• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Denmark and the HRE have NAPs, Bavaria is friendly with Russia and Croatia, and France... France I know nothing about.
And I suggest that Russia, it´s various puppet states and it´s second order puppet state (looking at you Al Andalus) start proposing reasonable peace-terms instead of HOI-era doomsday solutions, so that everyone can actually maintain their friendly relations with them.
This is a 900 year megacampaign, not a RTS deathmatch, so learn patience.

Last edited:
And I suggest that Russia, it´s various puppet states and it´s second order puppet state (looking at you Al Andalus) start proposing reasonable peace-terms instead of HOI-era doomsday solutions, so that everyone can actually maintain their friendly relations with them.

Care to tell us what you find unreasonable about wanting land they used to have back?

Finland recent the idea of making puppet states...and then ripp of the eyes and ears out from them. Finland was created as a duff as the Winners of the war didn't care to insist on the orginal demands and went too lenient in front of the defeated...
Now Jerusalm is mentioned and the defeated party is allready ripping it off from Jerusalem and Tiberias. Finland opposeses this and demands that Jerusalem is given to the new buffer state, or no such state shoulnd't be even made...

OOC: But I need Ike for subbing :(

start proposing reasonable peace-terms instead of HOI-era doomsday solutions,

I am willing to accept a peace whereby I get the exact same lands they took from me last war. The exact same land. The land that previously was held by me.

looking at you Al Andalus

They don't even have any men in theater, nor demand any land...

Death to the Fatimids!

*twirls mustache*

Finland opposes this and demands that Jerusalem is given to the new buffer state, or no such state shouldn't be even made...

1: You're supposed to be on our side you muppet!
2: There will be no bufferstate made up of my land.

Care to tell us what you find unreasonable about wanting land they used to have back?
The demands contain land that got shifted around during the course of several wars, decade-long vassal sniping affairs and assassination-manipulated inheritances.
If you fail to see how demanding all of that and then some more "for the trouble" in one single instance is unreasonable, then negotiations are indeed futile.
Your alliance members post maps with land lost to Germany*, Bavaria* and Vanaja** and then imply that their demands are little because they don´t demand "full compensation" for that. Seriously ?
I don´t know whom you are trying to kid with all that silly propaganda, but if you actually manage to kid yourselves then please try to look at it from a different angle.
On the other hand the negotiations went exactly where one expected them to go if the annexers of a player nation have the upper hand, so at least you guys are not unpredictable.

*not involved in the current war at all in case you forgot
**involved in the current war, but on your side in case you forgot

I am willing to accept a peace whereby I get the exact same lands they took from me last war. The exact same land. The land that previously was held by me.

''Land previously held by me'' is a funny term.

session11.jpg

Does that makes me the rightful owner of these lands?

The demands contain land that got shifted around during the course of several wars, decade-long vassal sniping affairs and assassination-manipulated inheritances.

No, they don't.

It's the land Frosty lost to KoM and Foels in the last war, I lost to KoM and Foels in the last war, and Byzantium for Yoshi. So please, tell me, how is one nation losing the land perfectly acceptable, but two nations sharing the loss a "HOI-era doomsday solution"?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

On the other hand the negotiations went exactly where one expected them to go if the annexers of a player nation have the upper hand, so at least you guys are not unpredictable.

Oh, you mean like Denmark annexed Wales, and Russia then gave the Walisian player a new realm? Yes, how horribly evil I am.

Since all of the warring parties in this conflict disavow aggressive intent the most reasonable solution to this confrontation would be a peace that resembles the pre-war borders, represent the current situation and do something to prevent such a conflict from occurring yet again.
I think the current Persian/Byzantine offer for peace reflect this very well and does little to disturb the pre-war balance of power while still adding an element that will hopefully help improve the stability of the region.

Therefore the Kingdom of Bavaria has decided to vouch their support for said offer and urge those who have rejected it to reconsider their decision. We would also like to point out our preference of having Jordan be a local free-state for fellow Christians in the region instead of the proposed Muslim.

