+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: (Saturday) Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

(Saturday) Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue

(Saturday) Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue

Beginning Sat 29th May,
    6:30-9:30pm GMT+1 (British Summer Time)
    7:30-10:30pm GMT+2 (Central European Summer Time)
    1:30-4:30pm GMT-4 (Eastern Daylight Time)

An Heir to the Throne multiplayer campaign.
    Patch 4.1b, checksum HYTM

GM: Alphazord
    Host: Alphazord

Brief Introduction

From the hosts of the phenomenally successful multiplayer campaigns 'Nations at War', 'Sovereigns of Europe', 'Friday Bonanza', 'Lords of Europe' and 'Imperial Ambitions', we bring you the long-awaited Time of Reckoning: Of Diplomacy, Empire and Intrigue. Such games previously took the Paradox-community by storm, resulting in a life-changing experience for many of those who attended. Taking place on Saturday evenings on a weekly-basis, this game is open to inexperienced players. All game expansions up to and including Heir to the Throne will be required, and the game shall take place on the latest beta patch available at the time of play.

For those who wish to participate and enjoy the game's relaxed atmosphere, we only ask that upon signing up you agree to commit to the vast majority of sessions and sport good attendance throughout. Nation selection will be done by posting below with a list of your four personal choices, which I will then examine and choose the nation I feel is best suited towards you as a player. This method not only ensures that all of the important nations are filled, but that they are also consequently filled with players that will maximise the enjoyment for everyone participating.

Rules

Above all else, we expect players to be respectful to one another. As follows is a fairly brief rule list:

No sowing discontent.
    No war taxes.
    Do not give money to AI nations other than through the gift system.

-Stability and bug avoidance:
    # No pausing except by general agreement. If the AI sneaks in and gets a peace treaty before you can do so, that's too bad.
    # If you are tabbed in the lobby when the rest of us are ready to go, you will be kicked and will have to wait for rehost.
    # If your 'has left the game' joke causes a rehost, you will be banned for that week.
    # One rehost per player per session, unless he's involved in a major PvP war or the like, in which cases allowances will be made.
    # Do not tab while we are in the loading screen. If you really need to mess around with some other program, do it the day before.
    # Do not type anything into the chat window until all players have arrived and the host has started the game. This can cause a crash.
    # No fleets over 150 in size.

-General rules and good conduct:
    # You may declare war upon anyone at any time.
    # It is forbidden to attack a player who is currently AI (including their vassals), however if the AI declares war unprovoked, it is reasonable to take provinces in return from that nation.
    # Stab-hitting people on purpose through absurd peace-demands is not allowed in any situation.
    # You may use the session saves to generate maps of the entire world. Please do not use the session saves for any other purpose that might reveal, inter alia, other players' income, forces, or disposition of same forces.
    # No DOWing a non-core non-bordering vassal of a player nation. DOWing vassals of AI countries is ok.
    # No selling provinces to the AI. Provinces may be sold to players only. Only non-core provinces may be given to the AI.
    # If a war between players ignite, but the alliance is lead by an AI, a human player may NEVER sign a peace with the AI taking human provinces.

-On Peace Treaties:
    # No demanding more than 4 core european provinces from player nations. This also holds true for wars against asian cores of asian player nations. Also no demanding more than 90% in a peace treaty from a player nation, unless they are on their last province.
    #In the unlikely event of a player being completely annexed, the defeated player is free to rejoin as a different nation in the following session, however cannot play for the rest of the current evening.
    # If your warscore hits -60% you must accept any treaty offer of 20% or less, except where it violates the above rule.

Obviously not being mentioned in this list does not mean it is allowed, as common sense and my own moral compass will be used in such situations that arise not being covered by the rule list.

Nation Roster :

France - Wampbit
    Great Britain- Formerly Aleksei, now played by Bokardia
    Spain - Monkeyhybrid
    Portugal - Petterson
    Austria - Zombiemutant
    The Papal State- Alphazord
    Russia - Formerly Endalos, now played by Sjones
    Ottoman Empire - James the 1st
    Germany - Jack188
    Prussia - SteveThePirate
    Netherlands- Formerly ThePirateMan, now played by Pertinaxx
    Poland - Eowyn
    Morocco - Formerly Bulmaster, now played by Daroog
    Vijayanagar - Gots

Do not hesitate to post if willing to sub.

AAR Thread

Campaign Stats

Maps

This campaign bears the BiB Seal of Approval.

Senior forum administrator 'BiB', well-known in the community for his sometimes heavy-handed but mostly fair moderating, has stated that 'This campaign really exemplifies my vision of an accessible forum game, which looks like a great deal of fun for all who participate.' He is a firm believer in the enjoyment brought by EU3 multiplayer, and wholeheartedly endorses this campaign, along with the many other fine campaigns being run to a lesser extent. There is no doubt that people can have a great time whilst playing EU3 with others.
    Last edited by Alphazord; 07-06-2012 at 22:26. Reason: Removed link to inappropriate site

EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States of America
    MOre or less, I'm interested in this camapaign. Unfortuantly, I don't know what region GMT time is; if so, I could have just used my phone to convert the times from GMT to CST. I am rather commited to attending games, although new games I have a tendancy to arrive late (not extremely) for the first few sessions.

My experience as a MP player can be summed up as having DECENT Diplomatic Skills (3 star rating out of five stars total), Poor warring skills (2 stars) stronge nation management (4 stars) and am not someone to rapidly expand unless I have either cores or casus bellis. Even then, I tend not to attack other players often, if at all.

