My Fight - From the memoires of Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Start date: 1936
Mod: Historical Plausibility Project*
* I started out with a late revision of version 0.9, but if I encounter problems, I will try and fix them on the fly. There won't be any major reloading done, though: if I already posted something, it won't be changed later.
This is mainly a promotional AAR, but I will try to be entertaining as well It is my fisrt time, so be gentle
I will take a reactive approach, for two reasons. First, I think it is historically correct. The USA's populace didn't want to go to war, neither did Roosevelt. Second, I can show you what's going on in the mod without much interference better this way
There won't be any artificial restrictions aside from trying to be isolationist (untill the sh*t really hits the fan, that is.) I also won't use any cheats.
There will be pictures, mainly in-game ones. I'm expecting about 5-10 per post. In the first years, the pace will be a bit slower, but I won't wirte every detail down (like every tech researched, only the main projects), but when War breaks out, I will be reporting it. Think of this as a diary of the President. (Also, there may, or may not be a twist near the end of the story.)
I intend to follow through to the end of the war with the Axis at least, but there's a chance of war with the Commintern as well, if things get ugly (but not too ugly for them first...) We'll see.
Also excuse me if some (or most...) of the diary entries will be out of character. I'm no historian, I have very little idea what kind of person Roosevelt was. But this is an alternative history, anyway Actually, by now dear old FDR is starting to talk like he has gone fishing, so I think he is rather out of character. Nevermind.
Table of contents:
- Chapter I. - Waking from a dream
- Chapter II. - The Second New Deal
- Chapter III. - War in Europe
- Chapter IV. - Arsenal of Democracy
- Chapter V. - Awekening the Giant
- Chapter VI. - First Contact
- Chapter VII. - Sunset and Torch
- Chapter VIII. - The soft underbelly of Europe
- Chapter IX. - A vacation in France
- Chapter X. - Rush for Berlin
- Interlude - The Dilemma
- Chapter XI. - Peace in our time
Yes, the 'Mein Kapmf' reference is intentional. No, there will be no similarities. Neither will this become a national socialist USA AAR. It is only for contrast. And for my amusement. Sad, I know.