Again, we wont accept any peace not returning the land Persia and Greece took from us in their very last attack on each of us.

Persia and Greece will come for either of us again, just when it suits them better: When Russia or Egypt is in a civil war, or something similar. We don't fight this war to destroy the two, we fight this war to give them less recources for their next attack on us, which is certain.

One war´s demands

Half a wars demands. Frosty lost twice that in a single war. I didn't see you terribly concerned about that.

Two war´s demands

I probably lost 3 times of what I am demanding back, and half of that is even going to Croatia.

Overall it is therefor actually less than one wars demands.

And then the richest province in the entire game on top of that.

Of course, "the richest province in the entire game" has a nice overtone. You can win many discussions with that, I'm sure. But fact is, it's a single province, and Yoshi might even be willing to settle for the same amount of BT from other provinces.

Also, didn't you demand Alexandria and Jerusalem "on top of that" in your last war against Egypt? That's just as much BT as Byzantium.

Last edited:
This is a 900 year megacampaign, not a RTS deathmatch, so learn patience.

I would like to mediate, but I must admit the statements of 'my' side are not particularly helpful. They want to return to a status quo where they were the super powers - understandable, but unreasonable, I am afraid.

While I stress that I will never abandon a friend in a time of need, I would urge Frosty and Von Rundstedt to look at the bigger picture: you are slowly but surely incurring the wrath of all the world. Statements like "I am willing to accept a peace whereby I get the exact same lands they took from me last war. The exact same land. The land that previously was held by me" are less than helpful, alas.

Politics is all about compromise. Make the best of a bad situation - you may be winning now, but imagine what happens when the HRE and Denmark join, against you?

How can one benefit from a buffer state in the middle east? One can, let us leave it at that. Make sure said buffer state is in your favour. Get rid of the nasty, exposed snake of territory in Syria (you are stretched out enough as is) - offer a plausible buffer state of your own.

Alternatively, let it come to a fight and lose more, dragging the few friends you have left down with you. As one of said friends, I would urge against this. I would lose much, but you would lose more.

''Land previously held by me'' is a funny term.

<old HRE map snipped>

Does that makes me the rightful owner of these lands?

It makes Fasquardon somewhat amenable to claims.
Think in current-day political reality, not in ancient 'claims'. We both know how you feel about claims, right ;)?

Oh, you mean like Denmark annexed Wales, and Russia then gave the Walisian player a new realm? Yes, how horribly evil I am.

Denmark Never annexed Wales in sense. I lost as a king Of England, and I stepped down from all my claims in the isles, what Michell then did was between him and AI and others eating AI in that region. His own peace offer to me included me to remain as the Duke of Wales region. So blaming Micheal for annexing me or Wales as a human played nation is wrong and defaming towards him.

Deus Vult!​

Empire_Crusader.jpg

Too long Christian countries has been excluded as negligible and irrelevant, too long have heretics kept our Holy site and denied access to pilgrims.

Now that changes.
The Whole Western World has united under one banner, banner of the Cross to smite the heathens and restore peace in the Middle East and bring Holy City back into hands of Christendom. Let the world tremble under feet of German Landsknechts, Frankish Knights, Viking Berserks, Swiss Guards and Genoese Crossbowmen. (And the spirit of vanquished Hussars) as they march for a cause worth fighting for.

Eternal bliss for everyone who joins our cause!

(Or back down sullenly if our demands are met without fight)

against who you are actually crusading? (its good to know as crusaders have had custom to loot and destroy such about everything in their path)

against who you are actually crusading? (its good to know as crusaders have had custom to loot and destroy such about everything in their path)

Off with your baseless accusations, every crusader becomes a saint warrior monk by mere bleesing of the Pope and the Holy Cross leading his way.

They might make a little detour to Helsinki to rest their weary legs and preach God`s wisdom.

But they say that its nice season in the mediterrainian this time a year, lots of tan girls and palm trees and... :D

But they say that its nice season in the mediterrainian this time a year, lots of tan girls and palm trees and... :D

Alexandria especially should be exquisite!