• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Timurids, session one.

The Big Red Blob That Didn't Move, By Snall.

timurid.jpg

My grand army is pretty awesome.

Note: I just write what happens, no story for you!! Also I didn't take pictures as this is my first MP game and just getting used to no pause and the Timurids rebels and sometimes multi-front wars made me sweat, that and my AC is out.

1399 as most of us know sets the Timurids up as a nice big, if unstable (0 Stab and lots of cultures), blob with a great general/leader. In fact I probably started out as the largest PC nation.

2rs9.jpg

I have played the Timurids (Here on referred to as TIM, or Timmy /Southpark) early years a few times in SP recently to get a good grasp on what I need to do and I also looked up some strategies for TIM in the long term so that I can eventually protect myself from all the powerful Euros and their crazy colonizing antics.

Sadly a few idiotic mistakes during MP has kept Timmy from expanding to form the Coffee Mug Empire. Onward to the relating of mostly actual events (based ony my hazy memory, 3.5 hours sleep, and need for self-aggrandizement)!
---------

Starting out at war I made white peace with George and forced Quara, or who ever is green and northly, to release Persia and Jaybirds to the west to release Iraq. Both were then my allies if not vassals and I can say Iraq's armies were actually quite useful for a tiny nation. Iraq also formed a buffer, if not a complete one, between myself and Momma Luke.

I didn't take any provinces because Timmy can sometimes get a horrible amount of Infamy quite quickly.

For advisers in the beginning I had 2x stability guys equaling about 24 research and a land tech guy of 6. Also techs all start out at 6 for Timmy in the 4.1 patch.

OTTs were played by James the 101st Dalmation and we made peace and then allied relatively quickly since Europe was filled with evil Christian PCN (Player Character Nations, hah, did that backwards..). I'll try not to mention much of what other players did unless directly relating to me so that they can do their own AAR and lie as much as they wish.

Sadly lord Timmy died relatively quickly, as usual, and I moved to a regency council and then to another king when I wasn't paying attention. The rebels weren't too horrible, my stab hit 3x pretty fast, and my economy was doing ok even with the evil modifiers for a bad leader and because I'm a stupid tribal government.

I changed advisers to an 8% discipline, 24% spy protection, and kept the land guy.

This is when I started my almost totally fruitless wars against Delhi in my desire to make Coffee Mugs.

singinggardencupandsauc.jpg

We will make awesome coffee.

Now remember this is my first MP and no pause made me cry a few times.

My first war against Delhi all their stupid little allies joined in, I was surprised to find, and most of my armies went over there and thrashed them as I tried to make white peace with them all since I wanted to fully concentrate on Delhi...this lead me to peacing out with Sind who somehow lead the alliance and made the entire war stop....this would not be the last time I did this, because I am stupid.

So I peace, wait, DOW on OTTs enemies when they go to war but don't do anything because I am a horrible and lazy ally, and I annex most of Quara whatever to the north...stupidly opening myself up to the Golden Horde.

79253877.jpg

Then I wait and DOW on Delhi again and ...they're allied to the GH. Which I didn't notice, I peace out with Delhi when I notice this (Oh and they're allied to both nations to my north, Kahzk and Nogari or some such. So I go and white peace with them all eventually after fighting for a while. Iraq is helpful and has about a 10k army. Sadly they decline to go to war next time, though nice little Persia stays loyal...this is when I decide that from now on I will just make people vassals.

It's about then I realize that all the rebellions and wars have ruined my economy somehow and my 400 trasurey is down to like 80 and I'm losing a lot still so I mint more, end the session with a 3.5 or so inflation but with economy back on track- still minting at about .1 I think though. (Was minting at .04 or .03 in the beginning.

image032y.jpg

We had also spent too much money in the hopes we would have our Mugs soon...and had a 200 ducat loan (Paid off before end of session) for the second GH war which happens below.

My next war starts about the same except this time the GH has a 40k stack that scares me and makes me pee a little. Thankfully the OTTs help me drive them back thankfully as I thought my 14k stack would be enough to just hold the causeway while I took on Delhi for a bit. I'm only fielding about 42k troops TOTAL, so that stack...was not good. I peace with Delhi when I saw it...again, with no gain...and the OTTs and I trounce the GH armies and push them back into their realm then peace out...another entirely useless war......except that the GH begins to have a lot disability (We had a truce when they came to Delhi's aid this time)...so I think, NEXT time I'll be good to go!

