• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(192799)

VSTEP developer
Jan 26, 2010
Hi everybody,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Frank Dolmans and I'm with Ship Simulator Extremes developer VSTEP. I would like to thank Paradox for this subforum related to our game, and I will be popping in now and then (development and busy schedule allowing) to shed my light on some of the questions you might have.

As a simulator game, Ship Simulator is a new genre in the Paradox catalogue, so I guess you're all wondering a bit what it's about and what the game will have to offer. For more information, I suggest you visit the following links, and a lot will become clear:

- Paradoxplaza
- ShipSimulator.com Homepage
- ShipSimulator.com Community Forum
- ShipSim Twitter

Keep checking back on the above sites, as they will be updated regularly with new goodies. I will also be posting developer diaries in the run-up to the launch of the game on August 24th, 2010.

I hope you like what you see.
Catch you around!

Kind regards,

Frank Dolmans
VSTEP

Thanks for the introduction and I am sure you'll find a nice place here on the forum.
I haven't played a sim-game in ages, but have been intrigued with this one ever since Paradox first announced it would be publishing. I'm looking forward to the information.

This game looks very interesting im really looking forward to buying it!

Saw this on Steam and it looks interesting. However I am concerned by some posts there that report issues that appear to be unique to the Steam version. Is VSTEP still providing updates for this game? It appears that the last update was over six months ago.

Edit: After some digging in the Ship Simulator forum I found that V.1.5.5 was released earlier this month. Not sure why then there are still several reports that the Steam versions are not working properly for some people.

Last edited:
I would create a new thread for your Steam question. And it looks like the recent patch and DLC answered your other question. :)