• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did some painstaking correlating of the base-tax map in Varyar's signature with the demands map you posted, and it looks like the Russian-Caliphate-Persian alliance is demanding a similar proportion of East Roman base tax (over a third of the total bt) to go directly to their own realms, as the Caliph was screaming about being far too harsh a peace deal to be given to an harmless AI realm when it was Cossacks under discussion (and which proposal was duly greatly reduced by the attackers).
You are clearly trying to apply some kind of symmetry axiom while trying to grasp the situation, but your attempts are futile because Russia and it´s lackeys do not subscribe to the same set of axioms as you.
It is an understandable, but severe mistake.

I just love the hat.

Success! :D

You are clearly trying to apply some kind of symmetry axiom while trying to grasp the situation, but your attempts are futile because Russia and it´s lackeys do not subscribe to the same set of axioms as you.
It is an understandable, but severe mistake.

I note also that any attempts at numerical "fairness" are bound to fail, this is a competitive game. It is in its intended nature for nations to win and lose, rise and fall. We are happy at victory, and unhappy over loss. If there was only peace the game would be boring, we wish after all to have some action, no?
Further; the notion that any player has any special 'right' to some specific set of pixels is in and of itself silly and applicable only in the form of roleplay. Of course there is a double standard, to draw it to its extreme; you and your allies gaining power=good and justified, your enemies gaining power=evil magiks and unlawful aggression. Vassals pledging to you=they are seeking refuge from the bad guys, you vassals pledging to somebody else=vassal theft.

Ok, its not quite that extreme, but you get my point. Some of us are into realpolitiks, others rp. Some envision mighty empires, others small traderepubliks. Our only real justification is "I wanted it" or "Taking it made sense strategically", and their reverse on the opposing side, the rest is just fluff. And nothing we should get to riled up over in the name of "justification", it's a computergame after all.

Last edited:
/subscribed

I note also that any attempts at numerical "fairness" are bound to fail, this is a competitive game.

I am not at all seeking fairness - it is obvious that the Eastern Empire and its allies should reign over all, fairness has nothing to do with that. I merely wondered about consistency. However, you are quite right that nobody should get riled up about all th...

Can an Immortal be extradited between players? :mad:

Fatimid aggression! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Consistency

I am consistent! Death to my opponents! Leniency for me and people I find useful!

Fatimid aggression! :mad: :mad: :mad:

What? You're the one who stated you are running from the law, I am merely probing my options for enforcing justice over whatever it is you've done :D

Last edited:
Great comic, Frosty, if about as factually accurate as an average Jack Chick pamphlet. (Your art is better, though.)

Touching IrshFaq's immortal, I'll resurrect him on the same terms as applied to Blayne's Rasputin: Consistent updates for a short period.

I repeat my remarks on the peace: You do not have the power to enforce the terms you're demanding; and Constantinople will be handed over when my last demesne province falls, and not before.

I repeat my remarks on the peace: You do not have the power to enforce the terms you're demanding; and Constantinople will be handed over when my last demesne province falls, and not before.

Yes, yes, we disagree on the finer details of this conflicts inevitable end. But you made reference to be considering most the other terms, what does you alliance consider an "enforceable peace" then?. Taking into consideration your dwindling manpower and our superior reserves, and the fact that we would not much appreciate having to bleed you entirely dry before you see reason.

Yes, yes, we disagree on the finer details of this conflicts inevitable end. But you made reference to be considering most the other terms, what does you alliance consider an "enforceable peace" then?. Taking into consideration your dwindling manpower and our superior reserves, and the fact that we would not much appreciate having to bleed you entirely dry before you see reason.

The manpower ratio is roughly the same as at the start of the war. In fact, the egyptian reserves are inferior than those of the Caliphate and Russia is in realm duress. Our land situation is better than at the beginning.

you guys are even better whiner's than I am (when actually involved in something), I think we can make this a proper megagampaing after all ;)
could someone now post what we are demaning at the moment?

The manpower ratio is roughly the same as at the start of the war.

Yes, we are loosing mp at about the same rate. Due in large part to the defending powers not using tactics suited to an mp environment. A review of the war so far has been done, and changes will be made that we expect will soon swing momentum in our favor. The cold fact remains that our reserves are deeper than yours, our regeneration is sustainable, our flanks sufficiently secure and our base of strength not under direct threat. Russia's most disloyal vassal has +5% monthly loyalty gain.

What we have on the ground is a stalemate, should the war continue we will eventually win by grinding attrition. That or the Mongols will make a move and end it for us...

what we are demanding at the moment?

We're still at the original map, the orientals have not yet made a substantial counterproposal.

Or the Danes and allies will step in with "Peacekeeping" forces at strategic places...:D

Yes, the agression of these warmongering orientals must be stopped! :D

You are mistaken Frosty.

I was referring to percent, so yes the distribution is still proportionally the same. That is; we have more, and our nations can sustain it longer, especially as we have learned from our strategical mistakes. As such the war will eventually be won by us, especially what with the Mongols.

But we are repeating ourselves, and I think there is little to ad beyond what has been said. Now is the time for us to hear how you propose this war you have stated should end. Preferably with maps. :)

at this point I would love to have some deeplevel (non byzophile) peunut analysis of the war situation and all sides changes to continue it trough another session...:D

Also, as Im not the main belligrent, I wont comment on the demands that much, I haven't been part of making them, but at this point its in our nations best intress to let Russia/Egypt to do that part...However, I would just want to say that, as the situation in OOC wise has allready derailed into the typical MP ragecircle of:"But you demaned x amount of provinces in last war, so its fair that I can demand at least 1.5x this time!"...
...so to end that circle, with little gains migth proven out to be better peace in long term than forcily hammer trough demands of all unconquested claims from the past.