Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1308

Thread: (Saturday) Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congrats on Indian might. I certainly underestimated your strength and overestimated Russia's strength. That mistake was the OE's downfall in the recent war. The Pope was beaten and cowering with his tail between his legs, but India is a formidable force.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Despite the Ottomans being pushed back at first, being ill-prepared for the harsh Italian winter, vast swathes of Italian land in the east was eventually under siege by the Ottomans. Many Italian men had been lost in the Ottoman's incessant attacks, partly due to the Pope's order that any soldier who wanted to 'fall back' would be shot for cowardice. Not only this, but due to the repercussions from previous wars, the mighty Papal army had been but a tenth of its previous strength at the start of the war. However, many more freshly recruited men were coming to the front in a sudden rush of patriotism to bravely defend their Motherland.

With Papal forces on the retreat, and the Ottoman army in hurried pursuit, it soon became apparent to both Ottoman and Italian command that the entire fate of the war hinged upon the defence of the city of Popegrad. The loss of such a vital city would allow the Ottomans access to the oil-rich Caucasus, and also pave the way to a march on Rome. Popegrad proved to be not only a major point in the grand campaign, but a showdown between the Sultan and the Pope, who were both determined to not back down. Thankfully, the Ottoman Sixth Army, and the attached Panzer Camel Divisions, were unable to take Popegrad and it proved to be a glorious victory for the Italians. Such tales of individual heroism and bravery were sung as the Papal army marched for Istanbul!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

So what happend, was a peace signed?

Need more conscription centers Gots's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IICK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yeah, Khurezan~(smth smth) and Iraq to the Indian reich, and Cyprus and crete to the country blessed by "the god" itself!

edit: gotta love the panzer camel division/

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Yeah, and don't forget 3000 ducats is still to be paid to the Papal State as reparations. Anyway, I'm uploading the new stats and map but they've hit the image cap on the front page, so I'll post the maps and images here in separate posts and then link to it from the front page. I am so clever!

Campaign Stats

>To front page

Note this table does not include Russia, which is at roughly the same income as Morocco.

(Following the two major-wars)
    Last edited by Alphazord; 14-11-2010 at 22:01.

Last edited by Alphazord; 14-11-2010 at 22:05.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Never mind. Move on.
    Last edited by James The 1st; 12-10-2010 at 20:55.

EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States of America
    Then the Ottomans, wedged between two foes, one underestaimated previously and anoter temporarily weakened by war, is screwed. Germany awaits possible defeat. However, don't think that taking Berlin will cause me to surrender completely and utterly, although its gonna hurt me psycologically that my capital was taken by Dutch. But it will only make me more resiliant in destroying the armies of the heretical bastards who trample my land. With Russian reinforcements perhaps two years a way at best, the Germans will not surrender. British reinforcements, the regiments not completely destroyed, are only a few months, maybe a year away. GERMANY, being the center of hatred and aggression since the partition of Austria, fights on.

On a side note, we are looking forward to a little more cooperation rather than war with the Pope, who had been a major distraction that the Western Allies had been looking for to weaken Germany. I propose a non-aggression pact that will last twenty five years at the least so that we may focus our attentions elsewhere.

And as ANOTHER side note, why the heck HAVE I been the center of hatred and war? What the fudge did I do? I mean, seriously, did I miss something along the bumpy train ride to the eighteenth century?

I remember a time when I was actually the heart of an endearing fan base that included the Dutch (Okay, maybe not fanbase, but frinedlies). Now I'm fighting three powers on my soil that have the French, Spanish, and Dutch colors. Now, I'm sure we all can agree that the Dutch using their alliance to rush me is not a new tactic in overall warfare of ToR, but thier exact ambitions are somewhat new and should be looked upon. I never loved being the big bad boy of Europe, even when I was fighting with the Pope but seriously? This is just a bit much. The main tactical mistake I made was not crushing the Dutch armies early on, instead focusing on keeping the French at bay.
    Jack Newsoia

It is the responsibilty of the leader to protect those whom cannot defend themselves, because at one time or another, it was the people who decided that they were the ruler of thier realm...