...and so next time I DOW on Dehi GH has tons of rebels and though they war me I'm not too afraid, I start to move into India and leave a 12 or 14k guarding the entrance from the GH again. ..I decide to White Peace them just so I can move that army down......then I realize that they were the alliance leader........this makes me sad. I cried a little.

Anyway, somehow Gugarti or whatever (Right above Kashmir or so, grey color) is still at war with me so I go and beat them to take out my frustrations and make them a vassal, which is nice I guess though they only command about 5k troops. I also ally with them.

This is near the end of the game, I'm also allied with Morroco (PCN), still allied with Ottomans (PCN) and bother Iraq so much they ally with me again, though they're in Mamma Lukes sphere of influence (Mamma's boys...) (Also the Lukes have expanded a bit from their start but I have ok relations with them). I also at some point (I don't remember when) let Quartia or whatever go so that they block the GH access to myself for now, I DID NOT ally with them so that they won't be opened up by the GH if I need to fight one of their allies until I'm ready for them.

I end the session within two months of my next Delhi war, and they're no longer allied with GH; two vassals, two minor allies, and two major PCN allies. While the first session was a learning experiance and I didn't expand anywhere NEAR as much as I wanted, I think next Saturday may see the TIMURID EMPIRE OF DEA...er, the peaceful Timurid nation expand into it's rightful place in India.

dbaarmy154mongols.jpg

And then the Mongol Hor...er...Timurid Hordes will be a law unto themselves!! ...or at least have a better government type.

Last edited:
The Unification of Italy

535px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Vatican_City.svg.png

Pope Iohannes XXIII stood on the marbled balcony of the Apostolic Palace, overlooking St Peter's Square, bathing in the cheers of approval from his loyal followers below. The atmosphere throughout the city was one of merriment and jubilation, for today marked the end of the bloodiest conflict the once small nation of the Papal States had known in its history. Years earlier, the holy father Pope Bonifacius IX had noticed to his distaste the foul corruption rife throughout all of the Italian nobility. He pledged that it was his duty in the name of Christianity to stop such evil. When the power-hungry nobles were unwilling to peacefully relinquish their power, he was forced to follow an aggressive policy, which Pope Iohannes zealously follows to this day. However whilst knowing that now Milan poses no real threat to Christianity, the Holy Father was yet discomforted in the depths of his mind to know that the outcome of the war may have been very different if not for the assistance of Castille and Austria. Stepping down from the raised platform with its commanding view of the Square and turning his back to the crowd, Iohannes closed his weary eyes and cast his thoughts back to the earlier days of the war.

A haggard-looking farmer, clothes worn and ripped in several places, was the first to bring word that his humble homeland of Mantua was being invaded by the Milanese. Whilst the Pope knew that the small province of Mantua meant little in terms of wealth, the Pope's anger rose sharply at the affront of the Milanese to invade a province which had its independence guaranteed by the Papal State. Despite being conscious that the Milanese were being supported by the Holy Roman Emperor, Bohemia, the Pope did not hesitate to defend the Mantuans. God himself was on the Pope's side, granting his men a furor of the like not seen in history, ensuring at first that the Pope could fight back the Milanese horde. However as the war dragged on, the ability of the Pope's forces and their unwavering courage to hold back the Milanese horde looked increasingly doubtful, with Bohemian forces also on their way to intervene.

Messengers were sent out to the far corners of the Christian world, pleading with foreign leaders to come to Christendom's aid. Iohannes was a proud man, but not so proud that he wouldn't call for aid and instead let Italy crumble back into the state it was once in. Months afterwards Rome itself had been taken, and events looked worrisome. Spending his days praying that aid would come, a vision one night came to Iohannes of the Lord himself, commanding him to stay strong for the sake of the men. If his faith did not falter, aid would come. The Lord must have deemed Iohannes's cause honourable, for not a day later the prestigious Spanish King Enrique's sizable army had landed in Rome, to help the Pope's forces push the Milanese back North. An encouraging letter had also arrived from the Austrian
King Albrecht, who claimed he was butchering many Bohemian men, and to 'Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East.'

