• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Psychedelic Sou

Captain
36 Badges
Jul 29, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Magicka
Yesterday I updated my install of AoD to v1.04. Before the update, I could perfectly play a normal game. Now, when I'm in a game lobby and I start a game (or the host starts), I either get stuck at the main menu or at the multiplayer menu. It doesn't move anyway forward, and If I start a lobby in AoD manually the people in my GameRanger lobby their games will boot up, but they'll get stuck at the main menu/multiplayer menu as well.

Does anyone know a way to fix this very annoying bug? Up till now I've found 1.04 alot better than 1.02, but I might be forced to go back to 1.02 If only that version wants to work with Game Ranger :(

This might seem like a redundant question, but have the people you're trying to play with updated their games as well? And do you check that the checksums of each individual player sync up? If someone has been doing some misc.txt shenanigans their checksum won't match yours.

This might seem like a redundant question, but have the people you're trying to play with updated their games as well? And do you check that the checksums of each individual player sync up? If someone has been doing some misc.txt shenanigans their checksum won't match yours.

We all have the same checksum (we reinstalled the game into a new directory and then applied the patch to be sure we all had the same version). It seems to be pretty random, it just stopped working for no reason I can think of.