• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:) As many players as there are, are there also their choice for what nation to play. I'm still into the whole Austria thing but since you've already played that...

Okay I decided to pick up Venice and it went somewhat ok at the start but it got real nasty when a Ottoman/GH alliance decided to take me on. I fought for around 5 years, and the AI kept trying to invade Corfu?(island off Greece) with it's 20k stack. So I blocked the straits, got some seiging happening and managed to grab Achea :D. Naples, Siena were my other vassals and after a war with Ottomans I got them to release Serbia and Bosnia from vassalisation and got them vassaled in another war.

Hungary got big for a while but I took them down and scored Croatia as a vassal, and another war with OE got me Thrace and some more of Greece. Things were going pretty well, I was waiting for cores so I could form Italy but low and behold, France decides to come in and ruin everything :mad:. They offered an alliance which I accepted, they then decided to attack Austria with it's 70k army vs my 25k army and they didn't really bother with the Austrian stacks :mad:; and this happened twice. Then France decided to take Italian territory (Austria inherited 2 coutries) and annex Milan :(

So now I'm stuck with being unable to get back my cores because of monster France, so I think I might just go after India :(

Also I forgot to mention in teh OP that its IN3.2

EU3_240.jpg

Well thanks for all the replys :). I have played Ottomans as well (something I forgot to mention), and ate up most of Europe, some of Tumerids (who formed Mughal empire and become simply massive, bigger than Ming) and took parts of India and Indonesia.

I actually managed to deal with France :eek:, after they got into a war with Castille but they got beaten real fast and peaced out by ceding 2 provinces. So along come France's 160k army against my heavily minted 70k army, everything was stalemateish and I captured 4 provinces in Austria before the French stacks started to come in. They actually got as far as Naples and captured Rome because of the 6shock ruler which meant anythingn I threw at him, I just died horribly.

It wasn't until the French started putting 20k stacks of caverly and sieging with those which drove up their WE and halved their numbers where I got my territories back. The turning point was when Austria jumped in then a bit later Portugal and Aragon, form there it was a cakewalk :D. Now I've gotten all my cores back, Sinai in the Red Sea cored which ment I could then go to India and start colonising, nabbed some provinces then went to bed at 3am :eek:o