Together, the armies of Christendom turned the tide in the war, for which the Pope was most grateful and thus in their debt. Without their help the Milanese would have surely tried to install their own corrupt puppet as Pope, and subjugated the people of Italy once more. Iohannes knows that when the armies of Christendom are united, there is no power on Earth that can withstand their might. Intriguingly however, when he inquired as to how the Milan could fund such an impressive army to fight in that war, the Pope found Milan had been courting diplomats from Morocco, the Ottoman Empire and the Timurids, who had most certainly been funding the war. Does this mean that the Arabs have their designs set on Europe? This sudden realisation shocked Iohannes. Aware of the roar of the crowd behind him again, he turned towards one of his most trusted bishops. He knew he must quickly send word to the rest of Christianity and spread the alarm, however a severe burning pain in his chest prevented him from speech. His frail body collapsed to the ground, clutching to the robes of the bishop for support, as he felt paralysed by the sensation. He could see through a thick haze around him different servants, shouting out for aid. "It's too late," Iohannes thought weakly to himself, "I'm going to die." He realised the wine he had been drinking was a 'special' vintage sent by the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. As the darkness enveloped his vision, the image of a laughing bearded Arab, rubbing sweaty hands greedily over Europe, haunted his last dying thoughts.

0528-keffieh-smile.jpg

Last edited:
Founding of the Empire

We start the game with high hopes, dreams, and ambitions, only to have them squashed by getting the recover Normandy mission twice in a row. Not wanting to appear like a warmonger, we bide our time, build up a nicely-sized treasure and wait, wait, wait for our chance...

sand_clock1.jpg

Who dropped that?!?!?!

Finally we get a worthwhile mission - vassalize the scots. Not having to be told twice, the royal army is sent forth to end the scottish nation once and for all. 2 years later, it is no more.

map_scotland.jpg

Invasion map issued to english leaders

With our soldiers idle and still blood-thirsty after the conquest, the irish nations fall in quick succession, painting the british isles red, both figuratively and actually.

0.jpg

All is well...

For some reason, Brittany was allied to one of the irish nations, so they are invaded and conquered. All that stands between England and world conquest is.....that it takes over 100 points to actually vassalize the damn bretagnes. Very well 3 provinces are taken anyway, reducing our infamy to slightly above the devil´s.

109240_big.jpg

Nobody attacked us though, for some reason...

However, we are able to declare THE EMPIRE.

emperor-palpatine.jpg

Was it worth it? OH YEAH!!!

Meanwhile, France is in dire straights against Burgundy, so we take advantage of that war plus our next mission to gain our ancestral lands of Picardie, giving the weadly ruler of holland several heart attacks in the process as our might army conquers antwerpen.

heart-attack.jpg

Hollands ruler in dire straights

After this conquest we are content to build temples with all our extra shiny gold and watch Europe burn in wars as the pope of all people sends thousands to their deaths and eternal enlightenment, no doubt.

evil-pope-painting-g.jpg

We are happy to be half a continent away...

But soon, another mission leads us against Brittany once more, this time they are defeated again without much fanfare but actually gain 3 provinces from the war - as an eternal and happy ally under our enlightenend leadership.

vassal.gif

Everybody wins. In this case, really.

With the rest of our interest in feebly shaking french hands we opt to show some mercy and retire our soldiers to chase around rebels for the next years, watching our infamy go from devil-like to black-plague-like.

plague100%25.jpg

We are rightly feared...but for all the wrong reasons! We are loveable! REALLY!

Our stability to something resembling the timurid horde.

WitchRitualKissSatan-e.jpg

We get the feeling our infamy and stability are tied, hmm...

In the Year of the One Lord 1399 Abu-Sa'id Uthman III proclaimed himself Sultan of the Sultanate of Morocco. A despot by heart he took it upon himself with divine guidance to stear the one great nation into the new century.

He quickly surrounded himself with sound advisor to help him in the matters of the court. With a new conscription based army, he expanded the troops under his banner and with the help of the Royal Treasurer he initiated a series of censuses to make sure everyone pays their dues to his fledging crown.