Quote Originally Posted by james the 1st View Post
    grrr, i have found out i will miss the next 3 sessions.
    ragequit!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphazord View Post
    ragequit!
    Never mind.
    Last edited by James The 1st; 12-10-2010 at 20:56.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

There can be no mistake as to why this current war of the great Dutch Republic against Germany came about. Threatened on all sides by bigger and more powerful neighbours, it became clear to me that it was imperative that Dutch manpower and military capabilities be enhanced by all possible means. To this end, a deal was proposed to the Hun that amounted to them selling some of their bordering provinces, with in return our support for their expansion elsewhere. This plan was swept aside immediately and without hesitation, and thus it became clear that no cooperation was to be expected whatsoever. Luckily, in France and Spain, my great republic found staunch supporters of our cause and compatible objectives, and the inevitable wars ensued quickly. We are now compelled to take by force what could have been bestowed upon us to mutual benefit in peace, and to this end we will chase the kaiser out of Berlin as many times as will ultimately prove necessary. With the Indian hordes clammoring at the very gates of Europe, weakness now will mean certain death later.

My republic nevertheless regrets it has come to this, and especially that old friends like Great Britain and Russia were dragged into a war we tried so hard to avert. This is why now also diplomatic wheels are set in motion that might lead to a renewed offer to the Germans of friendship and cooperation. It remains to be seen what comes of this, but whatever that might prove to be, we advise it to be thought over most carefully this time around.

EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States of America
    Speak high and mighty all you want, the only ones you really felt threatened from was GB and MAYBE Germany with France and Spain as your allies. And I hate to drop the ball, but if I was willing to kill the Pope over a few cores in former Austria, what in the heck made you think I was going to create the same situation on my western front? I no longer find southern Austria that appealing, thank the Pope for that, and Swizterland has also proved unattainable, so the second I decide to sit down and reflect on that war you attacked me.

On a side note, why is it you would bother striking after I had already been so weakened by the Pope? Perhaps it was because you wanted to avoid the situation you are faced with now, fighting almost endlessly in German land chasing around the same stack (Ironically enough,same general numbers) that the Pope didn't crush until it (the stack) left Germany. If attrition doesn't finish you from sticking together, then my stack will finish your individual ones one by one. Either way you might as well consider I can still win this war.

Well, provided that I'm not attacked by other powers I might add.
    Jack Newsoia

It is the responsibilty of the leader to protect those whom cannot defend themselves, because at one time or another, it was the people who decided that they were the ruler of thier realm...

Quote Originally Posted by Pertinaxx View Post
    My republic nevertheless regrets it has come to this, and especially that old friends like Great Britain and Russia were dragged into a war we tried so hard to avert.
    Lol! Congrats Pertinaxx, you've taken propoganda to the next level! I think Kim Jong Il might have a job opening with your name on it.

Russia is forever and truly your hated enemy. There will never be peace between us untill the lives of the countless German women and children you massacred in the Rape of Berlin are avenged. You might as well surrender your ill-gotten gains now, otherwise your country will be left in ruins by the invincible armies of Russia and her glorious allies!
    Hey look, sjones25 made an EU3 AAR:
    Unhinged Loons (Finished!)
    WritAAR of the Week: June 6, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by sjones25 View Post
    Russia is forever and truly your hated enemy. There will never be peace between us untill the lives of the countless German women and children you massacred in the Rape of Berlin are avenged. You might as well surrender your ill-gotten gains now, otherwise your country will be left in ruins by the invincible armies of Russia and her glorious allies!
    Then in the same spirit you bring war, we will wage it. Our occupation of Berlin surely is looked back upon as the happiest time its residents have ever known, and we surely shall let them enjoy our benevolant republican rule a few more times again. Not Russia's inept Czar, its primitive armies nor all its starving serfs combined will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack188 View Post
    On a side note, why is it you would bother striking after I had already been so weakened by the Pope? Perhaps it was because you wanted to avoid the situation you are faced with now, fighting almost endlessly in German land chasing around the same stack (Ironically enough,same general numbers) that the Pope didn't crush until it (the stack) left Germany. If attrition doesn't finish you from sticking together, then my stack will finish your individual ones one by one. Either way you might as well consider I can still win this war.
    The same general numbers? Count again. And as long as your ramshackle, fleeing stack stays cowering in your heartland we have naught to fear. Nor if it shows up near our armies to get another beating either for that matter. West Germany shall before long bask in the glory of my republic, its allies and republican rule.
    Last edited by Pertinaxx; 12-10-2010 at 12:09.

I propose we hold a conference in Rome to discuss a peaceful resolution to this invasion. Three neutral powers, being myself, India and Morocco, should decide upon who has the most claim to those provinces. Do the Dutch people really need more living space? Is Germany merely too big after annexing Austria? Only this court of neutral powers can reach a fair conclusion!

Also James, are you going to find subs for those three sessions or will we have to organise something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphazord View Post
    Also James, are you going to find subs for those three sessions or will we have to organise something else?
    Never mind
    Last edited by James The 1st; 12-10-2010 at 20:58.

Okey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10 35 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast