to allow for old war scenarios.

Do i think it is doable. Maybe but it would have to be something the forumites or a poll suggested we want and in numbers to justify its creation imo...

The only thing most of us Germans of today are good at is to say "I'm sorry". Isn't that pussy?

It depends. If it was your fault, then it's not pussy :)

Cold war grand strategy should concentrate on economy, politics and espionage in a much more detailed and complex way than is done in HOI III. Hot war between NATO and Warsaw pact would/could be short and boring because of weapons of mass destruction. Or then there should be something that limits their use e.g. that if u decide to destroy your opponent by massive nuke attack that would be counted as an automatic defeat and the game would just end.

It depends. If it was your fault, then it's not pussy :)

rofl, yup :)
(apart that i consider it a lie that what germans mostly do nowadays is to apologize, I'd say they/we mostly complain ^^)

I would actually like to see a post ww2 strategy game of this scope, though i am sure the hoi3 mechanics dont lend themselves to it, i actually think vicky would be much closer then hoi3 mechanic-wise

But if paradox ever decide to make a specializied game on politics and economy post ww2 i'd be among the first to preorder it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.