In just two year he stabilised the country to face the dangers of the 15th century. Messengers arrived offering the help of foreign courts in his endeavours. He quickly concluded an alliance with the Wise Ottomans, to whom he gave his blessing to establish a kingdom of their own in Anatolia. His friend the Sultan of Granada expressed distress however from a rising threat to the north, to which he paid little attention.

Seeking his rightful place in the region Abu-Sa'id moved against Algiers, who's armies he quickly defeated and parts of its lands subjugated. Nevertheless in the tragic year 1403 the heathen Portuguese invaded, fuelled by the ignorance of their king and promise of false riches. With Algiers beaten the Sultan moved his armies to meat the new threat that was pillaging the peaceful lands of Morocco.

With the heathens driven back to the sea, the Sultan set to expand his control to the new territories. He focused the matters of the court in the region. Enacted land reforms and continued to count his population.

Heralds brought news that his dear friends the Ottomans were successfully uniting the lands in their sphere, while Christiandom was descending in turmoil and bloodshed.

Alas in the year 1413 the Lord decided Abu-Sa'id's mission was over and called him over in his realm to guide him, leaving Morocco richer and bigger than before.

Abdalhaqq II, sole heir to the throne, took over his father the reins of power. Inept in the matters of state he nevertheless moved quickly to expand the realm. His initiated conquest of Al-Djazair brought the remnants of Algiers into the Moroccan realm. Nevertheless, he was unable to come to the aid of Granada, his close ally, which was brutally assaulted without any reasons by the heathen armies of Castille. The Sultan of the Ottomans tried to provide help with a 10,000 strong cavalry army, but poor tactics from its Generals doomed the campaign to utter failure. The realm of Granada was no more with thousands butchered by the Castillian oppressor.

With Muslims driven out of Iberia, Abdalhaqq pursued a policy of isolation from direct European affairs, preferring to work in the shadows of European courts. He provided indirect support to Milan in their conquest of Rome, whos' pope he saw as corrupt and barbaric. He remained bemused how easily blinded Christians are to promises of gold and power. He initiated a series of diplomatic manoeuvres which brought Tunisia and the Timurids as allies. In response to the atrocities committed by the Castillians and to show the importance of his newly conquered lands, he designated Al-Djazair as a Trade Centre for his realm and neighbours in the Glorious year 1422, further isolating his country from Iberian influence. Having seen the marvels of the Ottoman Diwani Script he established it in his lands as a new style for all state documents.

Last edited:
Castille
1399-1424

545px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Heir_of_t.png

These past few decades have been glorious indeed for the most Catholic Kingdom of Castille. The barbaric infidels have been pushed out of Iberia, the prospect of a united Spain is closer than ever and the Castillian people prosper. Enrique's reign shall be forever remembered as one in which great things were accomplished, and great numbers of godless infidels were killed. As well as great martial successes, Enrique has proved himself a formidable diplomat, forging new alliances with natural allies in Europe.

Perhaps the part of his reign that shall be recalled most vividly in stories passed down the generations is his great victory over the infidels in Granada and their Turkish and Moroccan allies. There was once a time when Islam all but dominated Iberia, but now every trace of that most base and abhorent religion shall soon be scoured from the peninsula. Missionaries are hard at work in the regions formerly controlled by Granada, attempting to save the souls of the people down there who had been deceived into believing the lies of Islam. God knows mercy, and so these people need not be damned to hell for their foolishness, so long as they rejoin the truth faith.

For all their strong words and threats, the Moroccans failed to protect their Granadan allies, with the Moroccan 'Sultan' probably losing control of his bowels at the thought of having to fight an honest war against the might of the true Christian faith. The Turks sent a horde, managing to land it in Iberia through dishonest trickery we thought even the heathens above. Large in number though this horde may have been, this mass of unwashed, untrained and cowardly Turks was no match for proper Spanish soldiers, and short work was made of the heathen army.

ksm.jpg

A picture of the Turkish General as he was captured

The King also led his army to glory in battle in Italy, as he rode to the aid of the embattled Pope. The great successes the unified Catholic forces had in Italy really show just how strong and unstoppable a force the true faith can be when all loyal Catholics unite. So long as infighting does not tear our dear religion apart, there is no way the heathens can ever threaten Christendom.