My best three nation choices would be the Hansa (Merchent Republic) Byzantine (LOTS of Cores on Ottomans, meaning easy just cause for war) or Denmark (In a PU with Sweden and Norway, making it more or less easy to form Scandanavia). A final possible choice would be Portugal (More colonization than warfarring).

JUST hit the time converter, and realized I"d be getting up at one in the morning for this. A SIX hour difference and all, perhaps we could move this to maybe 11:00 or 13:00? I'm assuming those times are A.M?

*Stars Editted
    *TIme COnversion - GMT+ ANd BRits time converteed
    Last edited by Jack188; 13-05-2010 at 14:35.
    Jack Newsoia

It is the responsibilty of the leader to protect those whom cannot defend themselves, because at one time or another, it was the people who decided that they were the ruler of thier realm...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Monkey I'm putting you down for Castille. Jack it's GMT+1, sorry I've corrected that now, but that's like current British time. Seeing as you are in Texas I'm not sure what that would be for you, but if it works out alright I'd be happy to put you down as The Hansa.

Sorry they're PM times, another thing that should have been clearer

EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States of America
    I, once again, editted my post, and is this PM or A.M? If A.M, the time change request stands, but if P.M, I can work it. Anywho, Wouldn't I be better suited towards Portugal, because being territorially agreesive isn't my game? Perhaps Portugal, for the sake of the game, would be more suitable for my playstyle.

Gotta go, but that's fine then.
    Jack Newsoia

It is the responsibilty of the leader to protect those whom cannot defend themselves, because at one time or another, it was the people who decided that they were the ruler of thier realm...

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    SengokuMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This definitely looks fun; I've been needing to make some time for EUIII for a while, and this gives me the perfect excuse .

Regarding the lack of an heir to the throne icon, I will be buying the latest expansion in a couple of day.

My choices are:
    1. France
    2. England
    3. Austria
    4. Northern German Nation

I'm not a brilliant player but I can handle myself, and know the game well enough to play properly.

Yes those times are in PM, so in the 24-hour clock that would be 18:30-21:30+, looks like you can play! I'd be reluctant to place you in Portugal however because it often has a hard time to survive if the player Castille decides to be aggressive. The Hansa on the other hand as it stands has a comfortable cushion of AIs, very strong trading powers and a great potential for expansion. Let me know what you think...

Jack, CST is GMT-5, so assuming that the time is 6:30 pm and not am, that would be 2:30 in the afternoon for you.

Assuming it is in fact an evening game, I'd be interested in joining.

My preferred nations would be, in no particular order, england, russia (muscowy), ottomans, and 'north germany' (would probably go for hansa, holland, or TO if in this slot, not sure which yet).

Very little MP experience---I've played one session so far. I have a pretty good understanding of how the game works, just not much experience playing it with humans.

Wampbit France sounds ideal for you as I know we've played before, and Raskol, I think Teutonic Order may be the best out of your options considering your experience. I felt it was either that or Holland, however that can be difficult as it's a small country and easy to screw up if not played right. So I'll be putting you down for the Teutonic Order.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    GettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

England.
    England.
    England.
    England.

The Potato King demands it.
    "So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane"

It would be a privilege and my pleasure to have you as England, Aleksei.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphazord View Post
    Wampbit France sounds ideal for you as I know we've played before, and Raskol, I think Teutonic Order may be the best out of your options considering your experience. I felt it was either that or Holland, however that can be difficult as it's a small country and easy to screw up if not played right. So I'll be putting you down for the Teutonic Order.
    Well, if my experience is an issue, I'd be best placed in Russia or Ottomans, as I've played several campaigns as each.

That said, it's only multiplayer experience that I'm lacking. I've finished several Holland campaigns and I certainly won't have any troubles optimizing a country or handling the AI no matter where I'm situated.

The Teutonic Order will be fine, though if you want me in the north german slot I would hope you'd be okay with me choosing my own north german country.
    Last edited by Raskol; 13-05-2010 at 19:10.

What would you prefer Raskol?

Muscowy, to be honest, followed by ottomans :P

I only put england and north germany because you required four choices---those two are far and away my favorites to play and where I would do best. If I am to be in north germany, though, I'll have to get back to you on my preferred nation. It might very well end up being TO; my problem with them is mostly that their starting government type doesn't allow for personal unions, and they have terrible sliders. If I can find nothing better along those lines I may end up sticking with them---I'll let you know soon.

Alright, I'm putting you as the Ottomans then Raskol.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

1. Ottoman
    2. Timurids
    3. Maluks

My experince as a MP player, hm.

Worthless diplomacy
    Excellent pvp skills
    Good country management.
    Last edited by pilis; 13-05-2010 at 20:02.
    Madbugger says
    You're always evil.

I'm sorry, friend of the much despised Elcyion, but I feel in order to preserve the relaxed atmosphere of this campaign it's best if you don't play. There's the reasonably good people who are most welcome, but then you are what I see as I stated in my introduction, (One of the) 'same old elitists, who have been playing for years, dominating game after game stifling the enjoyment for many.'

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

I'm sorry, friend of the much despised Elcyion, but I feel in order to preserve the relaxed atmosphere of this campaign it's best if you don't play. There's the reasonably good people who are most welcome, but then you are what I see as I stated in my introduction, (One of the) 'same old elitists, who have been playing for years, dominating game after game stifling the enjoyment for many.'
    To each his own.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Years?

I have played multiplayer for 14 months now, lol.

But sure i can accept your reason even if i am far from a elitist player
    Madbugger says
    You're always evil.

I've now created an AAR thread for the game for those who are interested. I may start writing myself once the game is in full swing. Link here and on the front page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast