• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I'm just opposed to two of the three strongest nations in the world taking big chunks of territory off weaker neighbors. Byz partisanship plays a factor but it's mostly that.

They attacked us, took lots of our land, and now they attack us again. How do you advice we act? Pet them on their heads?

But the three strongest nations in the world are the HRE, Russia, and Persia. Actually, you could replace the HRE with Bavaria, depending on advisors. Considering Frosty as one of the strongest nations is again a fallacy. He is spread so far out that he could lose a war against myself or Spain if he were invading us.

For example: I only have a quarter or a third of his manpower, but I have it all in one place. It only takes a month or two to go from Poland to Zadar. It would take Frosty 4 or more months to walk all the way across his empire, and he could never bring 150k to bear against me at one time. I would always have local superiority.

Quote for page turn.

Darn you Frosty for covering up my post!!!

They attacked us, took lots of our land, and now they attack us again. How do you advice we act? Pet them on their heads?

You were planning to attack us. We both know that. This is a pre-emptive war.

That's why the morale and Death-Ray bugs are actually features! They simulate logistics!

This is the current B-S peace offer:

orientpropos3.jpg

which is not acceptable to the Lion-Eagle alliance. We shall see what Western Europe says.

Just like how the Polish were about to attack the Germans, right?

No, Egypt heavily implied it to me directly and afterwards I got heads up from another player.

What did they expect us to do? Wait for death?

Considering Frosty as one of the strongest nations is again a fallacy.

I'm still not entirely convinced of this, but if the rest of you players all agree with this analysis - that distance makes Persia individually stronger than Egypt - I will bow to your superior CK knowledge. But according to the base tax map Frosty gave me well over 3/4 of his base tax is east of Tunis. The way out there outreaches in Morocco only represent about 50 bt compared to much larger amount (~175?) that is fairly concentrated in Egypt and the Middle East.

Just like how the Polish were about to attack the Germans, right?

First of all you're not Polish you are Croat. And the Polish people will never follow you. Tilius shall take it's revenge from the deserts. Blood and Sand!

I'm still not entirely convinced of this, but if the rest of you players all agree with this analysis - that distance makes Persia individually stronger than Egypt - I will bow to your superior CK knowledge. But according to the base tax map Frosty gave me well over 3/4 of his base tax is east of Tunis. The way out there outreaches in Morocco only represent about 50 bt compared to much larger amount (~175?) that is fairly concentrated in Egypt and the Middle East.

If 75% of his MP is in Egypt, that's ~300k or less. That is in the same area as KoM and just about even with Foels.

I'm still not entirely convinced of this, but if the rest of you players all agree with this analysis - that distance makes Persia individually stronger than Egypt - I will bow to your superior CK knowledge. But according to the base tax map Frosty gave me about over 3/4 of his base tax is east of Tunis. The way out there outreaches in Morocco only represent about 50 bt compared to much larger amount (~175?) that is fairly concentrated in Egypt and the Middle East.

Faq, you are talking to multiple folks in a MP game. A game where "EVERYONE" is going to play the victim!! I believe all this talk is just a waste of time until someone gets their head handed to them.:)

They attacked us, took lots of our land, etc

When the first coalition attacked you and Russia you were both extremely strong superpowers. I wouldn't cry over you losing some land any more than I cried when KOM's similarly large early Med empire lost vast swaths of Italy in a gulp. But you aren't taking these swaths of land this time from superpowers.

Besides, any peace that actually settled the middle east in your permanent favor would lead to less drama for me as a peanut to enjoy. :( A revanchist Fatimid empire determined to retake Jerusalem from KOM would be fun and would give my Immortal more opportunity to test experimental death rays and necromancy and such on Fatimid troops.

Besides, any peace that actually settled the middle east in your permanent favor would lead to less drama for me as a peanut to enjoy.

Haha, peace in the M.E. :p

No, Egypt heavily implied it to me directly and afterwards I got heads up from another player.

Wait. We were planning an evil surprise attack and we told you first? Man, we must be dumb.

That's why the morale and Death-Ray bugs are actually features! They simulate logistics!

This is the current B-S peace offer:

I take it then Frosty that you are rejecting West Roman (et al) ultimatum?

If so I am glad and will expect much drama in the coming week.

Wait. We were planning an evil surprise attack and we told you first? Man, we must be dumb.

I don't think he said that. He said that the Byz-Persian surprise attack was prompted by the attack from you guys that they clearly saw coming and was not going to be a surprise at all.