Domestically, affairs are also going well, with the King producing a strong heir who is set to carry on his father's divinely-inspired work when the King dies, although that is unlikely to be for many years, with the King in such rude health as he is. The royal heir shows a healthy desire to hunt and kill infidels, and both King and heir would be more than willing to support any crusade against the heathens the Pope would like to launch. Christendom can not afford to rest until every last heathen is either converted to the true faith or killed in an as horrible a manner as possible.

In lighter news, the Royal Palace and it's affairs have been running smoothly with a new project recently being undertook to to re-decorate the front of the palace in an even more splendid fashion. For reference, here is a picture of the front of the Royal Palace as it stands now:

royal-palace-madrid.jpg

Internationally, the Moroccan palace has also been also undergoing an expansion project, with a new series of dungholes being dug to the western side. A picture of that palace is also presented for reference:

vinkor.1141395720.al_berbere_hut.jpg

Relations between Castille and Portugal are also better than ever before, with the two kingdoms recognising the necessity to work together to keep the insidious Islamic influence out of beautiful Iberia and further the efforts of Christianity. For, although the heathen nations have been pushed out of southern Iberia, this must be only the start of a far grander reconquista if we are to have any lasting security. The heathen nations may protest that they want peace, but these 'people' know no honour, they are not bound by their word in the way we true Christians are. They will seek out every opportunity to erode our Christian beliefs, to encroach deeper into our fair Europe, and so we we must not tolerate their false religion.

Last edited:
Christianity and the Middle-East

As the last command of Pope Iohannes XXIII, a joint-taskforce will be sent by Castille and the Papal State, to secure a foothold in the Middle-east. This foothold will ensure that the Holy Lands will be safely in Christian hands, so that any pilgrims wishing to travel to visit the most holy city of Jerusalem can do so unmolested. Reports of the muslim brutality of late towards christians had horrified the Pope, who was determined to guarantee the safety of all Christians on their holy pilgrimage. As follows are the proposed plans for the middle-east:

HttTmiddle-east_filled_1024x948-1.jpg

The yellow provinces represent what shall be under the control of Castille, with the lighter, cream, colour provinces being those owned by the Papal State. Most notably Jerusalem shall safely be under direct government by the Pope. Do not think that the Pope has neglected the needs of the Ottoman Sultan in the area, represented by the green on the map, as he plans for the Ottomans to also have access to the Gulf of Suez through a 'Corridor for Camels' as shown. This guarantees that any Ottoman concerns will have been seen to regarding the access to the Gulf for their camels to drink from before the long trip back to Istanbul. To avoid tension between the two faiths a demilitarised AI buffer zone will be set up, as shown by the brown on the map.

Godspeed, brave men of Castille and Italy.

Papal%20Seal.png

Last edited:
Castille completely endorses, supports and agrees to the terms set out above. This must be carried out for the good of all humanity.

150px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Heir_of_the_Crown_of_Castile_13th-16th_Centuries.svg.png

Last edited:
The Great and Terrible Timurid Empire of the East shall hold the borders of the Mama Luke Empire with their brothers of Allah.

d5248823l.jpg

Notice our seal is much larger as well.

A New France for a New Century

Throughout the last two decades Europe has hear rumours of a France rife with revolution, poverty, pain and war. As the proud leader of this great nation I cannot honestly declare these rumours to be lies, however the extent of their truth can be questioned to a much greater degree. There are people who wish to use such innuendos as hardened spear, penetrating the tender flesh of Lady France, impairing her reputation and pride. I say to such people, and, in fact, all those who believe such subterfuge, although the dear Lady has fought through difficult times, a mixture of war, revolution and at points economic disparity, the hardship has only strengthened her. France yet lives, every hardship making her fine figure all the more prominent!

Flag_of_medieval_France.png

The French Flag Proudly Raised​

The first years of the new century were prosperous for France, the realm was stable and calm - new found trade income kept the coffers healthy, and high taxes ensured all the major figures in France had fine wi- all the resources required to run a country successfully. However with each passing day the Tyranny of Burgundian rule loomed ever closer, their peasant leaders insulting the fine people of France, whilst claiming pure soil as their own. It was clear that their vile ways had to be stopped, and our land reclaimed. The question of war was settled, the campaign was to begin at the end of the decade. As the time of war approached the kind rulers of France noticed the plight of the Flemish people; a race being oppressed by Burgundian rule, and in need of support. It was through this pity that our leaders offered an alliance with the Flemish people; they would call all their men to arms and attack from the north, whilst the brave men of France attacked the prevailing forces. The plan was perfected, and battle was set, in the middle of 1409 the war was declared. At first all went well, the Burgundian forces were slaughtered, and their provinces captured, but before long not all seemed to be right. Vast armies approached from the West, the armies of Bohemia. This looming grey mass proved to be a turning point in the war; although the men of France stood strong, holding their ground and fighting for every meter of land, the same could not be said of the spineless Dutch. Their numbers and power were required; the French forces were spread thin - any further dilution would remove all chances of a win in battle. Another army was required to help defend the disputed lands. However it was at this pivotal moment that the Dutch general dropped his flag and ran for cover, fleeing from the battle and deserting the French men.

800px-jacques_bertaux_-_prise_du_palais_des_tuileries_-_1793_.jpg

The French Stand Brave Against Their Adversaries

With each passing month the French morale declined, and the battle conditions worsened, our men fought valiantly but there were only so many young men fit for battle. As the country neared its limit times were grey, diplomats were slaving over treaties trying limit the damage to the French economy and influence, as the wax solidified on the final treaty offer a golden light flooded the palace; an excited cry was heard, "Sir! Sir! The Spanish army approaches, their commander says they are headed towards the Bohemian forces!" Once again the fate of France had been altered, but for once it was for the good. With this new found force the attacking armies were defeated, and a white peace was signed.

Batalla%20Navas%20de%20Tolosa%20-%201212.jpg

A Glorious Victory Against the Bohemian Forces

Prosperous times awaited France, over the next years stability and prosperity was regained. The future looks to be bright for France, we are once again prosperous and our armies stand strong once more. We shall repay Burgundy for the blood they have spilled! Onwards to Glory!

Josef_Mathauser_-_Kr%C3%A1l_Jan_v_bitv%C4%9B_u_Kres%C4%8Daku.jpg

A Tiding for the Future: The Bohemian Alliance Shall Pay!

Last edited:
The Timurid nations wonders why the French and Burgundians blow smoke at each other in battle..

the mighty Ming of the east think the smoke is used to hide themselves from the deadly archers. Well an AAR sounds fun though i didnt do to much ill have to dress it up and make it interesting...ish.

In the annals of portugal...

In a small corner of Europe, unbeknownst by most of the knowenest world, the small nation of portugal raises it´s proud banner.
Removed from any external threats by the protection of it´s galant spanish allies on land and it´s own valiant navy against the infidels across the vast expanse of almost 100 kilometers of water, it waits for it´s turn on center stage of world history - and watches the waves roll by as nothing happens.

real_waves.jpg

But beholdest!
In the year of the lord 14....somethingish, the might island of the azores becomes the first colony of this proud nation and is without much difficulty transformed into a vibrant city with 3 carpenters and 240 ale houses to alleviate the boredom that follows this most exciting event.

Fullhouse640.jpg

But even as peace reigns throughout our lands and we watch the rest of europe tear itself apart, most wonderful imprevements are made as inflation plummets, a regency council is sworn in and a new ship is commissioned to celebrate the 2942 day without any news out of our country.

187.jpg

And so, another chapter in the glorious portugese history comes to a close - none to soon for our esteemed chronicle-writers, who gladly take up more exciting positions as seagull counters on our mighty new island possession.

72856881.jpg

The Emperor of Ming it seems had come to a sudden awareness during his later years, his country the birthright of his faimly was slipping slowly from his clumsy thickwitted fingers. Rebels of all sorts were rising demanding the petty greviances be given their foolish and arrogant demands. Neo-confucianist, peasents, nationalist of every sort, even the "buddist" rose their visious and brutal armies belying their claims of enlightenment. Now aware of the foolishness he had caused with his petty wars and idiotic desicions he dispatched generals to stomp out the rebels. For years the armies traveled the land destroying rebels where they found them and rooting out of the strongholds they had taken. Thousands died but the rebels rallied again and again seemingly endless as eventually the northern provinces broke away. Unable to keep the south fully in check with the men at his disposal the goverment watched in terror as more and more of the north fell to the rebels. Tired and the armies nearly exsausted of men the Emperor himself went alone to see what these stubborn ingrates had to say. To his shock their only complaint was how firmly he held the power to rule them! Quickly agreeing the north of Ming was once again free and in the years of peace that followed the emperor died knowing he despite being an imbecile he had preserved mighty Ming.

In the years that followed his son spent many a year punishing the orat hordes, manchu and the korans for their interferance in the days of Ming weakness all the while watching the mighty nation of japan of the coast. So far they had made great friends with many a deal made to the delight of both sides.(hopefully ha) In his reign the interest of heavy minting driven high by the years of internal war were actually brought down slowly. For once in several lifetimes Ming was properous and strong. Interested deeply in the lands beyond their ken and settled in as one of the dominate powers of the east Ming may have the luxury of investigating these powers.

Russia United

King Vassily I Nassan stood upon the balcony outside his chamber. It had been a long path to reuniting Russia, something which upon inheriting the throne of Muscowy didn't believe was possible, but his advisers told him that it was a sure way to getting legitimacy. It was a sad thing however that this didn't extend to his son who was destined to be a great king, even after his close brush with death.

He returned to his chambers and stand down at his desk. He brought up the courage to open the letter that arrived two days ago. Send by courier all the way from Holland. Upon reading the letter his fears were confirmed, his dear mother has passed away, but a few years after his brother. He bowed in head in silence, despite all the treachery she had done towards him, he still loved his mother.

He wrote his condolences to his nephew, Willem VI Nassan; King of Holland, but not without distaste. His refusal of an alliance between family has not been forgotten.

Well at work so I don't have access to my saves or anything. The Timurid empire finally crushed Delhi, though Rajsomethingorother actually took Delhi once I chopped it down to a 1 province, so I need to go to war with them and Nepal and Tibet to get my cores and form the Mug Empire. Having this tribal government is still killing me, rebels up the arse, had 40k+ at one point after my last leader died and I got a regency council. And of course my 28 year old heir died about three years before his father..so my regency council is going to be here for a while..so I have to wait AGAIN to take the rest of the provinces I need while my poor economy suffers from rebels and a lack of stability event a little before my ruler's death. All in all not the best turn out for the Timurid nation, but it could have been worse and the nation is rebel free at the save and the armies are back up to strength.

EDIT- Also vassalized Persia since they broke their alliance with me. So now three vassals, and I allied with them all now.

Draft Proposal of The Treaty of Quirinal
(Papal State, Castille and England vs. the defeated powers of Austria and Bohemia)

maggiore.jpg

Palazzo del Quirinale, summer residence of the Pope and host to the Allied powers peace talks.

Article 231 of this peace treaty states 'The Allied Governments affirm and Austria accepts the responsibility of Austria and her allies for causing all the loss and damage to which the Allied Governments and their nationals have been subjected as a consequence of the war imposed upon them by the aggression of Austria and her allies.' As such, reparations to the Governments of Castille and England shall be paid to the sum of 300 ducats each, by the year of 1444. If the payments are not met by this date, hostilities will be recommenced.

Austria accepts that the land of Schwyz shall be ceded to the Papal State, and respects the wishes of the Papal State to control provinces of Italian culture. Austria shall also demilitarise its border with the Papal State, and as such station no troops there which would pose the danger of striking at the Papal State once again. Furthermore, Austria agrees to limiting its standing army to 15,000 men. Finally, Austria will break all agreements with Bohemia.

Signed by the leaders of the Papal State, England and Castille:

victoria.gif
"We shall squeeze the Austrians until the pips squeek" - Emperor Henry VII of England
Papal%20Seal.png

Pope Iohannes XXIII of the Papal State​
150px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Heir_of_the_Crown_of_Castile_13th-16th_Centuries.svg.png

Queen Juana of Castille​

Last edited:
In the first years, the Archduke devoted most of his resources to fighting the Pope's wars. Hungary helped Austria acquire Krain and Gorz. Then my faithful ally, The Papal States got the great idea to involve Austria in another war with the Emperor. The Emperor's stacks decimated the Austrian forces. Luckily, Bohemia graciously withdrew its forces or we would have been annihilated. 1424 witnessed the depleted Austrian armies trying to reform after getting nearly wiped out by the Emperor and his legions. The Archduke determined to gain his prestige back, joined in a war against the Bavarians and the Emperor again. But poor manpower and generalship proved once again the Archduke was not up to the task. The Pope joined the war late, but the Archduke was forced to beg for terms to save what little manpower remained. Apparently, Hungary has become desirous of Austrian lands. In any event, the Archduke was incapacitated and his regent decided to attack the Papal States with the its new ally, Bohemia. The war went badly for the Pope until his allies, Castille and England came to his aid. Now the war looks bleak for the Archduke. His regent apparently still harbors blood lust with his faithful ally. The Archduke, struggling to regain control of his realm, had to fight back the regent and quell the war plans against the Pope.

Harsh peace terms have kept the Archduke in frail health. He is gathered with his advisors seeking a way to placate the most holy father.

The Austrian people are eager to see how this mad power struggle in Austria turns.

Last edited:
Curiousity spiked and tempting stories of advanced forms of warfare and society promptly pushed the ming into sending a small party into the unknown. Years later the party returned strange clothing and weapons lending truth to the claims that they had found the strange lands of ur-ope. A warlike and unforgiving place the people there still managed to know many more things than the Ming could imagine. Even though they failed to bring any useful maps or even directions to this place they have found there might be friends or at least allies in a recently humbled faction of this strange land...

The emperor listened with awe at the tales of ur-op war and socity. That such a splintered and warlike people could acheive such great things astounded the young Emperor. Each memeber of the party was given a great amount of gold for their news and minor titles of noblity. Now the emperor readied the army for wither he aimed for this strange land or not the hordes deserved some lessons on who was the master of asia.

just wanted to kinda put my spin on the recent developments in european politics.

Oh and how do you add pics?

It was that on the second day of the second month in the glorious year of 1432 that Hisham I ascended to the throne of Morocco, marking a new era for the country. His 20 years of rule were marked by prosperity for all the people of his realm. He embraced culture, expanded trade and established diplomatic contacts to the far east.

He continued the already established policy of avoiding direct contacts with the crazy Europeans, whom he viewed as inferior. Nevertheless he maintained some relations with the family of Nassau.

While he was a devoted administrator he didn't spare his troops the chance to prove their loyalty to him. The Mamluks had been holding the holy lands for too long. Most importantly they continued to refuse to take part in the grand alliance between Morocco, the Ottomans and the Timurids Empires.With relations rapidly deteriorating, due to a trade dispute between the two sultanates, the only outcome was war.

After 4 long years the Mamluks had been beaten, their lands burned and its ruler taken prisoner. The three Sultans went ahead in dismantling the undeserving sultanate, with the Ottomans assuming direct control of the Holy lands of Judea.

It was shortly after that the Moroccan Ambassador in Constantinople reported that the pope himself had come to grovel for a catholic port in the Levant. His total lack of understanding of foreign culture shown by his ridiculous insinuations the Muslims eat curry was his undoing and he returned rapidly to Rome with his tail under his legs.

In the last years of his reign Hisham I embarked on his most grandiose reform, abolishing the despotic system that had existed until now and opting for a feudal model to manage his vast lands.

Just like his predecessors his mission ended in the year 1452.

His son Ahmad I, while not as good administrator as his father, continued the policies of peace and stability. He continued the contacts with the house of Nassau and sent ships to scout the coast of Africa, who brought interesting news with each discovery.

He found the kingdom of Oyo with whom he tried to establish friendly relations and expand trade. His peaceful overtures, however, were met with total hostility on the part of the savages. The 5 days war ended with the ruler of Oyo deposed and his kingdom turned into a tributary of Morocco.

It's late, so its not really well written. My bad.